1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I don't know if was just mine, but he had a very zombie look will his grey skin tone. And I didn't want the battle damage.

Don't know if this pic is any better but here's my repainted head.

8e3f5f4dd39d9de9468fef1fb299b2a7.jpg

Looks very nice! Can you post a size comp with the recast MJ?

Wow. I think this image really shows just how good that SSC TOD head is - but that guy on the right I sorta-kinda recognize.

I love the apps and it has so many HF hallmarks in there, yet all together it somehow really doesn't capture Indy to me (though there was one paint-up of the original MJ head that looked great; maybe Rahmier?)

I think that's the reason people keep saying the recast will work for TLC, because they are mistaking the odd combination of facial elements for an aged look, but close up he really doesn't look older. You can pick out Harrison facial elements, but overall it just looks a bit odd.

I'm severely bummed - I thought this one might be the head I needed. Will have to see once in-hand.

Yes, it's an odd head.

Excellent paintwork.

A bit oversized.

Ears looks huge and stick out.

Jaw and mouth are too heavy.

It looks better from a 3/4 angle, which helps conceal his Fred Gwynne.

I find that it's only with an LED shoved in his face that he appears ten years older.

In summary, the recast is an improvement over the HT, but it isn't the final answer.

I love that base!
Me too! I saw it for the Coomodels Werewolf and I had originally got it to customize it for the SSC Brown Suit Wolverine, but ended up using it for Indy. I like it alot. I bought another one, but now I'm thinking all need to get yet a third because I plan on using one for the SSC Jason coming next year too. It's a great base!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes, it's an odd head.

Excellent paintwork.

A bit oversized.

I find that it's only with an LED shoved in his face that he appears ten years older.

In summary, the recast is an improvement over the HT, but it isn't the final answer.

I totally agree. I was huge proponent of the original MJ, in fact I bought 2 and in all fairness I think something changed in the recast. Even though it's been shrunken it seems to have elongated or distorted somehow. The original and recast have noticeable differences. For me, I'm finding that with the lack of a true likeness, that TOD head represents the character of Indiana Jones the best. It too has its own issues, but to me it has the best Indy "feel" to date.

To me, the MJ recast is the one that gives me instant Ford. It's not perfect, but, the recognition factor is there. With the others it's more the iconic costume that tells you it's Indy. The ideal is the iconic look coupled with the iconic guy. Is the MJ recast hollow vinyl? If it is then you might be able to heat it up and squish it a little to combat the lantern jaw. Rapid cooling will then freeze him like that.

To me, the MJ recast is the one that gives me instant Ford. It's not perfect, but, the recognition factor is there. With the others it's more the iconic costume that tells you it's Indy. The ideal is the iconic look coupled with the iconic guy. Is the MJ recast hollow vinyl? If it is then you might be able to heat it up and squish it a little to combat the lantern jaw. Rapid cooling will then freeze him like that.

I totally get that, I just see a character of Ford when I look at it. Almost cartoonish. The head is solid except for the neck plug, just like a hot toys or sideshow head.

It's definitely a great head, and as everyone else has said, the paint work is outstanding.

Yes, it's an odd head.

Excellent paintwork.

A bit oversized.

Yeah, it does pop more HF in 3/4 angle.

75c27e80f94af0425f854058f7c71f68.jpg

Sorry about the cruddy phone camera. It's a pity the TOD is so small.

Yeah, it's about 10% undersized to me. What a bummer, especially given SSC was known for too-large heads (i.e. their whole previous Indy line) and then the pendulum swings in the other direction. It's really only an issue next to the older figs, but that's my whole Indy collection, so he has to stand apart a bit.

I totally agree. I was huge proponent of the original MJ, in fact I bought 2 and in all fairness I think something changed in the recast. Even though it's been shrunken it seems to have elongated or distorted somehow. The original and recast have noticeable differences. For me, I'm finding that with the lack of a true likeness, that TOD head represents the character of Indiana Jones the best. It too has its own issues, but to me it has the best Indy "feel" to date.

:exactly:

The SS TOD is still my favourite.

Ford is definitely in there, but...

I totally get that, I just see a character of Ford when I look at it. Almost cartoonish. The head is solid except for the neck plug, just like a hot toys or sideshow head.

...I also get the impression of exaggerated features...

indiana_jones_by_jaumecullell-d4ohl8b.jpg

27521049706_17ffa14a95_o.jpg

27456606582_29204b6edc_o.jpg

27555345275_ae893bae9b_o.jpg

26946929953_1878aca3d1_o.jpg

27483068631_32827b8953_o.jpg

26945935054_ac9a653a16_o.jpg

The recast varies from pic to pic, but more down to lighting than anything else, can anyone do a comparison pic of that and the original Trev sculpt? That really would help me to make my mind up. From what I've seen of the Inigo V2, which is apparently shipping at the weekend, the elongation has been addressed, but, I still didn't see as much Ford as I wanted to in the prototype.

The recast varies from pic to pic, but more down to lighting than anything else, can anyone do a comparison pic of that and the original Trev sculpt? That really would help me to make my mind up. From what I've seen of the Inigo V2, which is apparently shipping at the weekend, the elongation has been addressed, but, I still didn't see as much Ford as I wanted to in the prototype.

I don't like the V2 as much as the V1, which is a real pity. That new Han custom head could work as an Indy, but I guess that's a lot of work for the sculptor.

The recast MJ head is a bit like a few of the HT heads - the stellar apps and nice detailing elevates a sculpt that is really only middling in the likeness department. It reminds me a lot of the SSC German Indy, which also had the caricatured features and Fred Gywnne jaw but a not-bad likeness.

It's unfortunate that there really is not going to be a "definitive" Indy/Han sculpt that most agree nails HF. He really does have a likeness that's pretty much impossible to capture. It's ridiculous how many heads there have been, all landing somewhere in the 6 to 8.5 (maybe a 9 with stellar paint and perfect lighting) range.

I still probably like the SSC TOD best out of all, maybe equally with V1 Ingiou, but the SSC is a little puffy (and the size issue) and the V1 Ingiou in certain lighting does look a touch like a chisel-jawed part-Asian dude. With mods (sanding down the cheeks, someone on here did it,) the original SSC Indy can look very good but it's from a different era - oversized and sorely lacking in sculpt detail.

Back