1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a frustrating hobby as you do spend a lot of your time just waiting for things. And I'm not getting any younger!

Hot Toys will put up a new figure reveal and truthfully, even if I am excited when I initially see it, I'm generally thoroughly bored of it when it arrives... 1 to 2 years later!

At the moment I tend to be spending on older figures or already available stuff as it's way more fun when something you've just paid for turns up about a week later.

My Indy spend has died as not only the wait but the ever (often inexplicably) spiralling expense of it all. Until Hot Toys or a third party do a new standard priced Indy, I'm out of any more improvements. The last thing I paid for is the new Inigo head. I'll probably just make do with what I have now.

After dipping my toes in with a custom head and outfit for a couple different HT Star Wars figures, Indy became my first full custom -- Jnix head, mfisher gear, and now the Iris outfit. The boots, hands, and accessories are the only non-custom items. But it's not for all that many figures that I would do this. I'm happy there are enough other super Indy fans for some of these projects to gain momentum, and for the talented artists putting this work together.

I have three other full custom figures that I'm already in $$ for -- one of those I sort of regret getting involved in so hopefully I'll take it easy after the ones I have planned. It's easy to get sucked in, and they're ridiculously expensive, but these customs fill some huge gaps. As one of my favorite characters/films growing up I really can't imagine displaying the stock Indy or SS after the amazing figures we've seen.

But I'm also starting to understand folks looking for a way out. It's really easy to get excited about the new and upcoming figure and then get it and it just quickly fades into the collection for whatever reason. Three of the last four SW HT figures I purchased were just complete rehashes (R2, ROTJ Luke, ROTJ Stormtrooper).

I also have a couple recent high-priced HT figs that I'm frankly just a bit underwhelmed by. Easy to feel like you need something cause it's an important character but the figure has a couple too many flaws. Or the reverse, where it looks amazing but a character that's not all that important. Easy to get sucked into both of those scenarios.

Quick random question folks.......only related in so far that a lot of great custom work goes on here (and she most certainly owes a debt to Indy.....tenuous I know).

I'm just starting work on a Lara Croft custom (Rise of the Tomb Raider game version), and I'm making some of the leather accessories, holster, belts, quiver, straps etc. What I'm struggling to find, without harvesting existing belts, is 1/6 scale belt buckles.

Anyone have an idea where I might source some?
Otherwise I'll just have to buy other 1/6 belts and cut them off!

Cheers.

Anyone have direct info on the Iris custom Indy clothing sets ? She's calling for all final payment / shipping fees - but I have yet to see pics of the finished product ?? Anyone have a link or pics that I may have missed ?

Anyone have direct info on the Iris custom Indy clothing sets ? She's calling for all final payment / shipping fees - but I have yet to see pics of the finished product ?? Anyone have a link or pics that I may have missed ?

Luis here is running the project. Are you on the other site?

Big gallery here:
https://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/iris-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-closed.189927/page-61

And final proto here:
https://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/iris-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-closed.189927/page-63

For those of us who do not have an account with 1/6 warriors, could someone please post some photos here. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Only two photos came through, could you screenshot the other ones on your phone or computer, and put them up that way, that will work for sure. And thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've very hesitant to jump on a custom run now with all the long waits involved. The Iris one was a no-brainer though because I was in desperate need of a better Indy outfit, and this one appears to have turned out well. And for me the wait didn't seem too bad; it was only the lack of communication for a period that was an issue.

It was, and very well run, I'm a bit surprised by the last-minute anxiety occurring, though I guess it's cause we're so close. Like having to suddenly piss when you get off your exit.

I think the big runs on popular characters (like the ANH Leia dress, which was a loooong wait searching for the right material) bring in some folks that aren't as accustomed to the huge gaps in communication with a foreign entity and all the ensuing random delays.

But honestly this thing seems like it got put together far faster than Sideshow can tease and release a figure. What was Skiff Lando 18 months from preview to pre-order?

Yeah I've very hesitant to jump on a custom run now with all the long waits involved. The Iris one was a no-brainer though because I was in desperate need of a better Indy outfit, and this one appears to have turned out well. And for me the wait didn't seem too bad; it was only the lack of communication for a period that was an issue.
Trust me I poured my heart and soul into constantly sending notes and images of the outfit in order for it to come out right. Lol a lot of revisions went into it thanks to Iris as she just wanted it to be done. But kept it up so it would be more accurate to the film and she finally gave us something great. Outside of the communication part and wait for replies to emails. I'm glad I was able to make this run a success.

Back