1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the Iris clothing set come out yet? If yes, could someone please put up some pictures, cant wait to see [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting on the Iris set to ship. Which was supposedly ready to ship back in Dec but was held till after the Christmas rush. Now we are still waiting.

Honestly, I've had SO many custom projects here and there getting put on hold or delayed and delayed yet we pony up all this money and we wait. Months. Sometimes YEARS for this stuff. Getting really tired of it. Yes this is a hobby. But these people doing the work, this is there job. If I had people waiting months to years for my work I'd be out a job.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Still waiting on the Iris set to ship. Which was supposedly ready to ship back in Dec but was held till after the Christmas rush. Now we are still waiting.

Honestly, I've had SO many custom projects here and there getting put on hold or delayed and delayed yet we pony up all this money and we wait. Months. Sometimes YEARS for this stuff. Getting really tired of it. Yes this is a hobby. But these people doing the work, this is there job. If I had people waiting months to years for my work I'd be out a job.

Great post Rzeznikk.

The thing is it is also in the interests of the person doing the project to get it done efficiently and move on to other things as well. Yet for some it seems to take forever and you get the sense they really can't be bothered with it. The poor communication only adds to the frustration.

When I take money to do something for someone I put my heart and soul into it 100%. I do my best for them. I could never drag things out like I have seen with some custom projects, at least not without having a damn good reason and taking the time to communicate that with the client at length.

Well, HT has set the pace over the last many years with this one-year to two-year wait and all the customizers have eagerly adopted that pattern.

That said, there's a ton of 1/6th projects going on constantly -- and there's only a couple names that get the lion's share of that business: Yunsil and Iris (I think there's a third).

To a certain extent it ruined the customs game in my mind. I definitely took a big step back from the hobby.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too.

I understand theres a queue and people just need to wait. But when you spend so much of your time waiting in this hobby it can get a bit much. And not just talking clothing runs. I'm talking in a whole.

Painters too.

And companies too. Waited almost two years for Supermads Old Hunter D.

Looking at the Yunsil interest for Bespin Han. People paid for that back in 2017 and are still waiting? GTFO. A lot can happen in three years time. Let alone 6 months.

I cant think of one project that has stayed the course and delivered on time. "The wait is worth it" yes. Most of the time it is. But I'm getting burned out on the waiting.

Waiting on established companies like HT and SS, or Blitzway with Echo-1, is annoying and frustrating but at least you know they'll eventually deliver (efx being a possible exception since I think it's been 5 years for the limited edition scout helmet).

But with customs or a painter it can be stressful having given someone several hundred dollars and trusting that transaction will eventually happen as many months or a year goes by.

As I am sure everyone is seeing on the news, China and Hong Kong are being hit with the worst flu pandemic, the coronavirus, in their collective modern histories.

If any available items are not shipped out soon, who knows how long until a full shut down could happen, and or be in place for.

Major airlines are already suspending travel to these countries.

My two cents worth:

Anything that Iris, or anyone else has available that is making custom clothing or whatever, even if it is not the full - complete order, (say she has only finished the shirts and the jackets), those should be shipped out immediately, just my opinion.

Sure everyone who is ordered is more than happy to pay for shipping twice (as opposed to not getting anything for another year).

Anyone who thinks I am overreacting, go to Netflix and watch the first episode of the new documentary series they put up last week called: Pandemic

As I am sure everyone is seeing on the news, China and Hong Kong are being hit with the worst flu pandemic, the coronavirus, in their collective modern histories.

If any available items are not shipped out soon, who knows how long until a full shut down could happen, and or be in place for.

Major airlines are already suspending travel to these countries.

My two cents worth:

Anything that Iris, or anyone else has available that is making custom clothing or whatever, even if it is not the full - complete order, (say she has only finished the shirts and the jackets), those should be shipped out immediately, just my opinion.

Sure everyone who is ordered is more than happy to pay for shipping twice (as opposed to not getting anything for another year).

Anyone who thinks I am overreacting, go to Netflix and watch the first episode of the new documentary series they put up last week called: Pandemic

No I'm totally with you on that .

Iris is in South Korea. So the situation isn't a hindrance (at least from my knowledge), I'm hoping she has started to ship out the sets and is sending emails to people as I got mine.

Iris is in South Korea. So the situation isn't a hindrance (at least from my knowledge), I'm hoping she has started to ship out the sets and is sending emails to people as I got mine.

Awesome, please post pics when your set arrives [emoji1303]

Looks like she is safe there, South Korea is not messing around ...

bf3aba99d69adba0b86b49243ba74ea9.jpg

Awesome, please post pics when your set arrives [emoji1303]

Looks like she is safe there, South Korea is not messing around ...

bf3aba99d69adba0b86b49243ba74ea9.jpg

Yeah I hear ya but my concern is more so to make sure everyone gets their set. Iris doesn't reply much so it's a wait to hear back from her on what's going on. She said she began to ship but only got one tracking number. I assume she is sending them individually but I asked if that's what she is doing or if that one is a box with everyone's set. Again waiting for her is frustrating.

I think it is a frustrating hobby as you do spend a lot of your time just waiting for things. And I'm not getting any younger!

Hot Toys will put up a new figure reveal and truthfully, even if I am excited when I initially see it, I'm generally thoroughly bored of it when it arrives... 1 to 2 years later!

At the moment I tend to be spending on older figures or already available stuff as it's way more fun when something you've just paid for turns up about a week later.

My Indy spend has died as not only the wait but the ever (often inexplicably) spiralling expense of it all. Until Hot Toys or a third party do a new standard priced Indy, I'm out of any more improvements. The last thing I paid for is the new Inigo head. I'll probably just make do with what I have now.

I think it is a frustrating hobby as you do spend a lot of your time just waiting for things. And I'm not getting any younger!

Hot Toys will put up a new figure reveal and truthfully, even if I am excited when I initially see it, I'm generally thoroughly bored of it when it arrives... 1 to 2 years later!

At the moment I tend to be spending on older figures or already available stuff as it's way more fun when something you've just paid for turns up about a week later.

My Indy spend has died as not only the wait but the ever (often inexplicably) spiralling expense of it all. Until Hot Toys or a third party do a new standard priced Indy, I'm out of any more improvements. The last thing I paid for is the new Inigo head. I'll probably just make do with what I have now.

Well said.

I am thinking in a similar way, I now have my four core Indys from each movie, and a Streets of Cairo version and a Map Room version from Raiders.

Inigo was supposed to do a Professor Henry Jones Jr. from Raiders with the glasses, if that happens, I would do that, because you could just pop it on to any of your current Indys. Unfortunately, I do not think we will ever get a proper full Professor Henry Jones Jr., as that outfit is so complex, and, if it was done by someone, most likely the scaling will be done wrong, etc. Hope that is something that Kato would consider, it is the only way we would ever get it ...

c3ada2195b57a40c55c0beda22747900.png
029157a443fc4d1e357e08a98d3f56da.jpg

Well said.

I am thinking in a similar way, I now have my four core Indys from each movie, and a Streets of Cairo version and a Map Room version from Raiders.

Inigo was supposed to do a Professor Henry Jones Jr. from Raiders with the glasses, if that happens, I would do that, because you could just pop it on to any of your current Indys. Unfortunately, I do not think we will ever get a proper full Professor Henry Jones Jr., as that outfit is so complex, and, if it was done by someone, most likely the scaling will be done wrong, etc. Hope that is something that Kato would consider, it is the only way we would ever get it ...

c3ada2195b57a40c55c0beda22747900.png
029157a443fc4d1e357e08a98d3f56da.jpg

Actually there is a run for yunsil to do the doctor jones outfit. And News is Sculptor. Buffy is officially making an Indy sculpt.

Back