1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed some preliminary parts for a German Indy for cheap to get a basic idea of what it might look like. Need to check out different bodies probably as this one kinda gives him boobies.

50dc5ad42c3d9b11395457499229c777.jpg

Pretty decent,

The JNIX sculpt does actually work there.

Great looking German Indy there TonTon! Looks like you were able to find a good match for the jacket after all.

I have to admit I'm still not feeling much interest in a Professor version, but one other I was kinda considering is his Venice suit. It's a pretty basic look, but still a pretty cool and memorable one I think (and it did feature in a big action scene). Just not sure if there's a high quality suit out there in that color or not...

View attachment 483779

Two that spring to mind are the grey suit from the Blackbox Craig Bond and the suit from the BCS Dr No Bond. Both may be a bit light in colour though. There was also a Saturday Toys Ronny Cox figure that had one that might just work.

Thought this was interesting. Shows the Jnix changes from his first Ford (ANH Han) to Deckard and then Indy. You can see on the Indy sculpts it looks like he lengthened/thinned out the nose and changed up the ears from the Deckard sculpt. The wrinkles between the eyebrows seemed to get stronger with each new sculpt too, they're pretty faint on Solo, then a bit more noticeable on Deckard and really prominent on Indy, especially the hatted sculpt. Maybe a product of multiple recastings?

jnix-sculpts.jpg

Yes, I gave him some hair!

More pics! What's the sculpt?

Thought this was interesting. Shows the Jnix changes from his first Ford (ANH Han) to Deckard and then Indy. You can see on the Indy sculpts it looks like he lengthened/thinned out the nose and changed up the ears from the Deckard sculpt. The wrinkles between the eyebrows seemed to get stronger with each new sculpt too, they're pretty faint on Solo, then a bit more noticeable on Deckard and really prominent on Indy, especially the hatted sculpt. Maybe a product of multiple recastings?

View attachment 483841

More pics! What's the sculpt?
Which Indy sculpt is the bottom left?

He's in the ballpark, but, Inigo has him beat for overall likeness to Ford. Inigo even overcame the elongation which dogged many 3D prints, what he does now always looks like the render.

Looks like you got the whole set! :D

No ... there is another ...

I had the ESB Han at one point too but the hair was kinda off. I ended up selling Deckard in favor of the Inigo too.

Which Indy sculpt is the bottom left?

That's the Jnix custom Indy. He first made the ANH Han Solo (bottom right) and then proceeded to make alterations for all these other Ford sculpts. Consensus is that none have been as strong as that first Han Solo.

That's the Jnix custom Indy. He first made the ANH Han Solo (bottom right) and then proceeded to make alterations for all these other Ford sculpts. Consensus is that none have been as strong as that first Han Solo.

There are so many, it has become hard for me to remember who made which one. How many different Indy sculpts has Jnix done?

Just the ones in those shots above (a hatted and unhatted one). He did a second run of the hatted sculpt and also offered it painted like TOD but it was the same sculpt, he didn't rework it like Inigo has done with his different Indy heads.

Not sure what the deal is but Jnix hasn't offered any new sculpts in a while, has just been rereleasing his past work.

Anybody have any tips as to making a figure sweaty and dirty? I should also add the figure has a rubber torso.
I’ve read that acrylic varnish is good for the sweat effect. Is that just a spray you apply after weathering?

Back