1/6 Judge Dredd Stallone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

I have been away for awhile over Xmas but I have still been working on a few projects.

Here is a custom 1/6 Judge Dredd from 1995 movie starring Sylvester Stallone. While the movie may have been questionable there is no doubting that the costume was pretty cool and when the opportunity to grab a Medicom Dredd came up I grabbed him straight away.

I have been led to believe that this was one of Medicoms first figures and unfortunatly it showed. The body was very bad and the headsculpt was not much better. Another problem was that the costume was way too big for the body so he needed a more muscular body to fill it out.

I used a BBi body and a couple of fantastic headsculpts that I got from Ebay. One head I modified to allow the helmet to fit on, this required a generous use of the dremel, and the other was touched up to have the unhelmeted look.

I hope you enjoy

cheers

jd14.jpg

jd7.jpg

jd34.jpg

jd50.jpg

jd20.jpg

jd37.jpg

jd48.jpg

jd45.jpg

jd21.jpg

jd32.jpg

I love the old Stallone movies like Judge Dredd and Demolition Man (you will make it next?:)

Great work, looks really cool, but for the best effect you need a Hot Toys Stallone Head :)

WOW! i really like that. looks incredible, especially that last shot. i think the sculpted head looks pretty damn good, and with the helmet on it looks like a really good likeness

Outstanding work! I'd love to make my own Stallone Judge Dredd figure like that someday. I agree that the Hot Toys Rocky headsculpt would work even better for your Dredd. I like the fact that you accurately painted Stallone's eyes blue. He has brown eyes, but wore blue contact lenses for his role as Judge Dredd. Very nice! :D

Cheers everyone, thanks for the great comments.

This is a figure I have been wanting to do for a long time and my original intentions was to use the Hot Toys Rocky head and body.

This didn't seem to work though. The body is way too big for the Medicom costume and accessories and instead of looking like Judge Dredd it ended up looking like Rocky wearing a Dredd outfit. Plus the fact that there was no way the helmet was going to fit on this head. I also felt that the heads I managed to pick up had stronger jawline and Haircut that represented the look of Sylvester Stallone as Judge Dredd. Just check out the last shot that I posted in opening post to reinforce the Stallone Judge Dredd look. Tell me that doesn't look like him from the movie. :D

Speaking of scenes from the movie here a couple of movie stills utilizing this figure.

movie2.jpg

movie1.jpg

More to come :)

cheers

I AM THE LAW!

I never knew medicom made a Judge Dredd, im big dredd fan and have been wanting a comic Judge Dredd and Judge Death for a long time, was the first comic i bought.

I think you he's dead on the for the movie dredd but a little bit of gold paint would make the armor more accurate. Got a close up of the Lawgiver?

The body armour is totally untouched. I have not modified the existing Medicom parts in any way. All I have done is fit them to a different body and used a new head. The gold in real life is actually fairly bright with detolf lights on it. I toned the gold down a little in the photoshops to blend into the scenes. Here is a shot of his shoulder with plenty of light on it.

jd49.jpg

Anyway here are some closeups of the Lawgiver :D

lawgiver.jpg

lawgiver3.jpg

lawgiver2.jpg

enjoy :)

Last edited:
G'day All

Thanks for the great comments on this figure :)

would the armor fit a Hot toys Body

Sixtus 56 - My initial intentions for this figure was to use a Hot Toys muscle body to give the bulk of Stallone. While the outfit itself has a fair bit of give there was no way that the armour and gear was going to fit the Hot Toys body (both muscle and true type, I tried both) without looking way out of proportion.

The original Figure was a very early Medicom and this was even smaller than what they do today. On a Hot Toys body the shoulder armour only just sat on his shoulders and didn't come down past his pecs, the belt sat too high and the codpeice didn't cover the necessary area :lol

After trying a few different bodies I had on hand I ended up using a BBi body as it had the right muscular tones and the size needed to accomadate the body armour.

Hope this helps :)

cheers

Don't know if its just too early or i missed it but, where is that head from??

G'day

Ironman1188 - I got this head quite a while ago from ebay seller Ironcrosshunter. It was labelled as a Stallone Judge Dredd.

I haven't seen that particular one on there for a while.

I did notice that there is a Rambo one on there at the moment that looks like a similar sculpt with different hair style.

Might be worth contacting him to see if you can get Dredd head still

hope this helps :)

cheers

That is a cool figure. I wish I had one. I have the movie poster, the original one, and love this movie, but no figure! Your's rules! Great stuff! :rock

Helmet definitely doesn't fit right. You'll get better at this in time though.

Hey thanks for the great comments Rory.
By the way, can you show me your custom 1/6 Dredd so I can see how it's done? :D

Thanks Les. To get the thumbs up from you is always a privelage. :bow

Cheers

Back