1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was happy with jagzz's jacket because I felt it was the proper Raiders length. I find all other jackets too short. But I always want Raiders length. I always want the Raiders hat too; very distinct compared to the other hats.

Most jackets can look boxy -- at that scale, with lining and pockets, it gets stiff. But also, most people don't know how to futz. I think that's part of the reason they get frustrated and continually hunt for something else.

I found my original set of Pickz boots to be small. Sadly.

If HT did a Young Indy, I would definitely pick him up. But I just don't see that happening. Ever. Whatever is going on with Ford/HT, something's off.

But I do hold out hope for an InArt Indiana Jones... and that would be my grail of grails!

Yea, I get that which is understandable that one was sorta blind faith based on the artists involved while JND is the finished product.

I guess what prompted my surprise was not only hearing the price of the custom and that folks sounded ok with it but somehow those same ppl thought the JND was overpriced; but, that someone(s?) jumped from one of the Siberian customs outfit runs to get on that Gesus run after these most recent pics of it surfaced.

Just interesting to me. Like you said, will be interesting to see the for sale sections after it’s been released. I’ve seen a lot of ppl sell the Jgazz Indy jacket. I know I’ll be selling my Mike Yuan set, at least the jacket and pants, after the holidays. I’m hopeful the Siberian Raiders set and Waruna’s sculpt will be it for me for Raiders 😅
I'm guessing most people are unaware of the Gesus price, first I had heard to be honest. Though I suspected north of $2K just based on how much each component often ends up being.

But as Wor said, people are taking the chance from the outset that it will be worth it and that its rarity will retain that value. The initial unpainted sculpt looked solid but that often doesn't fully translate when painted, we've seen that enough with all the renders over the years.

$3K for 1/6th Indy vs $3K for 1/3rd Indy.

Crazy...

PCmZ.gif

I was happy with jagzz's jacket because I felt it was the proper Raiders length. I find all other jackets too short. But I always want Raiders length.
That makes sense especially if it fit what you were looking for. For me, I think it just comes down to how the clothing overall lays/fits on the body. If I like how that looks and for the most part, it looks pretty accurate, I'd be fine. That's my problem with the Mike Yuan set, just don't like how the jacket ended up sitting on the figure as well as the pants just barely kissing the boots rather than being baggy. I'm a bit worried that the Siberian pants won't be long enough though they've said that the pants were just sitting too high up in the prototype pics. Hopefully that's it.
I found my original set of Pickz boots to be small. Sadly.
Oh man that sucks to hear... guess I should check them out eventually. Though, the proper pants would also effect the look I'd image
If HT did a Young Indy, I would definitely pick him up. But I just don't see that happening. Ever. Whatever is going on with Ford/HT, something's off.

But I do hold out hope for an InArt Indiana Jones... and that would be my grail of grails!
Yea I don't think I would be able to resist another young Indy. It would have to look worse than the DX05 for me to really pass.

I'm guessing most people are unaware of the Gesus price, first I had heard to be honest. Though I suspected north of $2K just based on how much each component often ends up being.

But as Wor said, people are taking the chance from the outset that it will be worth it and that its rarity will retain that value. The initial unpainted sculpt looked solid but that often doesn't fully translate when painted, we've seen that enough with all the renders over the years.
For sure. And I'm definitely not criticizing anyone who was in the run initially as I fully get it. You're really relying on the artists involved, their talent and reputation to deliver on the goods and the price reflects all the talent involved. I just thought it was funny to see ppl on FB who criticized the JND and its price for not being 100%, but then seeing at least one of those same ppl just recently jump on the Gesus run that apparently is around the same price as the JND when some spots opened up apparently. I wouldn't be surprised that whoever left the Gesus run was to potentially by the JND instead.

It's just interesting the logic behind it.

Who's to really say, but I would think that if this was like a year or so ago when I didn't have any Indy's, I'd probably had been more inclined to jump on the JND. I still might if I end up not liking the way the Siberian set looks in hand and on the figure. From the looks, the JND isn't selling out anytime soon 😅

So much of this hobby is subjective. Yes, there are actual measurements (if you can find them) and these are all something tangible being replicated, but at the end of the day it also has to satisfy that thing in your brain -- your own memory, your own feelings, that 'yearning' of how you see the character. We all allow for imperfections -- problems in customs happen when someone's allowances don't align with others.

Anyway, it's all fun. It's a hobby. And I enjoy the hunt. I'm not sure what I'd do if the hunt was over. Indy is always my top hunt. When there's a lull in new developments, I often turn my sights on making the villains. It also helps me expand past Raiders, which I have a hard time doing with the intrepid professor himself.

I'm very jealous of davejames Indy in Tuxedo from Temple of Doom. But I think if I were to put together an Indy without his hat, it would be Prof. Jones from... wait for it... Raiders.

So much of this hobby is subjective. Yes, there are actual measurements (if you can find them) and these are all something tangible being replicated, but at the end of the day it also has to satisfy that thing in your brain -- your own memory, your own feelings, that 'yearning' of how you see the character. We all allow for imperfections -- problems in customs happen when someone's allowances don't align with others.

Anyway, it's all fun. It's a hobby. And I enjoy the hunt. I'm not sure what I'd do if the hunt was over. Indy is always my top hunt. When there's a lull in new developments, I often turn my sights on making the villains. It also helps me expand past Raiders, which I have a hard time doing with the intrepid professor himself.

I'm very jealous of davejames Indy in Tuxedo from Temple of Doom. But I think if I were to put together an Indy without his hat, it would be Prof. Jones from... wait for it... Raiders.
Ironically there was a run being done for Professor Jones by T-Art and other artist.

Well said 👏 agreed
Anyway, it's all fun. It's a hobby. And I enjoy the hunt. I'm not sure what I'd do if the hunt was over.
It's sort of sad when the hunt and fun are over. I've probably iterated too much at this point that I've been questioning this hobby this year. Even though I'm still hanging on, buying figures and getting into a few custom runs, I do get a little sad thinking that I may be moving on from this at some point.

Well said 👏 agreed

It's sort of sad when the hunt and fun are over. I've probably iterated too much at this point that I've been questioning this hobby this year. Even though I'm still hanging on, buying figures and getting into a few custom runs, I do get a little sad thinking that I may be moving on from this at some point.
I feel the same. I turned 30 this May and I've personally been in the hobby since 2011 and now I'm at a point were I think finally selling the majority of my stuff and only keeping some is probably the only thing I want. I still tell myself just these last couple of figures on PO and I'm done. But I keep getting into the next Preorder or the new custom run. So it's a never ending circle unless I finally just stop.

I feel the same. I turned 30 this May and I've personally been in the hobby since 2011 and now I'm at a point were I think finally selling the majority of my stuff and only keeping some is probably the only thing I want. I still tell myself just these last couple of figures on PO and I'm done. But I keep getting into the next Preorder or the new custom run. So it's a never ending circle unless I finally just stop.
I'm in the process of re-evaluating my own collection which has (and continues to involve a lot of selling). I've made some strict rules for myself going forward (has to have some strong links to my childhood/ Nostalgia) and more or less mapped out every figure I will allow myself to purchase or make in the future. So far I've resisted the urge to jump on quite a few new custom runs which I like the look of but don't fit within the new rules. As a happy side effect it has freed up funds to invest in my own runs or one off characters that I really do want that probably won't otherwise be made. I feel a lot happier with my collection and this hobby as a result (and feel I have a better handle on this borderline addiction).

How does this circle back to Indy ... well I made the hard decision to only have three Indy figures in my collection, one from each of the movies I like and each with a distinctly different look (raiders with the classic look, TOD with the club Obi-wan tux and TLC with the professor Indy look).

About five years ago I boldly declared my Raiders Indy finished but of course he has changed entirely since then. He has almost finished his latest change / upgrade and this time I really do think the component parts will be hard to surpass except maybe the sculpt which is always subjective.

About five years ago I boldly declared my Raiders Indy finished but of course he has changed entirely since then. He has almost finished his latest change / upgrade and this time I really do think the component parts will be hard to surpass except maybe the sculpt which is always subjective.

:lol

I want to hear it. Your Indy collection is finished!

:lol

I want to hear it. Your Indy collection is finished!
Well the shoes need an upgrade haha. I'm waiting for the Doggiedoc set which will hopefully happen one day (or equivalent if they don't materialise).

The clothing, whip and accessories won't ever be replaced at this point and I don't think could be better unless someone actually shrunk down Harrison Ford. There will always be new head sculpts and I do keep my eye on the market but I am content with the one I have.

So in conclusion haha shoes and head sculpt might change but the rest will remain ... I promise ... I hope ... help me

There looks to be some good new head sculpt options on the horizon, especially Waruna's.

I'm with you. I'm hoping my Prime Raiders Indy and Cairo Indy are complete, and then its simply a matter of whether I want to expand into Last Crusade one day for fun of the hunt. I'd also like a more scene-specific Temple of Doom sculpt for that custom.

For now, I'm toying with making yet another Indy villain to satisfy my "Indy hunt" drive...

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable headsculpt painter? I've got an Indy that needs paint up.
James Rohrbaugh he's US based and is part of the 1:6 Indiana Jones Facebook group. He is currently repainting my PT Indy head to restore it to the original Ingio sculpt and also the painter on the Stain TOD Indy head run. He's reasonable and a good guy .

James does some great work!

I'm thinking of getting my Andre Raiders sculpt and the Sideshow TOD sculpt painted up by OneSixthVisage in the US. I also love the texture he puts on the hats. I'll probably send him whatever body I intend to use as well so he can match skin tones.

IMG_0741.png

IMG_0742.png

IMG_0743.png

Last edited:
Wow those look awesome, especially the hat texturing . What does he charge for a paint up? I'm fine with the SS TOD paint but maybe done the road it's something I would consider? What improvements have you made on you TOD Indy thus far?

Back