1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone recognize this Indy shirt? Doesn't seem terrible, but not sure I've ever seen it on anyone's Indy figure before.

indy-shirt.jpg

Managed to score a Sovereign jacket, shirt and gun belt. I think they look and sit better than the HT ones. Just need to shorten the jacket sleeves a bit and futz the collar. Thoughts?

HbRCoZW.jpg

lPOYe1M.jpg

ksBvr0f.jpg

IVsy1M0.jpg

zNCEt2z.jpg

9AoeiW1.jpg

That shirt is definitely not Hasbro. I would guess it was one of those unlicensed figures that came out post-Toys McCoy but before Sideshow. Possible the Relic Hunter set which might've had variations in it's limited run. It could also belong to one of those relatively cheap outfit sets you see on eBay.

Looks great Ash! Don’t shorten those sleeves! They’re perfect. They were long on Ford. Down to his knuckles

Indy is really coming along, Ash!

Got me there, my first thought was Relic Hunter, till I saw the buttons. It's got velcro so my best guess would be Hasbro.

Yeah, the buttons and stitching look decent. But it might be totally the wrong size.

That shirt is definitely not Hasbro. I would guess it was one of those unlicensed figures that came out post-Toys McCoy but before Sideshow. Possible the Relic Hunter set which might've had variations in it's limited run. It could also belong to one of those relatively cheap outfit sets you see on eBay.

Yeah I'll dig around a bit more and see if I can find anything out. Not worth messing with if it's the type of shirt that would only fit a skinny Medicom body or whatever.

Anyone recognize this Indy shirt? Doesn't seem terrible, but not sure I've ever seen it on anyone's Indy figure before.

View attachment 483684

Part of me wants to say it?s from this with better buttons swapped in:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264357593478

Looking on BOT, the pants seem pretty similar and the thinness and fabric just automatically thinks it?s a custom.

Also, does no one use the Sideshow KOTCS head? Maybe it?s just that nobody makes Crystal Skull customs but I feel like that head with a new hat and paint could look really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me wants to say it?s from this with better buttons swapped in:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264357593478

Looking on BOT, the pants seem pretty similar and the thinness and fabric just automatically thinks it?s a custom.

Also, does no one use the Sideshow KOTCS head? Maybe it?s just that nobody makes Crystal Skull customs but I feel like that head with a new hat and paint could look really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're spot on. Nice find. :hi5:

The pants look kinda crappy but the shirt looks salvageable with the better buttons. Noticing now that in both cases the buttons continue on the wrong side after the shirt opens up.

Not sure of that but it doesn't smell of anything really. It's almost like a thin canvas type of material.

Yeah I've always liked that sculpt and the different kind of expression they went with. But unfortunately I've seen some comparisons and it appears even larger than the already large SS Raiders head, so I just don't think it could ever work on a custom.

Not sure of that but it doesn't smell of anything really. It's almost like a thin canvas type of material.

Sounds similar to the SSC jacket in that respect. I've always used that as you can tuck and pose it like the real one. Whenever I see leather ones on figures, they never look right somehow, the leather on them looks about as thick as it was on the real life size jacket, which was never really that heavy a jacket as he wore it in a lot of temperate locations. If the jacket was as heavy as some of the figures make it look, he would never have worn it in the jungle when he went in search of the idol.

Yeah I've always liked that sculpt and the different kind of expression they went with. But unfortunately I've seen some comparisons and it appears even larger than the already large SS Raiders head, so I just don't think it could ever work on a custom.

I’ve had a couple of these in-hand and that is one big melon! Definitely far too big to be useable, unfortunately.

Grabbed some preliminary parts for a German Indy for cheap to get a basic idea of what it might look like. Need to check out different bodies probably as this one kinda gives him boobies.

50dc5ad42c3d9b11395457499229c777.jpg

Other than Rzeznikk, no one's doing Prof. Jones...? His part time job?

Isn't there a custom outfit project going, or did that die? That hatless sculpt would be perfect for it. Plus, I bet DoggieDoc would make a great pair of glasses for him.

Inigo posted a brilliant looking WIP professor pic (and ESB Han sculpt too). But I haven't heard anything again about those. They're apparently doing another run of the v3 Indy, though I doubt that holds up the sculpting work on those other sculpts.

I think the Yunsil outfit thread fizzled but maybe it could restart if the sculpt happens for real.

Great looking German Indy there TonTon! Looks like you were able to find a good match for the jacket after all.

I have to admit I'm still not feeling much interest in a Professor version, but one other I was kinda considering is his Venice suit. It's a pretty basic look, but still a pretty cool and memorable one I think (and it did feature in a big action scene). Just not sure if there's a high quality suit out there in that color or not...

indiana-jones-last-crusade-movie-screencaps.com-2903.jpg

Back