1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, I've never been a fan of Sovereign's jackets. I do respect nostalgia and whatnot, but I could never accept the texture.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of Sovereign's jackets. I do respect nostalgia and whatnot, but I could never accept the texture.
I feel the same way. His first version was alot better as posted, but the later versions don't look as good.

Ok, guys... Need some advice...

Stock DX05 - tick
Banner body - tick
Jnix hatted sculpt - on the way

Never done a body swap before and a little nervous about ruining the clothes or either of the bodies...
Is there a step-by-step anywhere to undressing a stock DX05 and then dressing the Banner body?
Do either bodies come apart at the waist?
Will the boots just fit straight onto the Banner pegs?

Any tips/do's/don't's much appreciated!!

:panic:

WP_20170823_13_34_22_Pro.jpg

Ok, guys... Need some advice...

Stock DX05 - tick
Banner body - tick
Jnix hatted sculpt - on the way

Never done a body swap before and a little nervous about ruining the clothes or either of the bodies...
Is there a step-by-step anywhere to undressing a stock DX05 and then dressing the Banner body?
Do either bodies come apart at the waist?
Will the boots just fit straight onto the Banner pegs?

Any tips/do's/don't's much appreciated!!

:panic:

View attachment 361368

Your worrying to much. The banner is basically the same body as the Dx05 except it has double jointed arms. Maybe the legs are a bit different but it's the same body. The pegs will fit the Dx05 boots. It's just a normal swap out of clothes there is no harm that can be done. So your okay.

Your worrying to much. The banner is basically the same body as the Dx05 except it has double jointed arms. Maybe the legs are a bit different but it's the same body. The pegs will fit the Dx05 boots. It's just a normal swap out of clothes there is no harm that can be done. So your okay.

I guess I was just wondering if there is anything specific to watch out for when removing the clothes?
Like anything that is particularly delicate and easily broken or rip-able?

And if it's the same body as a DX05, apart from the elbows, then why swap at all?
I thought it was down to narrower shoulders that make the jacket fit better???

I guess I was just wondering if there is anything specific to watch out for when removing the clothes?
Like anything that is particularly delicate and easily broken or rip-able?

And if it's the same body as a DX05, apart from the elbows, then why swap at all?
I thought it was down to narrower shoulders that make the jacket fit better???

Shoulder width looks about the same to me...

Just be careful when undoing the poppers on the DX05 shirt - they are easily ripped off!!

Yeah, don't worry so much man. Other than the faulty materials that Hot Toys has been known to use (especially on leather and leather-like goods), you'll be all set. Keep an eye on the satchel strap, the holster and belt material and possibly the jacket itself. Those shirt snaps break easily too as mentioned by Timemeddler. Sometimes Hot Toys materials don't age well, I'll say that.

Shoulder width looks about the same to me...

Just be careful when undoing the poppers on the DX05 shirt - they are easily ripped off!!

Yeah, don't worry so much man. Other than the faulty materials that Hot Toys has been known to use (especially on leather and leather-like goods), you'll be all set. Keep an eye on the satchel strap, the holster and belt material and possibly the jacket itself. Those shirt snaps break easily too as mentioned by Timemeddler. Sometimes Hot Toys materials don't age well, I'll say that.

Thanks, guys... I am a worrier!!
My DX05 has been sitting in his detolf for years now undisturbed...
Now with the Jnix sculpt coming, he's getting a makeover...
Just don't want to break something before it arrives!!
:whip

Agree that the leather effect items are the problem. Depending on how brittle his jacket has become you can get small cracks and tears in it.

As for the banner body, my only understanding on upgrading to it is just to get the extra bend in the elbows, other than that I think it's exactly the same parts and dimensions as the dx05 body and will look exactly the same in the dx05 clothing as the stock body.

The first one to go seems to be the satchel strap. I think out of all the ones I've owned, only one has yet to tear. Michael's sells real leather laces that are an exact match in color and size if you need to replace it. Did I mention they're REAL LEATHER as well? Highly recommended.

Yup those are good points on the hot toys outfit. The leather your talking about E, I might have to go and get some and make a new satchel strap as the stand in for my Satchel isn't the beat material it tends to dye the shirt.

Body swap went by without a hitch... Thanks, guys!! :hi5:

No problems with any of the outfit... All belts/straps/jacket still in good condition after quite a few years...
Those poppers on the shirt are indeed a *****, though!!

For any that need, comparison DX05 (top) and Banner (bottom) bodies below...
Pretty much the same except moulded muscle arms and nipples on DX05...
Reckon the DX05 body is a good swap for SS TOD Indy and his giraffe neck?

DX05.jpg

Banner.jpg

The TOD indy body is actually my favourite. It's not that the neck is too long, just that the TOD head doesn't sit low enough on it. If you put a custom head on the TOD body it sits perfectly.

I've been trying to get a spare TOD body to use for my custom for ages, just can't find one at a reasonable price.

The TOD body is just a little bigger overall than the dxo5, so if you are using the Treasure hunter/MJ Choi head I think it offsets the slightly oversized headsculpt well.

The TOD indy body is actually my favourite. It's not that the neck is too long, just that the TOD head doesn't sit low enough on it. If you put a custom head on the TOD body it sits perfectly.

I've been trying to get a spare TOD body to use for my custom for ages, just can't find one at a reasonable price.

The TOD body is just a little bigger overall than the dxo5, so if you are using the Treasure hunter/MJ Choi head I think it offsets the slightly oversized headsculpt well.

I was literally doing exactly that as you were writing it!!

TOD body also seems to have a flatter chest... Maybe better for the DX05 outfit?

SS TOD TH.jpg

Yeah, I think the proportions are better for a "hero" style indy, but appreciate that most here want their indy to have a less muscular build. I think the dx05 jacket (especially with the lining removed) and the shirt have a better fit on the TOD body. Also has a broader waist.

All just personal preference really, but if I can get a second TOD body, it's the way I'll be going.

I'm actually liking the TOD body quite a bit too. I had one of my Indy's on my only Banner Body but I took that banner body and put it on my Myers and I put my Indy back on the TOD body for a jacketless Cairo style Raiders Indy and I'm kinda liking the results! I'll be using the smiling face Inigo for it. I have another Banner body on the way but I'm not sure I'm going to want it now.

So funny for years we didn't have much to choose from for Indy and now it seems we have more options available to us than we need. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the proportions are better for a "hero" style indy, but appreciate that most here want their indy to have a less muscular build. I think the dx05 jacket (especially with the lining removed) and the shirt have a better fit on the TOD body. Also has a broader waist.

All just personal preference really, but if I can get a second TOD body, it's the way I'll be going.

I'm actually liking the TOD body quite a bit too. I had one of my Indy's on my only Banner Body but I took that banner body and put it on my Myers and I put my Indy back on the TOD body for a jacketless Cairo style Raiders Indy and I'm kinda liking the results! I'll be using the smiling face Inigo for it. I have another Banner body on the way but I'm not sure I'm going to want it now.

So funny for years we didn't have much to choose from for Indy and now it seems we have more options available to us than we need. Lol

Yeah, it's definitely great to have so much choice, but as this thread frequently proves, it's still so hard to find the perfect combination!!

I agree the TOD body is much better proportioned, but it still just doesn't match the quality of the HT bodies...
The skin tone on the TOD is also just too dark, and it's a real shame that great TOD head sculpt, because of the tiny size and awful hat and hairpiece, just doesn't look right on any of the bodies...

Even though it's too muscly, I was actually quite surprised how much I like the DX05 body with the moulded arms...
Now just got to hope when the Jnix comes it's a good match for the HT bodies...
Then I guess I'll try these recipes and see how they look:

ROTLA - Banner body/DX05 clothes & accessories/Jnix head
TOD - DX05 body/SS clothes & accessories/Treasure Hunter head

Yeah, it's definitely great to have so much choice, but as this thread frequently proves, it's still so hard to find the perfect combination!!

I agree the TOD body is much better proportioned, but it still just doesn't match the quality of the HT bodies...
The skin tone on the TOD is also just too dark, and it's a real shame that great TOD head sculpt, because of the tiny size and awful hat and hairpiece, just doesn't look right on any of the bodies...

Even though it's too muscly, I was actually quite surprised how much I like the DX05 body with the moulded arms...
Now just got to hope when the Jnix comes it's a good match for the HT bodies...
Then I guess I'll try these recipes and see how they look:

ROTLA - Banner body/DX05 clothes & accessories/Jnix head
TOD - DX05 body/SS clothes & accessories/Treasure Hunter head
I put my TOD Indy head on a DX 05 body for my TOD custom. I feel Ford was the most fit in that one. Seems to work fine imo.
e1c6f3c7fcc210412b295a040344ff0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back