1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my article and photoshoot for exclucollective.com. If you care to read it (and tell me about my factual inaccuracies) it's here: https://exclucollective.com/2017/08/18/friday-favorite-custom-indiana-jones/

This was the final shot for it ("The Doctor is In."), which took many, many, many attempts to get right. Somthings wrong with the torso on my Solo body and it's loose so a challenge to pose in this tight space.

The-Doctor-is-in-1400.jpg

That's a glorious shot. Good enough to be a poster.

I need to read the review...

EDIT: ... and did. Very nice. An interesting story about a bash. It will be fun to read 10 years from now assuming we're all still upgrading and upgrading Indy over time like we have for the last 10 years... He's never fun to finish.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing shot and great article too! That Inigou sculpt still seems just a tad too angular and perfect to my eye (and lacks the slight roundness that I think a Ford sculpt needs to have), but it's still one of the best we've gotten and I'm kinda bummed I missed out on it.

WOW! Great to see this figure again. Man, was it really 15 years ago? Fantastic that you've got that photo. I've saved it again because I lost it many years ago when my PC died and I hadn't backed up many of my photos. It really was well done for its time and still looks good today. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Chris

This is the best one I have and its actually from Chris King...

Again, keep in mind this was Sovereign's very first Indiana Jones figure AND the year was 2001 (2000) when he started... so the things like the oversized hat were state of the art at the time. But note the jacket...

View attachment 360537

Even this first jacket was a bit short. He lengthened it in his early follow-up offerings.

The bottom of the jacket should hang almost as low as the sleeves to be correct Raiders jacket.

I really like the Sovereign jacket, I guess mine is one the later ones, (I had no idea about the history of it) but I think it looks perfect. I know it's not real leather, but it looks like it is. It looks great at scale. I much prefer it to Yunsil or Kato, simply because it looks more accurate for the scale it is. On top of that it's got the folds and weathering it needs, which is my one bugaboo about the high-end tailor stuff. You're paying a premium but you still have to do a bunch of work to make it look good. With the Sovereign, you're paying $50 or so and it looks great right out of the box.

WOW! Great to see this figure again. Man, was it really 15 years ago? Fantastic that you've got that photo. I've saved it again because I lost it many years ago when my PC died and I hadn't backed up many of my photos. It really was well done for its time and still looks good today. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Chris

And thank you for the figure!!! I'm glad you know its gone to a good home that still appreciates it after so long.

And I'm happy you have been reunited with your original photo after so long. It must be freaky to see. I still remember the history you told me about how you and Shawn developed the figure over time in meticulous detail. You really pressed him to get it right. He needs that, and I think the figure became such a collectors icon at the time because of the care behind it. Although Shawn probably didn't appreciate it like he should at the time.

You did help shape a magnificent figure. I'm honored to have the first.

Body Indy Temple Sideshow
Headsculpt onesixthkit
Clothes DX05
Whip and belt Mfisher
62e41f2bded242b10d38c84f0d9adbc0.jpg

3b35ca033f308f060698a0872c0ce4bb.png

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

$250 + $20 shipping sovereign jacket on eBay right now......

Jesus christ.

Was it something I said? :lol

Truthfully, fair price for those is somewhere between $50 - $100 max. $70 is about right. $250 is insane.

ebayer 11mighty77 is a Freak here I'm pretty sure, he's a massive collector -- buy's everything -- and he always charges way too much.

Last edited:
Too bad, I wouldn't mind getting one but not for that price.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Back