1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah been following his Han thread since the start. Great communication and constant updates on his part as well which is nice to see. Eager to see that sculpt translate to Indy. Just might be the one I grab for this.

Phenomenal work Gipetto! That looks incredible

Amazing work, Gipetto0812!!
Thanks @The Rogster ans @FlyAndFight :duff

Should be posting the Raiders belt today or tomorrow.
Yep, the Waruna sculpt is the best Ford I have seen in a very long time. I'm eager to see how it works for Indy; so far it looks very promising.
Same. I do hope some of it is tweaked a little in the expression so it not just the same exact sculpt but with an fedora.

Waruna is a good guy though. I purchased many of his Superman related sculpts when he first started years ago and has always been super professional. He manages his runs very exceptionally with great communication and will go out of his way to help if something happens.

Same. I do hope some of it is tweaked a little in the expression so it not just the same exact sculpt but with an fedora.

Waruna is a good guy though. I purchased many of his Superman related sculpts when he first started years ago and has always been super professional. He manages his runs very exceptionally with great communication and will go out of his way to help if something happens.

Yep, although the Alan Grant run was a bit of a mess.

I actually like the sculpt for Indy (that expression is better for Indy than Han). Maybe he'll do one like that and another variant.

The hat will be a real test, at least the Raiders hat. Very specific.

Awesome work here as usual, wish I had half the talent to make my own accessories!

That chart of all the custom heads is so cool, thanks for posting. Always fascinating to see the features artists and collectors focus on as far as likeness goes, and that certain iconic faces can be so much harder to 100% nail than others. I’ve thought about acquiring a legit custom to replace the Present Toys head, but for now I’m holding off at least until I see the JND piece…if that feels like a ‘definitive’ Indy representation it will be hard to resist making that the statement piece for the character, and equally hard to justify dumping any additional funds into sprucing up a Present Toys starter kit lol.

There’s also that worry of a premium 1/6 brand taking another swing at a licensed Indy the second I place the order, but that seems to be a constant gamble in this hobby.

Anyway, just popping in to post a couple update pics of my Raiders Indy display:

7F54C1F4-708E-46F5-AD39-9F55B60DB72E.jpeg

1755D977-9DAD-4683-807C-5485ABD23503.jpeg

Yep, although the Alan Grant run was a bit of a mess.

I actually like the sculpt for Indy (that expression is better for Indy than Han). Maybe he'll do one like that and another variant.

The hat will be a real test, at least the Raiders hat. Very specific.
Ooo that Alan Grant one I didn’t pay attention to so hopefully I didn’t misspeak 😅

Will be interesting to see his Indy for sure, though, part of me would hope HT (or even JND) reveal an Indy before WW does his Indy run so I’ll know if I want to go through with it. What I like about WW’s runs is that usually he offers a painted option so it saves a step in having to get it painted by someone else unless you have a preferred painter that is.

Alrighty- here’s the completed Raiders gun belt and holster. Similar specs as the TOD holster I made on the previous page. Aside from the obvious, the main difference in terms of construction was I made 0.5mm holes on the Raiders belt as I felt the 0.8mm ones on my TOD belt were a little too big for the scale.

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

Below is a modified Mike Yuan leather holster that I used as my test dummy. It can fit both HT and SS TOD pistols. Haven’t decided what I will do with it. Might keep it for an old man Indy figure.

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0393.jpeg

And here’s the comparison between my Raiders belt, TOD belt and Mike Yuan holster
IMG_0390.jpeg

Lastly, comparison of the belt holes between TOD (top) and Raiders (bottom)
IMG_0394.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, the Waruna sculpt is the best Ford I have seen in a very long time. I'm eager to see how it works for Indy; so far it looks very promising.
Where is the Waruna Han run being hosted? And are there any pics of a physical sculpt painted up as yet?

I always find it's super difficult to fully judge a sculpt until its a physical/cast/printed item and painted. Many sculpts look great in a zbrush render or even as a print but seem less impressive as a painted sculpt (the WGP Indys were to me a good example of this.)

Where is the Waruna Han run being hosted? And are there any pics of a physical sculpt painted up as yet?

I always find it's super difficult to fully judge a sculpt until its a physical/cast/printed item and painted. Many sculpts look great in a zbrush render or even as a print but seem less impressive as a painted sculpt (the WGP Indys were to me a good example of this.)
Over on the custom site.
C4F87805-FDDF-4A06-AC4E-7B5CB748AE7E.jpeg

Start here and move forward for pics: Head sculpture - Han by WW - Collecting balance

Alrighty- here’s the completed Raiders gun belt and holster. Similar specs as the TOD holster. Aside from the obvious, the main difference in terms of construction was I made 0.5mm holes on the Raiders belt as I felt the 0.8mm ones on my TOD belt were a little too big for the scale.

View attachment 658951
View attachment 658952
View attachment 658953
View attachment 658954
View attachment 658955

Below is a modified Mike Yuan leather holster that I used as my test dummy. It can fit both HT and SS TOD pistols. Haven’t decided what I will do with it. Might keep it for an old man Indy figure.

View attachment 658956
View attachment 658957

And here’s the comparison between my Raiders belt, TOD belt and Mike Yuan holster
View attachment 658958

Lastly, comparison of the belt holes between TOD (top) and Raiders (bottom)
View attachment 658959
Great work, @Gipetto0812! Really digging the shape you pulled off for the TOD holster.

He’s a character I’ve always wanted but we never got anything that was officially good enough. Sold off my DX05 years and years ago. Wish Hot Toys would do an updated Raiders version but that seems like a gamble like always with them. INART tackling him would be a sight to see but Hot Toys has Disney's balls in their hands for god knows how long.

Saw way too many custom runs of the jacket and outfit to bother joining any of them since it felt like there would be a new one the day after. Re-runs of the same jacket being produced, etc etc. The Present Toy version was never something I would get and consider good enough either.

Digging the SCS version a lot and it covers the entire base outfit instead of just doing the jacket alone. My main issue is getting a sculpt that I can consider a one and done for this. Liking the Inigo ones as well but those runs are long over. Hoping a new sculpt pops up soon from someone.

Should be a fun build though.

200.gif
Shoes wise you have some options , on the less expensive side there are the Hot Toys and Presents Toys versions which are very similar , a little more expensive side Pickz did a run which will cost your around $70 and are made from resin, I own 2 pairs of those and are quite nice . Last Juan Dorango is doing a run on resin shoes which also have shoe strings also going for around $70. If you join the Indiana Jones 1:6 group on face book he still has some slots open for those and he does other custom gear as well. I bought his shirt and pants and are quite happy with them .

Great work, @Gipetto0812! Really digging the shape you pulled off for the TOD holster.
Thanks man! It was tough to work with the leather as the way Stevo treats the leather has it turn out pretty stiff even though it super thin and tough. Wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but it was only $12+shipping for the holster so can't complain too much. If I ended up ruining it, I would've eventually just ordered a set from Vigilante Craftworks. I know he's on pause to get his website up and running supposedly, though he told me that same thing when I inquired about his Indy gear like 2-3 years ago :lol

l6pQAoV.jpg

giphy.gif

Big thanks to Merek for these parts and the bundle deal he gave, besides the body which I grabbed from TA the other day off of ANH Solo.

Full Metal belt + gun holster + Strain Raiders whip + DX05 (upgraded golden button) satchel + mfisher satchel strap. Just need the Siberian Raider outfit, find some good shoes and a sculpt. Maybe do a base to top it off.

maaaaan you really went all in @Hologram AI :lol

congrats on the great parts. pretty much the best of the best right there in that bundle. Would love a joe strain whip, but I think it's more than what I want to spend on one item.

l6pQAoV.jpg

giphy.gif

Big thanks to Merek for these parts and the bundle deal he gave, besides the body which I grabbed from TA the other day off of ANH Solo.

Full Metal belt + gun holster + Strain Raiders whip + DX05 (upgraded golden button) satchel + mfisher satchel strap. Just need the Siberian Raider outfit, find some good shoes and a sculpt. Maybe do a base to top it off.

You've just stepped into a much larger world.

Congratulations!

The Strain whip is incredible.

Well I guess I’m not the only one who got bit with the Indy fever. Got the Yunsil pants from Merek and TonTon hooked me up with the Kato jacket, Yunsil shirt, PickZ boots and one of his satchels. Put it all on a Solo body and basically got myself a brand new Indy! Currently waiting on the new Yixie sculpt so now I’m thinking it’s time for a new whip. At that point, why not get a new web belt?
IMG_3389.jpeg

IMG_3403.jpeg

IMG_3392.jpeg

Back