1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sneaky-snoopy.gif

Well, it happened. I went from being a massive fan of the magnetic stand with zero problems to ... well right now, less of one.

Went into my studio this morning to find this on the hard wood floor after taking an almost 6 foot tumble. Big chunk of paint off his nose, and a broken ankle joint on his leg.

The paint I can fix, was planning on giving him a touch up when I was less busy anyway, but the ankle joint, I wouldn't even know where to start with replacing/fixing that 😭

The figure had always been SO stable and solid, it was just a matter of getting a good strong stance, and sliding the feet around until you felt the magnets *grab* them.

I've no idea what happened, whether it was the middle of the night or some time during the day and I just didn't hear the crash. The UK is very hot at the moment (comparatively) and maybe it softened the joint? I've no idea.

All I know is I'm a bit bummed at the moment and will now need to try and fix or replace that ankle joint.

(I still love the magnetic stands though, I just need to maybe figure out a way to display them without having them at the front of an open shelf with no support or anything to stop them flying if the worst happens)

Any ideas on that ankle holder for the ball joint?
IMG_20230910_105407.jpg
IMG_20230910_105442.jpg
IMG_20230910_105651.jpg

That's nuts really sorry to see this, they really need to refine that dam magnetic function. Until then I won't use the stand. For Gandalf I'm planning on putting one of these under the actual base to help stability

Molecule8 Lennon is the best magnet example I've seen as of yet. That thing wouldn't come off unless great force was used, don't get why they can't add that extra strength.

Screenshot_20230910-134327.png

Well, it happened. I went from being a massive fan of the magnetic stand with zero problems to ... well right now, less of one.

Went into my studio this morning to find this on the hard wood floor after taking an almost 6 foot tumble. Big chunk of paint off his nose, and a broken ankle joint on his leg.

The paint I can fix, was planning on giving him a touch up when I was less busy anyway, but the ankle joint, I wouldn't even know where to start with replacing/fixing that 😭

The figure had always been SO stable and solid, it was just a matter of getting a good strong stance, and sliding the feet around until you felt the magnets *grab* them.

I've no idea what happened, whether it was the middle of the night or some time during the day and I just didn't hear the crash. The UK is very hot at the moment (comparatively) and maybe it softened the joint? I've no idea.

All I know is I'm a bit bummed at the moment and will now need to try and fix or replace that ankle joint.

(I still love the magnetic stands though, I just need to maybe figure out a way to display them without having them at the front of an open shelf with no support or anything to stop them flying if the worst happens)

Any ideas on that ankle holder for the ball joint?View attachment 661511View attachment 661512View attachment 661513
I'm sure @Rzeznikk will tell you this was your fault for not knowing how to futz 😛

But really this stand is a big fail and even if you felt it was safe do you really want to take that risk with a figure that cost you $1200?

I had two mini earthquakes in my area. I know many people do. They need to give people another option and stop being so stubborn about it and saying its the collectors fault. No its just a ****** base

I hate crotch grabbers and would much rather have a simple flexible stand that goes up behind a figure, and magnetically sticks to the back or something.

I've no idea how I'll fix that broken ankle joint though without replacing the whole body. I'll need to take it apart I guess and see what can be done

Really sorry to hear that, Darren! I went ahead recently and just switched to a regular stand. Even though mine would likely just fall forward or back within a detolf shelf it doesn't seem worth the risk of some damage.

Any ideas on that ankle holder for the ball joint?View attachment 661511View attachment 661512

View attachment 661513
It's ridiculous that collectors have to deal with this at all. The first question that arises at the thought of a magnetic base is, "Will it hold?". And for a figure of its' kind, you'd think that Inart would have made sure that it did before they gave it a stamp to go.

Isn't this covered by a warranty supposedly?

Any ideas on that ankle holder for the ball joint?View attachment 661511View attachment 661512View attachment 661513
"Why so seriouSSSSS!" *THUNK*

I’m sorry this happened Darren, but also having that must trust on the magnet on an expensive dollar figure is crazy I would never leave mine out near an edge because things like this could happen. Sure it was stable before but with the amount of complains this issue has it’s definitely not perfect.

Maybe on eBay people are selling inart joker parts best of luck. 🙏

Back