1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ****, what a shelf. :clap Well done, davejames! :whip And of course, love what you did with the stone.

I've gotta look into brightening up that blade, definitely gives it some realism.

I dont have a zipped up jacket/gloves look.[emoji848]

Get on it, man! Get on it!

:)

Thanks guys! It's been a little while but pretty sure that after first masking off the handle, I painted the blade a flat black which I then buffed to a shine. And then after that fully dried I brushed on the silver rub n buff. After waiting 20 seconds or so for it to set slightly, I then just gently buffed it out with an old t-shirt.

But you may want to practice on something else first to make sure you're comfortable with it. And make sure to buff it until no more silver comes off on the shirt, or you may find yourself accidentally transferring it onto the figure later. I learned that lesson the hard way. Lol

So its not the metal of the blade we're seeing? Why did you paint it first? I was thinking a Brillo pad. Glad I asked first. :lol

Get on it, man! Get on it!

:)

So its not the metal of the blade we're seeing? Why did you paint it first? I was thinking a Brillo pad. Glad I asked first. :lol

Well the reflectivity just works a lot better when you apply it over a glossy black. Just like if you were airbrushing on some Alclad II chrome paint.

IF ADVENTURE HAS A NAME IT MUST BE....

INDIANA JONES!

Still absolutely love this Smiling Indy sculpt by Inigo It full captures the character and makes for an excellent display to mimic the iconic Raiders Poster.

Also, this was my first time purchasing a sculpt from Inigo and was the beginning of that rabbit hole building my Custom Indys.

What a rabbit hole/money pit this is [emoji38]
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Superb Indy!

Hey Roger,

Damn that Indy I did back in May 2005 was the fifth one I did, I did get the hat and head from Lonnie and the pants, shirts, jacket and boots were from a WW2 US pilot and the bag was from a WW1 British soldier with scratch built strap. The pants belt and holster belt I can't remember what figure they came from and the whip holder and holster were scratch built using pleather and the whip was also scratch built using coiled leather.

Ron

Sweet, I didn't know that Indy was yours. I think I must have got the pic off OSW. It predates any Indy I did that's for sure and it it still looks good now.

Here's some shots of my TOD Indy with the shined up SS sword. Hopefully you can see how much more reflective it is now thanks to some simple rub 'n buff.

And big thanks to TonTon for sending me a few of his glowing Sankara Stones, as I thought it might look pretty cool to have him holding one of those. :D

And here's a shot of my whole Indy collection so far (not counting Young Indy which I haven't done any modding to yet).

Great collection! The SSC Henry was always way too short on the stock body. What I did was to use a Gambit TT (Pale narrow shoulder.) and put the lower legs from the original SSC Raiders Indy onto it. This gives him the correct height. I did also swap the sculpt out for one by Headplay as I felt it suited the proportions better:

HP Henry 0001.jpg

HP Henry 0004.jpg

Actually I did already swap bodies and lift him up to Connery's official height. He's just looking a bit short next to the others right now because he's still on the old Sideshow base. And despite being oversized I still happen to prefer the Sideshow sculpt after giving it a repaint.

I just wish I had a better outfit for him, as it's looking awfully cheap and outdated these days. The best I could do is make him a new bowtie. :(

IMG_20200730_091305~01.jpg

Actually I did already swap bodies and lift him up to Connery's official height. He's just looking a bit short next to the others right now because he's still on the old Sideshow base. And despite being oversized I still happen to prefer the Sideshow sculpt after giving it a repaint.

I just wish I had a better outfit for him, as it's looking awfully cheap and outdated these days. The best I could do is make him a new bowtie. :(

View attachment 491861

He looks fantastic, davejames. The amazing repaint and that great pose go along way to keeping the eyes busy and off the outfit.

Here's some shots of my TOD Indy with the shined up SS sword. Hopefully you can see how much more reflective it is now thanks to some simple rub 'n buff.

And big thanks to TonTon for sending me a few of his glowing Sankara Stones, as I thought it might look pretty cool to have him holding one of those. :D

View attachment 491804

View attachment 491805

View attachment 491806

And here's a shot of my whole Indy collection so far (not counting Young Indy which I haven't done any modding to yet).

View attachment 491807

Great Indy collection!:clap

He does look really good there, you really made the likeness shine. This pic is what I based my proportions on:

@ professor2.JPG

I do agree about the outfit, sadly, I don't think anyone like HT would do him otherwise they would have by now.

Providence speaks! An Indy master from times gone by.

Hemble, its always good to see you still visiting the boards. I really wish you'd make some new Indy figures though.

And whatever happened to your 1/6th Satipo?

Thanks buddy and I have made a Toony Indy and a 1:12 scale indy but there not 1:6 so I didn't know if I should post them or not and Satipo sold as I needed the space as the room in the new house is way to small.

Ron

1/12 indy would be great. Wasn't a big fan of the Figma (it was really a strange caricature), and it would be fantastic to see Mezco 1:12 have a go at him.

1/12 indy would be great. Wasn't a big fan of the Figma (it was really a strange caricature), and it would be fantastic to see Mezco 1:12 have a go at him.
Id think once that new movie finally start promoting merchandise we will see a "Black Series" Indy line from Hasbro. Hoping anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy and I have made a Toony Indy and a 1:12 scale indy

Definitely show them. 1/12th (or 1/10th or 7inch or whatever it becomes) is the new scale for the coming decade.

Are all your 1/6th gone? At one time, you had an insane collection... so many various and never-made-before Indy figures. I'm sure I still have the pictures of them all.

I really hope Hasbro does a Black series type release.

Unrelated, but I recently picked up that custom 2049 Deckard sculpt off of eBay. In-hand it is quite nice and would make a really neat older Jones as well.

Back