1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Carson's resculpt of Sideshow's stormtrooper Han by Trevor Grove is still great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got the MJ Choi sculpt today.

It looked good when I took it out of the envelope. But not so good when I put it on the figure.

It still looks oversized, and there is something of the DX05 genetics in it that I initially saw in Kit's pre-order photos. It's too heavy in the jaw. Reminds me a bit of Fred Gwynne.

I much prefer the SS TOD, but I guess it's a step up from the DX05.

I put the DX05 fedora on it; and put the recast fedora on the SS TOD that's on the DX05 figure.

As detailed as this KO Choi head is, some of the characteristics and features seem to be over-emphasised, almost to the point of being a characture (Spitting Image, anyone?!) and it reminded me of something I'd seen before, and after a little Google searching I found it. This is a model of the human head where the size of each body part is determined by the quantity of nerves dedicated for each sense of the brain.
View attachment 269055

:lecture

Yes, this exactly.

Probably why I saw Fred 'Herman Munster' Gwynne in it.

The MJ recast sculpt takes a bit of getting used to, but it's growing on me. Seems to be very dependent upon angle. I've packed it with white tack to raise it up on the neck to alleviate the munchkin quality.

Paintwork is excellent.

If you shine an LED directly into the face it looks like an older Harrison. I think several people have commented that it makes for a good TLC sculpt.

After getting mine I was pleasantly surprised. The only other head I have is the DX05 so it's a huge improvement. I don't even mind the Fedora it came with. As others have said, the paint work is top notch.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Credit goes to the obvious gents that took the photos but thought I would put this together just for fun. I have the MJ recast, The DX and the SS TOD. I'm debating on if I want to pick up the Inigo V2. As well and put together a forth Indy...

I also showed all four sculpts to my wife who loves Harrison Ford and she preferred the MJ as well. She does not like the DX at all.

I also echo the ears on the MJ do stand out a slight bit, but I'm not too concerned with it. I might do the same as Kuat and put some tact in the sculpt so it sits a little higher as well.

No matter what you prefer it's a great time to be an Indy fan/collector!

d76c26bb7fd3db235797f8c2568141e7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think the ultimate Indy still alludes us, but here's as close as I can get with what I have.

44a7b676c272e6c2fcc8e5a5afb44dda.jpg

edc8f35b3b7b362a3f9c2e68a4691ef3.jpg

617d10227228b619da010e6a027e3811.jpg

Nice repaint on the TOD Indy head, xmkbee! I agree no version is 100% yet, but I just got the MJ recast in, and it vastly improves the poor DX05 head sculpt and the oversize Pharrell hat on the TOD SSC Indy. Very happy with my display now.

Attachments

• IMG_4314.JPG
    IMG_4314.JPG
    694.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_4315.JPG
    IMG_4315.JPG
    607.4 KB · Views: 158
Nice repaint on the TOD Indy head, xmkbee!

Thanks. I don't know if was just mine, but he had a very zombie look will his grey skin tone. And I didn't want the battle damage.

Don't know if this pic is any better but here's my repainted head.

8e3f5f4dd39d9de9468fef1fb299b2a7.jpg

Nice repaint on the TOD Indy head, xmkbee! I agree no version is 100% yet, but I just got the MJ recast in, and it vastly improves the poor DX05 head sculpt and the oversize Pharrell hat on the TOD SSC Indy. Very happy with my display now.
I like that use of the torch! Makes me want to pull out the ACI Aragorn to grab his.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

This display is fantastic!

What hat are you using on your TOD Indy?

Wow. I think this image really shows just how good that SSC TOD head is - but that guy on the right I sorta-kinda recognize. As always, the test of putting that recast head on a generic business suited body (and I guess some hair on top without fedora) and I'm not sure it'd jump out as Indy/HF.

I totally love the apps and it has so many great HF hallmarks sculpted in there, yet all together it somehow really doesn't capture Indy to me (though there was one paint-up of the original MJ head that looked great; maybe Rahmier?)

I think that's the reason people keep saying the MJ recast will work for TLC, because they are mistaking the odd combination of facial elements for an "aged" look, but close up the head's face really doesn't look older.

I'm severely bummed - I thought this one might be the head I needed. Will have to see once in-hand.:(

attachment.php

Back