1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19de4bd665ce590f470cbbc99b0fa3f5.jpg
WIP

I bet, and it looks amazing.

Tracking shows mine will be here soon. Been trying to get the color of this thing right for Raiders while doing the Bill sheath's today.

004_1_zpsxhfkblmf.jpg

003_1_zpshw1xsk5j.jpg

007_1_zpshvyfesmo.jpg
Looks great. What are you using on it for the color change? Shoe polish, tea, etc?

Looks great. What are you using on it for the color change? Shoe polish, tea, etc?

So originally i dyed it too light and also the belt too light, but i applied finish already.

So.......................... and i also did this with my Kato jacket.

Just stripped the finish off. It takes the top coat off, and then simply dyed it darker. Re applied the finish, and that's it.

Here you go greatlakes6.

This is another Kato jacket i have. I stripped the finish off and then soaked in a sink of water and washing liquid. Then rinsed with water.

Dried over night. I just put some wax on a section of the back so you can see what happens. Once i put the wax on i allow it to absorb for an hour or two, to replace the moisture that was taken out during stripping and washing.

The second pic is after i buffed off the wax.

001_1_zps60ymfhqh.jpg

002_1_zpsupjwbpde.jpg

Here you go greatlakes6.

This is another Kato jacket i have. I stripped the finish off and then soaked in a sink of water and washing liquid. Then rinsed with water.

Dried over night. I just put some wax on a section of the back so you can see what happens. Once i put the wax on i allow it to absorb for an hour or two, to replace the moisture that was taken out during stripping and washing.

The second pic is after i buffed off the wax.

001_1_zps60ymfhqh.jpg

002_1_zpsupjwbpde.jpg

Great idea with the wax. Did you change the coloring of the holster or is that the original leather color?

Great idea with the wax. Did you change the coloring of the holster or is that the original leather color?

I buy all my leather in natural, and dye it myself, so originally it was just natural leather. After i originally dyed it, i thought it was too light, so took the finish off and dyed it some more, then re finished it.

I buy all my leather in natural, and dye it myself, so originally it was just natural leather. After i originally dyed it, i thought it was too light, so took the finish off and dyed it some more, then re finished it.

What color dye did you use?

Back