1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my TOD belt buckle this week. Should be able to finish both ROTLA and TOD gun belts sometime this weekend
IMG_0366.jpeg

Wow, nice work
Thank man :duff
Gipetto0812, based on those palm lines, I read them as you making a set for me, as well... :lol
:rotfl

If the buckles were easier to make I wouldn’t mind making some for others, but these really are time consuming for me and rough on the hands. The belt straps and whip loops are fairly straight forward though.

I was just buggin' ya.
Haha I figured. But they are fun to make and if I could find a way to be more efficient at it, I wouldn’t mind making some for ppl who were interested.

I started trying this out mostly b/c I just didn’t want to spend the money on the Full Metal and/or Vigilante Craftworks ones :lol I would like to get a quality whip for my raiders Indy though

I'm with you. Some of the best times in this hobby have been coming up with new parts or tweaking existing parts in order to make something unique or specific to a character figure. I get more enjoyment in bashing a custom figure or further detailing an existing one than just removing a figure from the box, posing it on a stand and... err... that's it.

I'm with you. Some of the best times in this hobby have been coming up with new parts or tweaking existing parts in order to make something unique or specific to a character figure. I get more enjoyment in bashing a custom figure or further detailing an existing one than just removing a figure from the box, posing it on a stand and... err... that's it.
Same. When I saw what @Darren Carnall was doing with his Sideshow figures way back when, it inspired me to give it try. He was kind enough to give me some pointers on painting techniques and what not. I had modded stuff but never painted and/or sculpted at this scale before at that time

Placed a deposit down for the Raiders clothing run and also snagged a Solo body from TA. Going down this Indy rabbit hole. :monkey1

Now I just need a sculpt, holster, whip and shoes. :lol Any recommendations for what's the best out there for those parts I'm missing? I've seen so many Indy runs over the years that I have no idea where to start sourcing them. Feel like just about every artist has tackled a part of him.

Last edited:
Placed a deposit down for the Raiders clothing run and also snagged a Solo body from TA. Going down this Indy rabbit hole. :monkey1

Now I just need a sculpt, holster, whip and shoes. :lol Any recommendations for what's the best out there for those parts I'm missing? I've seen so many Indy runs over the years that I have no idea where to start sourcing them. Feel like just about every artist has tackled a part of him.
A rabbit hole indeed, but a rewarding one. Michael Fisher still seems to be making gunbelts and holsters sporadically. Not sure the price exactly but someone is selling one on the custom site.

And then there's the Full Metal ones which go for about $100 for belt and $100 for holster plus shipping from overseas.

As to the sculpts here's a chart I made a couple years back, though I needs some updating with a couple recent sculpts. Modified MJ seems to be a pretty popular one. I like the smiling Inigo best but that's kind of scene or poster specific.

D591E247-037F-406F-8A35-D8B2D97CA26A.jpeg

Obi Wan First Step GIF.gif

A rabbit hole indeed, but a rewarding one. Michael Fisher still seems to be making gunbelts and holsters sporadically. Not sure the price exactly but someone is selling one on the custom site.

And then there's the Full Metal ones which go for about $100 for belt and $100 for holster plus shipping from overseas.

As to the sculpts here's a chart I made a couple years back, though I needs some updating with a couple recent sculpts. Modified MJ seems to be a pretty popular one. I like the smiling Inigo best but that's kind of scene or poster specific.

View attachment 658793
Thanks for that chart! Quite like the look of the Buffy one as well. Sort of reminds me of what a Hot Toys Raider sculpt would look like if they tackled it today.

Any recommendations for a Raider Whip and shoes?

Yup! @Wor-Gar beat me to it, but Ledger Joker and Indy are the two customs that seem to go on forever :lol though, I do find the Indy customizing funner than Ledger if I’m being honest. Ledger Joker customization feels a bit more of a headache than Indy

Last edited:
Ok guys, so here’s my completed TOD gun belt and holster. All leather purchased on Etsy from Antique Cord for both this and my Raiders belt in case anyone is interested.

Breakdown:
Buckle: real metal by me
Belt Strap: real leather 5mm wide, 1mm thick. Real punched holes at 0.8mm diameter with 5mm spacing
Whip loop: real leather 3mm wide 1mm thick with magnets imbedded in leather. Added metal stud.
Holster: heavily modified Stevo’s Toys TOD holster. This was stretched and reshaped to hold the Sideshow TOD Webley. Added the scribed edge detailing on flap and closure. Flap and closure were cut and shaped to be more accurate—both were originally way oversized with rough and uneven edges. Had to fill in and repair the hole he originally punched for the closure as it was way off center. Added magnets to flap and closure, and metal stud to closure. Repainted with Angelus leather paints to very dark brown (almost black) and lightly weathered.

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh boy, HologramAI, now you've done it. Ledger Joker AND Indy...?

You're doomed.
He’s a character I’ve always wanted but we never got anything that was officially good enough. Sold off my DX05 years and years ago. Wish Hot Toys would do an updated Raiders version but that seems like a gamble like always with them. INART tackling him would be a sight to see but Hot Toys has Disney's balls in their hands for god knows how long.

Saw way too many custom runs of the jacket and outfit to bother joining any of them since it felt like there would be a new one the day after. Re-runs of the same jacket being produced, etc etc. The Present Toy version was never something I would get and consider good enough either.

Digging the SCS version a lot and it covers the entire base outfit instead of just doing the jacket alone. My main issue is getting a sculpt that I can consider a one and done for this. Liking the Inigo ones as well but those runs are long over. Hoping a new sculpt pops up soon from someone.

Should be a fun build though.

200.gif

He’s a character I’ve always wanted but we never got anything that was officially good enough. Sold off my DX05 years and years ago. Wish Hot Toys would do an updated Raiders version but that seems like a gamble like always with them. INART tackling him would be a sight to see but Hot Toys has Disney's balls in their hands for god knows how long.

Saw way too many custom runs of the jacket and outfit to bother joining any of them since it felt like there would be a new one the day after. Re-runs of the same jacket being produced, etc etc. The Present Toy version was never something I would get and consider good enough either.

Digging the SCS version a lot and it covers the entire base outfit instead of just doing the jacket alone. My main issue is getting a sculpt that I can consider a one and done for this. Liking the Inigo ones as well but those runs are long over. Hoping a new sculpt pops up soon from someone.

Should be a fun build though.

200.gif
Keep an eye out for Waruna as he will be making an Indy sculpt after his Han Solo run is done.

Last edited:
Back