1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why you'd go for a seamless forearm/hand for more realism and then opt to have a rolling eye system at the behest of good looking hair. Where the hair slots in and out is so obvious. I'd not really looked at the sculpted pictures before but it's actually rather hidious, completely takes the realism out of the rest of the figure, not to mention green udon noodle hair.

Never owned any Hot Toys Jokers apart from 1/4, but yeah the hair was not great on that at all, but it did have better hair stranding in terms of their size.

I don't understand why you'd go for a seamless forearm/hand for more realism and then opt to have a rolling eye system at the behest of good looking hair. Where the hair slots in and out is so obvious. I'd not really looked at the sculpted pictures before but it's actually rather hidious, completely takes the realism out of the rest of the figure, not to mention green udon noodle hair.

Never owned any Hot Toys Jokers apart from 1/4, but yeah the hair was not great on that at all, but it did have better hair stranding in terms of their size.

As much as we crap on Hot toys for quality 'slipping', the last two figures they have announced have some of the best headsculpts I have ever seen. Classic Loki and Gilgamesh. Unfortunately and coincidentally the best headsculpts seem to never be for the most popular characters though.

Nothing wrong with giving Hot Toys a good kick in the pants. They need it. They've been on cruise control for near a decade with no real competition and a reliance on 'reuse' and 'repeats' rather than innovation.

I still love Hot Toys. I want them to be who they were.

And there's plenty of room in this hobby for a high-end line of 1/6th figures from another company.

As much as we crap on Hot toys for quality 'slipping', the last two figures they have announced have some of the best headsculpts I have ever seen. Classic Loki and Gilgamesh. Unfortunately and coincidentally the best headsculpts seem to never be for the most popular characters though.
This seems true of every line of figures. Hasbro has never made a half decent Luke for example, no one with the LOTR license has gotten Aragorn right at any scale.

Idk what it is but it definitely feels like what ever figure we want most ends up being the one no one can get right.

This seems true of every line of figures. Hasbro has never made a half decent Luke for example, no one with the LOTR license has gotten Aragorn right at any scale.
Oh c’mon this is pretty close lol
54C20953-027B-4672-BA8B-27A519DBA20C.jpeg

Closing in on 500 releases, there are maybe over 20 figures I’d consider outstanding.

20+, out of almost 500 figures.

I’ll always give them crap unless they do a couple of things.

Innovate. CONSISTENT 10 out of 10 portraits. Stop license squatting and release figures they promised and teased. Stop recycling parts. I’m paying close to $300 for a standard figure, I don’t want the same 5 out of 10 HS for the 5th time.

There’s no denying their recent headsculpts have been a noticeable step up (except Battinson Bruce Wayne)...but I believe it’s a reaction to QS coming on the scene.

Gilgamesh.

From the eternals?

Closing in on 500 releases, there are maybe over 20 figures I’d consider outstanding.

Innovate. CONSISTENT 10 out of 10 portraits. Stop license squatting and release figures they promised and teased. Stop recycling parts. I’m paying close to $300 for a standard figure, I don’t want the same 5 out of 10 HS for the 5th time.

There’s no denying their recent headsculpts have been a noticeable step up (except Battinson Bruce Wayne)...but I believe it’s a reaction to QS coming on the scene.

Yeah. Their constant reuse of molds for supposedly upgraded figures always annoyed me. They always used the same Joker hands in every release with maybe an extra one thrown in. And out of all those releases they never included fists. Like, WTH. :lol They've done this loads of times with Iron Man and Tony Stark heads. And some of these are pretty shameless like the re-release of that TDKR Catwoman ( seriously?) and the Begins Batman - that STILL has that long ass neck! Come on, Hot Toys.

20 out of 500...man that's being ridiculously harsh!

I know they got extremely lazy of late and put out some absolute trash, Batman Begins, Peacemaker for example, but for over ten years they've set the standard for others to follow.

Queen Studios have come along at the perfect time for us. HT have to up their game or lose their spot as top dogs.

If your main interests are SW and/or the MCU, particularly if you're a completionist , then I guess HT really is the s*** for you. I can understand that. I love SW but I got the figures I wanted and cut it off. I like, even love, a lot of those Marvel films but I have no interest collecting any of the figures. As time has gone by my tastes and wants for figures have become slightly more niche. And HT ain't that. They may still be at the top of the 1/6 food chain ( for now) but they're largely boring to me. And while it's nothing I want, and it is still Batman, I was happy to see them make the Schumaker Batman & Robin. That isn't something you see a lot of and it'll make a lot of people that never see merch for that stuff happy. I wish we saw more of that.

Opinions are facts now? Wow, is this an authoritarian government?
LOL ... well technically this forum is not a democracy. Hence the cartoon Sith Beagle and his stormtrooper (moderator) patrols enforcing the COC for ... well ... shadowy and mysterious masters. :unsure:

All of us willingly placed ourselves under their jurisdiction when we signed up. 😬

Back