1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to worry about what they're going to make until after they deliver the joker I've already put money down on. If there are issues with that, then it really doesn't matter to me what their future plans look like. OTOH, if the delivery meets expectations, then I'll be interested to see what may be coming down the pike.

I understand the need for them to ride the hype and generate interest, but I hope they don't lose sight of how important this delivery is.

Mobile games are extremely huge in Asia so that's probably why they did that poll. It's also really not surprising that MCU/DC/StarWars stuff is popular on the polls. I mean that's essentially why Hot Toys shifted their entire focus with those two IPs alone.

What do you think the average joe is gonna pick:
1. MCU/DC/Star Wars
2. Terminator/Predator/Aliens/Robocop/Beetlejuice/Old Cult Classics

Those of us that want the later are in the minority for the most part. Some of the cult classics still win through like Terminator but generally people will go for your typical superhero cliché in this day and age.

There's also the part where they need to make money. :lol I don't see them putting so much effort into a Beetlejuice figure that 10 people will buy when they can instead make another Batman that will sell thousands.

It sucks but it's unfornately the way it is. They're a business before anything else. I would hope that they get through all the typical big characters/licenses for their first few years, start making big profits and then they can start doing smaller risky stuff.

Exactly this. I mean Beetlejuice? Really? What...? Test of time really did a number on that.... Terminator sure but Beetlejuice?

I think beetlejuice would sell well tbf, I gave up waiting and started on a 1:4 version.

I do think it would be a hit but maybe not as much as batman, I'm saying that how many Batman's have we seen?

The hobby has become so stale that recast and 3rd party companies are the one's keeping this hobby alive due to lack luster licenses.

Anyone else a bit nervous about the type of feedback InArt/Queen has been getting in their figure request polls? All the winners are usually MCU or Star Wars. It would be so boring to see them fall into that pit, just like Hot Toys. What a waste.

I just have a gut feeling that, apart from Ledger Joker, I won’t care about a lot of their releases - unless they do end up delving into licenses like Terminator, and cult classic stuff like Beetlejuice. Classic movies that have stood the test of time and haven’t had good figures. I mean, mobile games? Really? That’s what you’re going to gauge interest in your high-end groundbreaking 1/6 scale figure line for?

I know, “different strokes for different folks”, but come on. :lol

The impetus is on collectors to buy their non-Batman figures. They've got at least five coming. If they all sell dramatically lower than Joker (which in all likelihood they will), then yeah, we're probably just going to be in Blockbuster City again.

The vast majority of people in that FB group voting don't understand licensing. You can't expect people to be that informed on the industry in the general audience; have you ever looked at how naive/uninformed the Sideshow Facebook group members are? I can't speak for the collecting audience in China, but I don't think the US buying audience is remotely as well versed in how all this works. Queen would be well served to find licenses they can secure and then propose some of those to vote, because as it stands they are just going to cause a lot of disappointment and poor customer relations/expectations. I bet you there are a LOT of folks who think that if a given license is in the top 10 on their FB, it's going to be made.

The way a lot of those are licenses are tied up, Queen either can't or will have limited regional access to what's being requested. The fact Arkham is winning the VG section is dumb, and even I would happily take more Arkham stuff. As is, these folks have an opportunity to tap licenses we haven't had before, or haven't in ages.

I expect, wholly, that QA is going to heavily lean into the WB roster solely because it's something that they can get a lot of licenses with which HT may have their fingers on. If all goes well, then they can start reaching out. That, unfortunately, will likely have a lot of overlap with HT for a time.

And while I know we've already dethroned HT, cast our dollies to the curb, and are hailing QA as the second coming of 1/6 (all without a shred of evidence they can do 1/6 at at least 70% of what they're promising in production), it's not wise for them to go toe to toe with currently available/announced HT products yet. HT has brand recognition, and whether folks like to hear it or not, a generally outstanding product. That's hard evidence when I'm laying down money on a yet to be seen product. Until there's product evidence that QA can best HT in production, you're paying $1k on an idea and a thought; for now QA, as InArt, might as well be a well funded unlicensed brand.

Last edited:
I would love to see queen do art museum nicholson but with a second regular sculpt as well for the standard look and plenty of accessories and ruined paintings
Jack Nicholson Joker Painting | Art Amino

I find it hilarious that vocal collectors say how boring the licenses are and that the same characters get done... and then ask for the same characters that always used to get done. :')

Maybe I missed this in the topic, but is the premium Joker with rooted hair going to have a silicone face or plastic?

My wife doesn’t even know I bought the premium edition of the joker yet, wait till she finds out this is going to be on the way too when it’s up for pre order 😅😂

Attachments

• D19ACD67-8983-44CC-9212-DDDACB8482D0.png
    D19ACD67-8983-44CC-9212-DDDACB8482D0.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 46
  • F0B84F7F-F9AA-4B0E-A14C-61132C784367.png
    F0B84F7F-F9AA-4B0E-A14C-61132C784367.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 5683466F-CC93-492D-A1B3-F0FF654308B4.png
    5683466F-CC93-492D-A1B3-F0FF654308B4.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 46
I think beetlejuice would sell well tbf, I gave up waiting and started on a 1:4 version.

I do think it would be a hit but maybe not as much as batman, I'm saying that how many Batman's have we seen?

The hobby has become so stale that recast and 3rd party companies are the one's keeping this hobby alive due to lack luster licenses.

I'd love a Beetlejuice figure.

Ordered the standard version. Rooted hair looks more realistic, but didn't want to spend for 2 figures as I just started collecting this year. I have the Hot Toys DX19 Batman coming so this will be a good companion.

Back