1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not making a single rooted pack is an abject failure. It has been from the day the options were announced and continues to be. I don’t agree with any excuse about them wanting to make the rooted extremely limited, with Robert Pattinson’s Batman they managed to make like 5 different options for collectors. The single rooted would have been a huge seller for them AND showcased the realism the way they wanted to. Of course they could laughing to the bank because they got people to buy a two pack rooted instead, but I think they missed an opportunity to put their best version of the figure in as many people’s hands as possible.
I ended up ordering the single sculpted version of Joker, but would have 100% purchased the rooted in a single pack. I've ordered the Aragorn, Gandalf, and The Batman all with rooted. It's not so much the price as I've paid $400-$500 each for those three. It's more that I don't have the need for pretty much two of the same figure at the price point.

I think we got all the options for The Batman because of the feedback they received about the Joker options. I'm sure if they could do it again they would have changed that up for the Joker.

I ended up ordering the single sculpted version of Joker, but would have 100% purchased the rooted in a single pack. I've ordered the Aragorn, Gandalf, and The Batman all with rooted. It's not so much the price as I've paid $400-$500 each for those three. It's more that I don't have the need for pretty much two of the same figure at the price point.

I think we got all the options for The Batman because of the feedback they received about the Joker options. I'm sure if they could do it again they would have changed that up for the Joker.
Same, I would've preferred a single rooted figure, but it is what it is. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with the quality of the jail diorama, I just don't think I need it, nor the second figure especially when I'm probably only going to have 1 Bale Batman whenever InArt get to him. I don't have a strict 1 figure per character rule, but there are just some characters I don't feel like I need two of, especially when I can just remove the 2 coats and instantly have the jail version basically.

And true-it probably was a bit of the feedback from TDK Joker as to why Batman got so many different releases. I also think InArt probably needed some "kickstarter" type money on the first release and what better character and version of Joker to get ppl to drop mad money on than Ledger's TDK Joker.

Same, I would've preferred a single rooted figure, but it is what it is. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with the quality of the jail diorama, I just don't think I need it, nor the second figure especially when I'm probably only going to have 1 Bale Batman whenever InArt get to him. I don't have a strict 1 figure per character rule, but there are just some characters I don't feel like I need two of, especially when I can just remove the 2 coats and instantly have the jail version basically.

And true-it probably was a bit of the feedback from TDK Joker as to why Batman got so many different releases. I also think InArt probably needed some "kickstarter" type money on the first release and what better character and version of Joker to get ppl to drop mad money on than Ledger's TDK Joker.
Yeah they already said they heard the feedback from Joker regarding the rooted packs and adjusted accordingly for the other releases. It’s exactly why you haven’t seen a strictly 2 rooted only pack since Joker. This is their first figure into the market. Wasn’t a perfect announcement nor a perfect release. Can only hope that they take in the feedback with each release and improve going forward.

It’s only been a year since the company was announced + Joker was put up for preorder. There’s a lot of room for them to grow.

Yeah even if the jail figure was perfectly executed I still wouldn't have much interest in the diorama as it doesn't feel like that iconic a setting from the movie, that's worth taking up the space that it does. And I would have much rather had the chair and table from the interrogation room that HT offered.

When I look at this next to heises repaint the smears on the head that are not aligned with the wrinkles start to annoy me a little
Screenshot_2023-03-19-13-26-54-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

When I look at this next to heises repaint the smears on the head that are not aligned with the wrinkles start to annoy me a little
I'm starting to think you won't be happy with this figure at all :LOL: Are you sure you even still want it? Almost every picture you post has you not being happy/worried/annoyed with the stock figure

Locking the rooted figure behind the deluxe two figure price tag was totally Viper just being a bit high on sniffing his own farts at that point in time. A rebellious bad boy of the 1/6 world handed his own skilled team, some legit licenses and a brief to surpass Hot Toy's quality, ushering in a new standard for premium collectibles.
I feel IA had a mentallity of 'if you want the best, you need to be able to pay for the best!' but once they realised that they were losing sales by deterring the majority of collectors who rightly won't slap a grand down on a cool new toy, they switched up the approach.

InArt's The Batman shows exactly how to go about releasing these sorts of figures. You can have a complete pick and mix or sculpted, rooted, diorama or not- All In with a little bonus. I think they corrected themselves very well in that instance so, hopefully, they'll be equally as efficient at responing to the other criticisms Joker has received.

When I look at this next to heises repaint the smears on the head that are not aligned with the wrinkles start to annoy me a littleView attachment 629073
Looks fine for a mass production paint job. Yes, the right is better, but if I were buying IA Joker and didn't have the funds/expertise to repaint, I'd be more than happy with the left.

I'm starting to think you won't be happy with this figure at all :LOL: Are you sure you even still want it? Almost every picture you post has you not being happy/worried/annoyed with the stock figure
All the worrying and nitpicking aside Im still super excited for this maybe more then any figure before other then the delorean 😂

BUT I can say that now if I look back I might be happier with the standard for the price. The sculpted hair came out better then the prototype and it is all around a much better offer

I am also even more excited for the Inart battinson. I cannot wait for that!

All the worrying and nitpicking aside Im still super excited for this maybe more then any figure before other then the delorean 😂

BUT I can say that now if I look back I might be happier with the standard for the price. The sculpted hair came out better then the prototype and it is all around a much better offer

I am also even more excited for the Inart battinson. I cannot wait for that!
Cool, glad you’re still looking forward to it! I was just curious :duff:

For awhile, while waiting, I thought I would be just fine with the sculpted, but having the rooted in hand, I’m definitely glad I went that route even though the price was stupid to get it. Originally, I really wanted to have both rooted and sculpted head sets but I don’t think so now that I have the rooted in hand. Of course, everyone’s mileage varies.

Last edited:
@Kit Chen Joker arrived, quick question: did your team take off the corner protectors and apply all the clear packing tape? The top looks sealed but there's definitely an open seam on the bottom.

IMG_0491.png

I went through the last 50 pages because I thought someone had a similar experience. But only @Texas Finest's post showed the box without the corners taped up. (The screenshot of TW had a couple of the corners dangling.)

I'm in the US, there'd be stickers if customs or anyone official got into it, right?

It's too late to do a proper opening tonight, but I'm guessing it's all good inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.png
    IMG_0493.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0494.png
    IMG_0494.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
@Kit Chen Joker arrived, quick question: did your team take off the corner protectors and apply all the clear packing tape? The top looks sealed but there's definitely an open seam on the bottom.

View attachment 629174

I went through the last 50 pages because I thought someone had a similar experience. But only @Texas Finest's post showed the box without the corners taped up. (The screenshot of TW had a couple of the corners dangling.)

I'm in the US, there'd be stickers if customs or anyone official got into it, right?

It's too late to do a proper opening tonight, but I'm guessing it's all good inside.
Looks like your package got hit by customs and they opened it themselves. Then they repackaged it with clear tape.

View attachment 629174

Yep, it looks like customs went through it. They tore through my Cull Obsidian last year like that.

Actually for all the 2 packs we ship through a 3rd party company who can get me higher discount with DHL/UPS, I remote the shipping procedure, so it's not my team who removed those corners

There were a few units that DHL measures 1 extra KG due to those corner protectors. I ask them to measure the size again, they end up open the box to check without asking me

They asked if it's ok to not putting those corners back on the box. I gave greenlight becasue those corners actually protecting the giant polyfoam inside but not the artbox

You know what, that extra 1kg volume weight actually costing $20 extra, so I had a few arguement with the courier while some measures 22kg but some are 23kg

According to my memory there should be a few units that corners maybe removed by DHL, it could be the custom too if they need to open the box

Back