1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh, I see,

My hatted and un-hatted sculpts are different sizes, I don't know if they were always like that or I've stripped my hatted head so many times that it's shrunk.
Ha ha, maybe. I've never had the hatted sculpt so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Really looking forward to the v2 it should be shipping soon I believe.

HELP!! :panic:

Many apologies as I'm sure this is an absolute rookie post...
My 1st custom project... And it's Indy, so it feels like I'm starting a long adventure...

I just received my recast... Pulled off my DX05 head... Different neck connectors... Damn!!
Not sure what I need... Neck joints on ebay all seem to include some sort of actual neck so I'm guessing I need some sort of barbell type neck peg, and if so, what size do I need??

Any advice greatly appreciated!! :pray:

L: DX05
R: RECAST

Attachments

• WP_20160610_11_30_09_Pro 2.jpg
    WP_20160610_11_30_09_Pro 2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 145
  • WP_20160610_11_29_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160610_11_29_37_Pro.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 143
HELP!! :panic:

Many apologies as I'm sure this is an absolute rookie post...
My 1st custom project... And it's Indy, so it feels like I'm starting a long adventure...

I just received my recast... Pulled off my DX05 head... Different neck connectors... Damn!!
Not sure what I need... Neck joints on ebay all seem to include some sort of actual neck so I'm guessing I need some sort of barbell type neck peg, and if so, what size do I need??

Any advice greatly appreciated!! :pray:

L: DX05
R: RECAST

For a quick fix:

The socket inside the DX05 body's neck was already removed on mine. That leaves a little ball joint inside the neck.

I cut down a pen top and placed it over the ball inside the neck of the body, and packed both ends with white tack, and placed the sculpt over that.

The head can be positioned and has so far worked fine.

For a quick fix:

The socket inside the DX05 body's neck was already removed on mine. That leaves a little ball joint inside the neck.

I cut down a pen top and placed it over the ball inside the neck of the body, and packed both ends with white tack, and placed the sculpt over that.

The head can be positioned and has so far worked fine.

See... I knew this was going to be an adventure...

Thanks, Kuat... I'll have a go... Time to pull out those modelling tools!!

:)

Meanwhile...

Recast fedora on SS TOD...

Maybe a touch too small, but solves that ridiculous bucket he had on his head before... Just!!

Attachments

• WP_20160610_14_07_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160610_14_07_15_Pro.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 158
  • WP_20160610_13_54_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160610_13_54_15_Pro.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 155
Looks about right for that head. Did you get the DX05 MIB? If you did then I'm surprised it didn't have the neck peg in it. What is holding the DX05 head on in that pic?

Looks about right for that head. Did you get the DX05 MIB? If you did then I'm surprised it didn't have the neck peg in it. What is holding the DX05 head on in that pic?

Yup... My DX was MIB... What you're seeing there is the DX unaltered with original head...

I haven't swapped out the recast yet as the DX head has a solid built-in peg in the head with an empty neck adapter on the body...

It's the recast that has no peg so as soon as I get one, I can swap them out...

Recast only arrived this morning and I had one of those :yess: moments, followed by an immediate :slap when I took off the DX head...

Typical...

Oh knickers! Of course, it's a PERS head, sorry, I'd forgotten about that technicality! Yep, off to eBay it is then.

If you want to do a quickie to see how the head fits, I think the SSC TOD has the right peg in it.

Last edited:
27503437981_d2c29dc7e2_o.jpg

MJ Choi recast fedora on left Indy; MJ Choi recast sculpt under DX05 fedora on right Indy (head attached with pen top and white tack!)

Oh knickers! Of course, it's a PERS head, sorry, I'd forgotten about that technicality! Yep, off to eBay it is then.

If you want to do a quickie to see how the head fits, I think the SSC TOD has the right peg in it.

Ah, I see... That's why it's built in... It's the bloody PERS... I hate PERS... Such a pain in the ass...:monkey4

Thanks for the tip, Rog!! :duff

MJ Choi recast fedora on left Indy; MJ Choi recast sculpt under DX05 fedora on right Indy (head attached with pen top and white tack!)

You reminded me of what I did with felt tip pen parts when I needed a neck extension for my old Indy. At the time, I was using a Soldier Story body and it had a neck peg with a cone on the end. I used this bit of the pen:

I cut the ribbed bit off the end and glued it over the cone, that gave me the height I needed, though I can see how the bit you suggested would work.

27503437981_d2c29dc7e2_o.jpg

They look great, man... I'm diggin' left Indy most...

Right Indy looks a bit like he's been eating peanuts and his face has swelled up... It's just the angle, I'm sure... The recast has issues but is essentially a winner...

Is middle Indy's base an SS scout trooper base? Looks great...

Ah, I see... That's why it's built in... It's the bloody PERS... I hate PERS... Such a pain in the ass...:monkey4

Thanks for the tip, Rog!! :duff

Yeah, I didn't like it either. They used a standard size unit for it and had to compromise every sculpt so they could fit it in, that's why hardly any of the DX heads looked right.

Back