1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, Mr J is still in limbo, hasn't budged in 4 days from its arrival at airport... but my Humungus figure that shipped 6 days after Joker will be here tomorrow.

How does that even happen...? You'd think customs would have stopped the S&M figure with a gun before a guy in a suit with a raspberry beret.

How does that even happen...? You'd think customs would have stopped the S&M figure with a gun before a guy in a suit with a raspberry beret.
:ROFLMAO:
What do we think the customs timeframe is for a guy in raspberry S&M gear called Beret with a big gun...?

Seriously though, hope things work out soon for you Wor

To be fair to HT these would never have come out anywhere near the prices we are seeing. These are bootlegs. Good ones at times, but still bootlegs.
It does make you wonder, however. How much is licensing? How much is sculpting? How much is manufacturing? How much is mark-up? I know it's not as clear cut as that, or maybe it is? I don't know.
I get it, we all want to get paid.
How much would these have been if Mars had to pay for the licensing?

Back in the day when this forum sponsored Sideshow, any thread that featured third party figures such as these would get scrubbed and deleted because Hot Toys and Sideshow would complain.

Off the top of my head, Present Toys Lucius Fox, Ace Toyz Keaton Bruce Wayne and a slew of others all had discussions that would be taken off the boards since they interfered with Hot Toys/Sideshow’s licensing interests.

I’m just saying, they have got to be FUMING. One of the reasons I didn’t preorder Mr. J and Mr. W at first was because I thought for sure Mars was going to get shut down for what they were doing. Once these shipped and people got them in hand though, there was no turning back. I just think it’s hilarious how Hot Toys has/had the licensing for these characters for over a decade and chose not to do them.

They had a Romero prototype,

E58E5FF9-2634-4DEC-B736-27DE6DDA56C2.jpeg

Never saw the light of day,

They said they were making Mob Joker and Jack Napier since they bragged about being the only ones to be granted Nicholson’s likeness rights,

6B3F144C-A7AE-4CFE-BA6F-BF40ED67B772.png

AA140363-5CE0-4D80-8F86-803F298B56C0.jpeg

And the only variation they did was the Mime.

Batman Returns, Howard promised in an QnA that DeVito Penguin and Returns Catwoman were ready to drop, and . . . nothing ever happened.

Just makes me curious what they think about a third party coming in and stealing their press. More people are talking about Mars Toys and InArt than Hot Toys Han Solo.

Man, Mr J is still in limbo, hasn't budged in 4 days from its arrival at airport... but my Humungus figure that shipped 6 days after Joker will be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• humongous-hugh-mungus.gif
    humongous-hugh-mungus.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Perhaps they thought is wasn't profitable. Not saying they wouldn't be, but remember the talk about a $230 figure? Today $230 sounds great (I guess), but $230 is like the talk of a $300+ figure now. I wouldn't be able to support a line at that price. Hot Toys lost my money a long time ago. They don't make things I want. Even if they did the price alone would make me hesitate. Hell, InArt and JND make me hesitate.

Looks like orders from OneSixthKit will take a month or more to get to me. Hopefully I'll have Mr W the coming week. Feckin' bank holiday here so I can certainly forget tomorrow.

Perhaps they thought is wasn't profitable. Not saying they wouldn't be, but remember the talk about a $230 figure? Today $230 sounds great (I guess), but $230 is like the talk of a $300+ figure now. I wouldn't be able to support a line at that price. Hot Toys lost my money a long time ago. They don't make things I want. Even if they did the price alone would make me hesitate. Hell, InArt and JND make me hesitate.

For sure.

DX08 Joker was actually the beginning of the new wave of price hikes. I believe his MSRP was $265, which was absurd back in the day. Now, we’re lucky to get a basic figure for under $300.

1707090920747.gif

For sure.

DX08 Joker was actually the beginning of the new wave of price hikes. I believe his MSRP was $265, which was absurd back in the day. Now, we’re lucky to get a basic figure for under $300.
We're a niche market. Mars' overhead is probably nowhere near HT's. Their production numbers are probably small, in comparison. Not needing as much product to make a profit. It feeds the niche and they'll get a few of those fair-weather buyers.

This. I heard that HT couldn't recoup what they spent getting the likeness rights. Selling the figures at 2013-era high prices = no profit.
Even the '89 Batmobile wasn't a huge seller.

This. I heard that HT couldn't recoup what they spent getting the likeness rights. Selling the figures at 2013-era high prices = no profit.
Even the '89 Batmobile wasn't a huge seller.

They couldn't give away the Mine Joker for years here in Australia. I remember seeing him for around $200 AUD . Regret not picking one up at the time.

See what I mean?
I don't think the hobby was at that level yet.

OK, will get an extra of the original Mars Joker to use with the melty face and beret of the new figure.

Will try my luck with AliExpress - it is very hit-and-miss with sellers there (compared to Ebay).

Did your AliExpress order ever ship?

Ultimately decided to pass on the InArt Phoenix Joker so when Kit put this back up I jumped on it (having some rewards built up helped too). Always liked this scene as a kid. So dark yet campy at the same time.

After their disgraceful Batman Begins release and now what they've done with Tobey's Spider-Man I'd have no faith in Hot Toys to get these figures right. Very doubtful we'd get multiple sculpts either.

Mine now says: US / Shipment in transit, consignment unloaded from the airline

I've never seen that before. My Joker is now at the 10 day mark with still at least 2 to go. Humungus took only 5 days door to door, to be delivered today. I have no idea what happened to this package.

Back