1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed my TOD 1/6 Sanskrit manuscript. Tried to get it as close to the colors in the film as I could.

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

Last edited:
Excellent work, Gipetto0812!
That’s awesome!
Thank you! It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and finally had a chance to get it done last night.

Next for TOD Indy is to chrome the machete blade. I've recently learned how to chrome in an amateur but effective way, so thought it would be cool to chrome the blade to make it more movie accurate

Last edited:
Raiders belt round 2! I had to actually remake both belts b/c I stupidly made the newb mistake of not actually measuring the waist of each figure’s body, so both belts weren’t long enough. :slap In doing so, though, I opted for 6mm leather this time around instead of the previously used 5mm as the 5mm seemed too thin when I actually tried to put them on the figures.

No real difference in the TOD belt since luckily the buckle I previously made just needed a bit more filing to fit the new 6mm strap, so not including a pic of it.

However, I had to completely remake the Raiders buckle and I think I got the shape more accurate and even closer this time now that I had that much more room to work with. I kept the metal keeper and whip loop from the first go around, so that thankfully saved me some time. All this work might end up being moot if I decide to go for the JND once more pics and final video is up though :LOL:

IMG_0652.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Gang,

I'm looking to make a few changes to my Hot Toys Indy. Wondering what the best body for replacement is and where to get a better head sculpt? Any information would be much appreciated.

Hi Gang,

I'm looking to make a few changes to my Hot Toys Indy. Wondering what the best body for replacement is and where to get a better head sculpt? Any information would be much appreciated.
It really depends on your budget

For bodies-many seem to feel the JX01 body is a good one for Indy. But, if you have the money to spend either the Hot Toys ANH Han Solo body or the Hot Toys young Solo body.

A cheaper headsculpt upgrade could be the Present Toys headsculpt(s) if you can find them.

If you have some money to spend, there are many custom sculpts around from the many Inigo ones, modified MJ Choi, Jinx hatted and hatless sculpts, Yixie and quite a few others. They’ll all be fairly expensive to get though. Waruna is also making an Indy sculpt and he offers painting services with it.

Hi Gang,

Those changes will start multiplying quite quickly.

Beware the slippery slope, my friend. Looking forward to seeing you join our Club Obi Wan...

slippery slope 1sm GIF.gif

I have to admit that I’m a little shocked to have recently heard that this set is $3k+ and ppl are willingly paying that for it, yet have a problem with the JND and its price. Must have something to do with the Artists involved I guess, but doesn’t really make sense to me 😅

Well, people can judge JND after the fact... while you had to pay a fair amount years in advance to get the Gesus LC Indy. So no surprise that justifications are rampant in the Customs World. The truth comes about 6 months after "the newest best thing" hits -- when you find all the 'for sale' threads.

I'd be curious to know how many jumped onboard after that was shown.

Well, people can judge JND after the fact... while you had to pay a fair amount years in advance to get the Gesus LC Indy. So no surprise that justifications are rampant in the Customs World. The truth comes about 6 months after "the newest best thing" hits -- when you find all the 'for sale' threads.

I'd be curious to know how many jumped onboard after that was shown.
Yea, I get that which is understandable that one was sorta blind faith based on the artists involved while JND is the finished product.

I guess what prompted my surprise was not only hearing the price of the custom and that folks sounded ok with it but somehow those same ppl thought the JND was overpriced; but, that someone(s?) jumped from one of the Siberian customs outfit runs to get on that Gesus run after these most recent pics of it surfaced.

Just interesting to me. Like you said, will be interesting to see the for sale sections after it’s been released. I’ve seen a lot of ppl sell the Jgazz Indy jacket. I know I’ll be selling my Mike Yuan set, at least the jacket and pants, after the holidays. I’m hopeful the Siberian Raiders set and Waruna’s sculpt will be it for me for Raiders 😅

Last edited:
Just interesting to me. Like you said, will be interesting to see the for sale sections after it’s been released. I’ve seen a lot of ppl sell the Jgazz Indy jacket. I know I’ll be selling my Mike Yuan set, at least the jacket and pants, after the holidays. I’m hopeful the Siberian Raiders set and Waruna’s sculpt will be it for me for Raiders 😅

It will never end. Know that. :)

Yeah, there's always a percentage of people who sell for the next shiny, new object. A lot of Buffy Indy heads sold. A lot of jagzz sold. I see a lot of Dai_Qz Craig sculpts suddenly now... part of the terrible customs cycle: endless "improvement".

I quite like my jagzz jacket. I'm really curious what jacket people think is better -- I might want to get one.

I have seen so many clothing runs in my time that its far cheaper for me to sit them all out and just pick up the best down the line -- even if I overpay for one good piece, I've saved tons of money not jumping on every run. Hope the Siberian run is "the one" but if its the entire outfit, something will be wrong. Waruna's sculpt looks very promising after that excellent Ford/Solo base. But it has the extra complication of now having to get the hat right as well. Finger's crossed though, and Waruna seems to handle feedback a lot better than many customizers.

It will never end. Know that. :)

Yeah, there's always a percentage of people who sell for the next shiny, new object. A lot of Buffy Indy heads sold. A lot of jagzz sold. I see a lot of Dai_Qz Craig sculpts suddenly now... part of the terrible customs cycle: endless "improvement".

I quite like my jagzz jacket. I'm really curious what jacket people think is better -- I might want to get one.
Haha probably.

Jgazz jacket does looks nice, though, depending on how it’s futzed, sometimes looks a little too wide/boxy in the body in some pics I’ve seen. I’m interested to see how the Siberian jacket turns out for the production pieces with the requested amendments and weathering.

If the Mike Yuan pants had been baggier, I think all I’d be in for is a new jacket. I really like the shirt as well even if it doesn’t have full sleeves.

I still haven’t used my Pickz boots.

I know if HT or someone else does an official younger Indy (Raiders or flashback DoD), I’d likely pick up the sculpt as I’m sucker for moveable eyes and it’ll likely have them.

Back