1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Temple of Doom Indy is still my favourite figure that I own.....the Jnix head works really well with it. I haven't painted the damage onto his head as I tend to switch this out from time to time onto my Raiders Indy (currently sporting the slightly larger inigou v2).

Excellent paint-up and work on the shirt! Was that just water treatment or more?

Cheers mate. That's the ever useful "stiffen quik" spray on the shirt. Soaked the shirt with it, sculpt it how you want it then let it dry. Stiffens up a bit and holds its shape. When you change your mind, just scrunch the shirt a little and it goes back to normal. Really useful stuff!

Yeah, Temple of Doom Indy is still my favourite figure that I own.....the Jnix head works really well with it. I haven't painted the damage onto his head as I tend to switch this out from time to time onto my Raiders Indy (currently sporting the slightly larger inigou v2).

That’s a great looking Indy. I’d be thrilled to have that on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why can’t my TOD Indy look half as good as yours. Great work, really seems to capture that TOD feeling [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys.

Yours looks great sir!!

It's incredibly difficult to make one screen accurate without pretty much destroying his shirt, which is in a complete mess by the time he picks that machete up.......and I really don't want to destroy his shirt!

So exactly that really, going for the TOD "feeling" rather than scene specific Indy. His eyes look really dark because of the lighting, they are a lot lighter than they appear in the pictures.

I'll always attest that Raiders is the better film, but TOD is still my favourite to watch of the movies, love almost every aspect of it.....and Indy on the rope bridge is pretty much perfect Indy.

I went full-on FUBAR with my ToD Indy!
9BD9FE17-CC67-477B-94E4-A66A491CE6A8.jpg
439D970A-658B-41A5-BBCF-27E955304D47.jpg

Yup.....now there are a pair of full-on battered Indy's!

It's the progression of Indy having a really bad day, from mine to Pete's to blazio's! :)

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji1783][emoji16][emoji16]
Love my TOD Indy!

bd389517e339e4c0aeb23aebc08ddb6d.jpg

bb1b888186112a30795859cc6315b0d9.jpg

06ea990e5e3e4858224c76ee1df02164.jpg

f05c702fdb3e1fdaa8b21e715db1fc43.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190618-145639_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-145639_Instagram.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20190618-145454_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-145454_Instagram.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20190618-145918_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-145918_Instagram.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
yes indeed!! the best thread by a MILE!! i have never encountered the horrid negativity that pops up in other threads... very welcoming, very supportive... love it!!

Agreed, there are some fantastic customs in here. And I really love the way Zed has his Jnix Indy looking off to the side a bit. I had a hard time making the eyes on mine not look a bit cross-eyed due to the way he sculpted them, but that seems like a great way to get around that.

This is the best thread. :lol Great looking bunch of Indy figures here. :rock

yes indeed!! the best thread by a MILE!! i have never encountered the horrid negativity that pops up in other threads... very welcoming, very supportive... love it!!

I don’t even have an Indy and I like following this thread for the sheer amount of 1/6 positivity. I mean eventually I’ll have to get an Indy, the examples here are so great.

3636b59c-c3e1-4a2a-9323-1bcea1f5dcf5-original.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Both my Indy's are still a work in progress. Raiders Indy on the go, ordered a new belt/holster from Iris, shoes from ebay......

ToD Indy, I decided I didn't like seeing the joins on the arm or how dark the SS body was and that head just had to go so I've swapped the head to a MJ Choi head & the body is a Male Phicen seamless. Not sure if I'm sold on that body or not, I prefer not seeing seams but I also like the way I've seen others hide that arm behind his body. Anyway, for now, that's the way he is.

Great job on your Indys, hottoysaddict72.

I agree with you in regards to not having joints visible, if possible. That body you used is good, although the arm appears to be slightly thin. But I would prefer that to joints showing.

.... although the arm appears to be slightly thin. But I would prefer that to joints showing.

Thanks Bro. and yeah & sometimes I do wonder if the arm is too thin....particularly the forearm more so than the bicep, but Harrison wasn't a hugely muscular guy, I *think* it works, largely because I'd rather no seams but yeah, I get where you're coming from too

3636b59c-c3e1-4a2a-9323-1bcea1f5dcf5-original.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Both my Indy's are still a work in progress. Raiders Indy on the go, ordered a new belt/holster from Iris, shoes from ebay......

ToD Indy, I decided I didn't like seeing the joins on the arm or how dark the SS body was and that head just had to go so I've swapped the head to a MJ Choi head & the body is a Male Phicen seamless. Not sure if I'm sold on that body or not, I prefer not seeing seams but I also like the way I've seen others hide that arm behind his body. Anyway, for now, that's the way he is.

I think your Indies would benefit from a head swap.

I think the treasure hunter head is bigger and makes the arms look thinner.

The head swap would improve that IMHO.

I think that is looking very promising.....in fact, you have me tempted to try the same process. Great work Rogster!

What hat are you modifying there?

PS. Thanks davejames! And I completely agree, the jnix sculpt does indeed always look a little cross eyed.....thought it was just me. I get away with it on most angles, but when you look at him square on there is still a hint of it. That said, still my fave indy sculpt by a fair distance and I would love to get another unpainted hatted jnix sculpt to add to my other Indy who is currently headless!

Back