1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fine with paying a high price if the end output justifies the cost. That's all that matters for me. Don't pull a Sideshow/Asmus/StarAce is all I ask.

Price = Quality

I have DX11 Ex and recently sold my regular DX11 (thankfully before this announcement) however whats got me wanting this is if the run is very limited. I hope IA doesn’t do reissues. If the price is a one and done I’ll order and maybe order two. Bring it.

$500+ for the rooted hair maybe. I hope the sculpted version isn't quite as much as that but for a one off figure like this I'd probably pay it.

IMO, the gun articulation, removable bullets are unnecessary because how often do you need those small features in posing? It will only increase the price.
This 100%. A removable mag or adjustable stock/handle/thingy makes sense, but individual removable bullets? Just because we can, doesn't mean we should. What does it actually add to the package in terms of real, usable value?

...it's also a little depressing that we'll have a a Ledger Joker with removable bullets before we get a single figure of Arnold as Conan.

Last edited:
All of you claiming for $500 and even 1K on Instagram while Queen reads those comments. All of that when they priced their 1/3 Joker statue for $800 originally (not with barbie hair, but sculpted).....

Like Joker said so eloquently:

"you get what you ******* deserve".

Joker dolls bring the absolute worst out of collectors. Willing to pay out of their collective asses just to feel a sense of owning something "limited"....my god.

I sure hope this is not limited, and that they reissue it 100 times.

Queen is obviously a reputable company so I’m not concerned, but still, removable bullets in the clip gives off a Molecule 8 vibe.
All of their foolishness about pianos and other ancillary nonsense to try to drive up the perceived “value” to collectors.
I hope that Queen knows that all of the bullets in the world won’t mean a thing if that head sculpt isn’t on point.

I agree with all of you, I guess my post came off as defending Hot Toys but I was just trying to shed some light on why Howard and Hot Toys aren't that worried, QS is gunning for them but HT have MCU and Star Wars, those two licenses dominate the market, a mass produced Iron Man sells thousands of copies without breaking a sweat so if anything Hot Toys is more worried about keeping the title of "the best" than losing money to QS, as I said before QS is going to try to get every license they can and I'm sure Disney licenses are in their plans as well but they have to get more stuff under their belt and prove themselves with their first 1/6 releases, price will be the deciding factor here, mass produced rooted hair and metal guns will result in a high price so it's safe to say the regular versions of the figures will be closer to Hot Toys than what most people think, that means plastic bodies and sculpted hair with the standard paint apps you see for most high quality 1/6 releases, the artist edition which is what everyone probably wants will likely be very limited and cost a pretty penny with silicone bodies, artist paint apps and of course rooted hair, metal guns I can see them keeping for both versions but they will definitely increase the final price of the figures, either way I'm expecting a Joker 3.0 from Hot Toys this year, and likely after QS announces theirs and for less than what they'll ask for with likely more accessories, but they'll have to nail the sculpt because QS already has the best mass produced likeness to date.

Queen is obviously a reputable company so I’m not concerned, but still, removable bullets in the clip gives off a Molecule 8 vibe.
All of their foolishness about pianos and other ancillary nonsense to try to drive up the perceived “value” to collectors.
I hope that Queen knows that all of the bullets in the world won’t mean a thing if that head sculpt isn’t on point.
I learned my lesson with this kind of unecessary detail, in the end it will be extremely taxing in mass production and QC, but this Joker will be limited to China so they probably already have a number in mind in order to mantain consistency across all pieces.

Excited as hell seeing the accessories... but the fact they are metal just reinforces the fact these will be well outside HT pricing.
Not necessarily. DiD has been packing their figures with metal and wood guns for years. You'll probably never get a better value for a figure then from them. Working boots with laces, two outfits, metal helmets, weapons, radios. Around $200

All of you claiming for $500 and even 1K on Instagram while Queen reads those comments. All of that when they priced their 1/3 Joker statue for $800 originally (not with barbie hair, but sculpted).....

Like Joker said so eloquently:

"you get what you ******* deserve".

Joker dolls bring the absolute worst out of collectors. Willing to pay out of their collective asses just to feel a sense of owning something "limited"....my god.

I sure hope this is not limited, and that they reissue it 100 times.

The kind of mentality of justifying something you spent a crap ton of money on is way too common, We’ve seen it time and time again with collectors that spent X amount for a “mediocre” figure and will go to the ends of the earth to tell you “NO, YOU’RE WRONG AND WHAT I OWN IS PERFECTION”.

Being convinced QS figures will be priced sub 1k is another form of delusional justification. At least that’s how I read it. As if they’re desperately telling themselves “Pass. I’ll stick with HT thank ya vurry much”. That kind of brand loyalty bothers me so much that I cringe myself to sleep.

I’m not saying that’s what people are doing here...though I DO detect hints of it. I HAVE seen this disturbing behavior over at FB and I just have to say...”guys, grow up. Go out and get some sun.”

I agree with all of you, I guess my post came off as defending Hot Toys but I was just trying to shed some light on why Howard and Hot Toys aren't that worried, QS is gunning for them but HT have MCU and Star Wars, those two licenses dominate the market, a mass produced Iron Man sells thousands of copies without breaking a sweat so if anything Hot Toys is more worried about keeping the title of "the best" than losing money to QS, as I said before QS is going to try to get every license they can and I'm sure Disney licenses are in their plans as well but they have to get more stuff under their belt and prove themselves with their first 1/6 releases, price will be the deciding factor here, mass produced rooted hair and metal guns will result in a high price so it's safe to say the regular versions of the figures will be closer to Hot Toys than what most people think, that means plastic bodies and sculpted hair with the standard paint apps you see for most high quality 1/6 releases, the artist edition which is what everyone probably wants will likely be very limited and cost a pretty penny with silicone bodies, artist paint apps and of course rooted hair, metal guns I can see them keeping for both versions but they will definitely increase the final price of the figures, either way I'm expecting a Joker 3.0 from Hot Toys this year, and likely after QS announces theirs and for less than what they'll ask for with likely more accessories, but they'll have to nail the sculpt because QS already has the best mass produced likeness to date.

I wasn’t implying you were defending HT. If my post came off that way, I apologize.

HT may have SW, but one market the IP has trouble breaking into is China. Everywhere else it’s HUGE. But seeing as how there’s a gaping hole in that country, QS are hoping to fill that with TDK figures, an IP that is way more popular and has more relevancy than the galaxy far far away.

Everyone needs to remember: the prices we see for HT (in the states at least) are not indicative of how much they cost in China. We have SSC taxes and import fees to deal with. So when QS/IAs rep says their prices will be competitive, that’s exactly what it means. HT Standard Battinson costs $280 USD over at TW (when I PO’d at least)...if QS slaps an extra $50 USD on their Battinson and if it looks WAY better...yo, why the eff not? I’ll get it!

I’m sure I won’t be the only one. If that isn’t a cause for concern over at HT...I don’t know what is.

HT may not want to lose market dominance...but they also don’t want to put in more effort than they have to. Which is why they try to prevent other companies from competing in their space.

I mean, QS forced them to “go all out” with their 1.0 Battinson. A figure they could’ve milked the eff out of with 2.0s, 3.0s, a 4.0 FINALLY with a Bruce Wayne portrait!

So yeah, they’re definitely concerned.

The kind of mentality of justifying something you spent a crap ton of money on is way too common, We’ve seen it time and time again with collectors that spent X amount for a “mediocre” figure and will go to the ends of the earth to tell you “NO, YOU’RE WRONG AND WHAT I OWN IS PERFECTION”.

Being convinced QS figures will be priced sub 1k is another form of delusional justification. At least that’s how I read it. As if they’re desperately telling themselves “Pass. I’ll stick with HT thank ya vurry much”. That kind of brand loyalty bothers me so much that I cringe myself to sleep.

I’m not saying that’s what people are doing here...though I DO detect hints of it. I HAVE seen this disturbing behavior over at FB and I just have to say...”guys, grow up. Go out and get some sun.”

I wasn’t implying you were defending HT. If my post came off that way, I apologize.

HT may have SW, but one market the IP has trouble breaking into is China. Everywhere else it’s HUGE. But seeing as how there’s a gaping hole in that country, QS are hoping to fill that with TDK figures, an IP that is way more popular and has more relevancy than the galaxy far far away.

Everyone needs to remember: the prices we see for HT (in the states at least) are not indicative of how much they cost in China. We have SSC taxes and import fees to deal with. So when QS/IAs rep says their prices will be competitive, that’s exactly what it means. HT Standard Battinson costs $280 USD over at TW (when I PO’d at least)...if QS slaps an extra $50 USD on their Battinson and if it looks WAY better...yo, why the eff not? I’ll get it!

I’m sure I won’t be the only one. If that isn’t a cause for concern over at HT...I don’t know what is.

HT may not want to lose market dominance...but they also don’t want to put in more effort than they have to. Which is why they try to prevent other companies from competing in their space.

I mean, QS forced them to “go all out” with their 1.0 Battinson. A figure they could’ve milked the eff out of with 2.0s, 3.0s, a 4.0 FINALLY with a Bruce Wayne portrait!

So yeah, they’re definitely concerned.
Pretty much, they're more concerned about saving face than losing money, at this point that is, it's a real possibility that QS might eventually be able to negotiate for MCU and SW licenses with Disney so Hot Toys knows they have to show us and their licensors they are the best, now more than ever they'll need those sales and they can't afford anymore Peacemakers lol, and trust me I'm fully aware of the pricing situation of these figures, they will always cost more outside of China and I fear with all the logistic and economic issues still going on and the majority of QS stuff being limited to the chinese market, importing these will only add more to the price, and that is if they even have enough stock for stores that are willing to ship these out.

Make no mistake tho, QS is doing the exat same thing as Hot Toys, trying to eliminate other companies from competing with them, JND, Asmus and Threezero are already in trouble, and they will go after third parties next much like Hot Toys as, Hot Toys will only have to compete with QS on the WB/DC stuff, that means a Joker 3.0 is coming, and the price will be a huge deciding factor, Battinson was reasonably priced and I think we now know why, if HT can do the same for the Joker and actually nail the sculpt this time I think a lot for people might go for the HT version, remember the artist editions from QS will be extremely limited and probably not in most collector's budget, their regular version will be closer to a regular Hot Toys, so in the end both figures might not be so different from each other.

Pretty much, they're more concerned about saving face than losing money, at this point that is, it's a real possibility that QS might eventually be able to negotiate for MCU and SW licenses with Disney so Hot Toys knows they have to show us and their licensors they are the best, now more than ever they'll need those sales and they can't afford anymore Peacemakers lol, and trust me I'm fully aware of the pricing situation of these figures, they will always cost more outside of China and I fear with all the logistic and economic issues still going on and the majority of QS stuff being limited to the chinese market, importing these will only add more to the price, and that is if they even have enough stock for stores that are willing to ship these out.

Make no mistake tho, QS is doing the exat same thing as Hot Toys, trying to eliminate other companies from competing with them, JND, Asmus and Threezero are already in trouble, and they will go after third parties next much like Hot Toys as, Hot Toys will only have to compete with QS on the WB/DC stuff, that means a Joker 3.0 is coming, and the price will be a huge deciding factor, Battinson was reasonably priced and I think we now know why, if HT can do the same for the Joker and actually nail the sculpt this time I think a lot for people might go for the HT version, remember the artist editions from QS will be extremely limited and probably not in most collector's budget, their regular version will be closer to a regular Hot Toys, so in the end both figures might not be so different from each other.

Snuffing out the competition is unavoidable. That’s the nature of it all right? But what HT did is malicious. The quality of their products was more than enough for them to get where they are today, there wasn’t any need for Howard and his misplaced notion of being a cunning business man to step in and acquire the rights only for them to not produce $#it.

I don’t need anyone to give me the BS of “hey, that’s business. You snooze you lose”. I’m aware $#it like this happens a lot, but I don’t have to like it NOR accept it.

If QS bought a bunch of licenses and pull off the same crap as HT with teases and unfulfilled promises...then QS can go straight to hell with them.

So...we’ll have to see how far QS can go.

I’m not too worried about the price yet. I still think this will falling the $500 price range.

DID does articulated weapons like this.

Back