1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was an unlicensed mass produced run from years ago, I've hopes Queen will do better than this, but the rooted hair is still a point of concern, their statues so far have been limited and take a while to get made, getting pushed back a lot, they plan to release these 1/6 scale figures with TWO rooted sculpts in under 8 months, of course we don't know what the number of orders will be for the Deluxe yet but I really doubt they won't delay those versions, I just don't see how they can mantain consistency across what will likely be hundreds of sculpts in such a short window of time, they cannot drop the ball on this one so it's better to have hope.

Yep same concern. The 1/4 artist edition was limited to 300 and took a year. I don't see how they can produce more than that and only take 8 months while achieving similar quality for lower price (artist edition was $900 more than the standard, this is only $400 more).

This leads me to believe Viper definitely will not be doing it himself.

I want Queen to make a rooted hair Crow.

5Bt6WQx.gif

I'd pay... Top Dollar ;) for it. :D

8ygdUvs.gif

Also, Beetlejuice.

TYPieFU.jpg

Well we're all assuming these will be outsourced to Viper who will root every sculpt himself, or have a trained team doing it in order to achieve the expectations of the prototype, if it's mass produced like the Asmus Gandalf it won't look nearly as good as the proto, Viper already produced an unlicensed Joker years ago as Over Toys which was limited to 999 copies I think and the result wasn't nearly as good as his limited custom runs or the proto pics of it.
View attachment 567843
View attachment 567842
A lot is riding on Queen delivering a Joker that matches the quality of those pictures and it's been a good few years since this unlicensed run for them to have the necessary funds to make it happen, the problem is they may be low balling the number of orders they get for the Deluxe versions and may end up having to cut some orders, for every purchase that's two sculpts that need to be rooted so definitely not an easy task for the people that will be doing the rooting.
Imagine we spend $1000 and end up with a hack job

It's Sunday. Are you still getting the hair transplant?

Yes. Absolutely.

What sucks is, I have a dinner tonight I forgot about so I likely won't be home until 11pm -- about 4 hours after this all starts. Needless to say, I'll be sweating it out missing all the fun.

And hopefully it won't sell through.

Imagine we spend $1000 and end up with a hack job

side-eye-annoyed.gif

Man I am worried. Im looking at polls on fb and stuff and I think guaranteed there will be 300+ rooted orders placed on the first day and thats not included queens freak cult followers lol. Im worried on 2 fronts. Quality and wait time. I really want this as pictures by the start of next year.

Edit my bad. I didn't account for the +8 for gmt. Damn international time is confusing.

Man I am worried. Im looking at polls on fb and stuff and I think guaranteed there will be 300+ rooted orders placed on the first day and thats not included queens freak cult followers lol. Im worried on 2 fronts. Quality and wait time.

Time will take care of the quality. As long as they don't rush it to make some kind of deadline, it should be fine. The sculpted hair figure should come out first, which will give us an idea of what to expect as far as the paint applications, sculpt, and tailoring. I don't mind waiting extra for the rooted hair version.

Having said that, if the sculpted hair figure does come out first, and the paint and tailoring aren't great, I might cancel my PO for the rooted hair.

Man I am worried. Im looking at polls on fb and stuff and I think guaranteed there will be 300+ rooted orders placed on the first day and thats not included queens freak cult followers lol. Im worried on 2 fronts. Quality and wait time.
If they want the rooted figures to live up to the proto and their promises they will absolutely delay them, there's just no way they can recreate hundreds of perfect copies of that proto in 8 months or less depending on how the Covid situation progresses in China.

Back