1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone have a proper whip to sell? If isn't Mfisher something close would be ok�� thanks

D2221025-11C6-425A-A408-E38375FE6862.jpeg
70326BE0-5D0E-4F08-A04F-290B6047068C.jpeg
Now the TOD Indy, he?s done as soon as I get my whip from Timemeddler.

Fantastic set of Indy figures, Rogster! :clap

I feel like that SS blade could use a repaint, every time I look at mine it seems quite dull. Not sure I've seen anyone do that though.

Fantastic set of Indy figures, Rogster! :clap

I feel like that SS blade could use a repaint, every time I look at mine it seems quite dull. Not sure I've seen anyone do that though.

Actually I shined mine up with some silver rub 'n buff a while ago, and I like the look of it a lot more now. I'll take some new pics later today.

IF ADVENTURE HAS A NAME IT MUST BE....

INDIANA JONES!

Still absolutely love this Smiling Indy sculpt by Inigo It full captures the character and makes for an excellent display to mimic the iconic Raiders Poster.

Also, this was my first time purchasing a sculpt from Inigo and was the beginning of that rabbit hole building my Custom Indys.

What a rabbit hole/money pit this is [emoji38]FB_IMG_1596061844787.jpgFB_IMG_1596061848129.jpgFB_IMG_1596061851273.jpgFB_IMG_1596061854095.jpgFB_IMG_1596061237428.jpgFB_IMG_1596061233835.jpgFB_IMG_1596061209840.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can?t believe where I?m at with my Indy figure now. Years ago, doesn?t feel too long ago, but what I thought was a great Indy back then and what I have now is ridiculous. The advances made in the hobby are incredible. I?ve never been more proud of my figure. I wonder where we will be in another 10 years..View attachment 491763
View attachment 491764
View attachment 491771
View attachment 491772
Now the TOD Indy, he?s done as soon as I get my whip from Timemeddler.
Excellent Indys there Rogster. Especially the Raiders. You nailed that pose. [emoji108]

That Inigo head is awesome! I’d love to own that look!
Excellent Indys there Rogster. Especially the Raiders. You nailed that pose. [emoji108]

And thanks a lot man, means a lot coming from you. Your figures are incredible.

Yeah, I didn't spend much on mine and it took well over a decade before I got to something I was happy with. Even then it wasn't perfect, but, I just thought 'Enough!'. I always felt like you were never 'one of the gang' if you didn't use parts everyone else was using. It ceased becoming a custom figure if you just did what everyone else did. I just used what I could afford and made the best of it.

I remember when this was a show winner:

View attachment 491168

I think that was Lonnie Hale's hero head on that. Not my figure, it was one I liked. I liked the hat, and they did actually sell just hats at the time too, wish to god I'd got one. I've stopped trying to do the perfect Indy with a figure and want to do it with a garage kit instead, then I'll have something that is truly mine and unique to me.

Hey Roger,

Damn that Indy I did back in May 2005 was the fifth one I did, I did get the hat and head from Lonnie and the pants, shirts, jacket and boots were from a WW2 US pilot and the bag was from a WW1 British soldier with scratch built strap. The pants belt and holster belt I can't remember what figure they came from and the whip holder and holster were scratch built using pleather and the whip was also scratch built using coiled leather.

Ron

That Inigo head is awesome! I?d love to own that look!
And thanks a lot man, means a lot coming from you. Your figures are incredible.
I think its an underrated sculpt imo. I always wanted a smiling sculpt and I remember Robert Rahmier pointing that sculpt out to me and down the rabbit hole I went.

And absolutely man! Gotta give credit where its due. Your Indys are shaping up nicely [emoji108]

Hey Roger,

Damn that Indy I did back in May 2005 was the fifth one I did, I did get the hat and head from Lonnie and the pants, shirts, jacket and boots were from a WW2 US pilot and the bag was from a WW1 British soldier with scratch built strap. The pants belt and holster belt I can't remember what figure they came from and the whip holder and holster were scratch built using pleather and the whip was also scratch built using coiled leather.

Ron

Providence speaks! An Indy master from times gone by.

Hemble, its always good to see you still visiting the boards. I really wish you'd make some new Indy figures though.

And whatever happened to your 1/6th Satipo?

Here's some shots of my TOD Indy with the shined up SS sword. Hopefully you can see how much more reflective it is now thanks to some simple rub 'n buff.

And big thanks to TonTon for sending me a few of his glowing Sankara Stones, as I thought it might look pretty cool to have him holding one of those. :D

20200729_183720 (2).jpg

20200729_183801 (2).jpg

20200729_183455 (2).jpg

And here's a shot of my whole Indy collection so far (not counting Young Indy which I haven't done any modding to yet).

20200729_185709 (2).jpg

Great ToD Indy, davejames!

But I have to say, the thunder got stolen by the whole display! WOW! Speechless. Really impressive collection. Love the zipped up jacket Indy -- you don't see that too often. In fact, never.

And I think your Tuxedo Indy just made me want one like that. It really pops against the others.

So what is the trick to get that ToD sword to look like that? Just rubbin' and scrubbin' does that?

Here's some shots of my TOD Indy with the shined up SS sword. Hopefully you can see how much more reflective it is now thanks to some simple rub 'n buff.

And big thanks to TonTon for sending me a few of his glowing Sankara Stones, as I thought it might look pretty cool to have him holding one of those. :D

View attachment 491804

View attachment 491805

View attachment 491806

And here's a shot of my whole Indy collection so far (not counting Young Indy which I haven't done any modding to yet).

View attachment 491807
Great ToD Indy, davejames!

But I have to say, the thunder got stolen by the whole display! WOW! Speechless. Really impressive collection. Love the zipped up jacket Indy -- you don't see that too often. In fact, never.

And I think your Tuxedo Indy just made me want one like that. It really pops against the others.

So what is the trick to get that ToD sword to look like that? Just rubbin' and scrubbin' does that?
Agreed, another solid Indy/Shelf. Love that Tux Indy too, definitely pops on the shelf.

And this set up also makes me realize that out of all my displays I dont have a zipped up jacket/gloves look.[emoji848]

Thanks guys! It's been a little while but pretty sure that after first masking off the handle, I painted the blade a flat black which I then buffed to a shine. And then after that fully dried I brushed on the silver rub n buff. After waiting 20 seconds or so for it to set slightly, I then just gently buffed it out with an old t-shirt.

But you may want to practice on something else first to make sure you're comfortable with it. And make sure to buff it until no more silver comes off on the shirt, or you may find yourself accidentally transferring it onto the figure later. I learned that lesson the hard way. Lol

Back