1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the ankles are loose - which is a joint highly susceptible to becoming loose - the figure will be in danger of falling regardless of magnets in the feet and the base, right?

I've never been that bothered like some people are about conventional figure-stands. It's necessary. I ****ing hate shelf-dives.

Full metal plate under the base, magnets in the feet. It's a no brainer.
Unfortunately the magnets small enough to fit in the shoes wouldn’t be strong enough to penetrate anything overlaying the metal plate and possibly not even strong enough to hold the figure even if they were directly on metal without the double magnet bond.

If the ankles are loose - which is a joint highly susceptible to becoming loose - the figure will be in danger of falling regardless of magnets in the feet and the base, right?

I've never been that bothered like some people are about conventional figure-stands. It's necessary. I ****ing hate shelf-dives.
A stand may be a necessity to deter against shelf dives but there are just such better ways to do stands than pretty much every company out there. Coco shows em all how it should be done.

Yeah, the entire base should be a magnet.
Maybe, instead of chopping up my base when it arrives to repositon the magnets, I'll just buy more magnets and cover the whole area.

This bobble head is bound to topple with all that weight on top of his shouders.
I may try and insert 4 rare earth magnets that are 3/4 diameter and 1/8 thick under the top plate of a custom stand once I get mine to see how that works. I’ve used them for years in tool jigs and they’re super strong.

I figure in the right configuration I can get a wide stance, narrow stance and walking poses that way. I may also just go with the classic post and grabber too.

Just got this and I think the sculpt is good but it’s nothing ground breaking, I think it looks a lot better in photos than it does in person

4-FC5-E7-D0-5427-4-FBA-A1-AC-528-DB15-D0-F88.jpg

Just got this and I think the sculpt is good but it’s nothing ground breaking, I think it looks a lot better in photos than it does in person

4-FC5-E7-D0-5427-4-FBA-A1-AC-528-DB15-D0-F88.jpg
Funny enough, with the recent JND Arwen reveal, I was literally just thinking about how often we hear the phrase “it looks better in hand” or “you have to see it in hand to really appreciate it” and how I couldn’t remember the last time I saw someone say “actually it looks better in photos than it does in person” lol.

I think the sculpted does some things better than the rooted and vice versa. But at this point I'm not impressed by this thing anymore. When i get it in hand that'll change but for now I'm neutral on it.
tbh the jacket is the best part for me its really well done

Interesting to see more so-so, not too impressed, reactions now that it's getting into more ppls hands.

Same. the standard crotch grabber has never bothered me. Magnets are a cool concept but it's something I've been warry about ever since this figure was shown off.

I worry about the longevity of the ankles and whether they’ll remain tight enough over time to hold him upright.

I can answer that -- as I've never used stands in 20+ years of collecting 1/6th -- and I've never had a figure's ankles "give out" on their own while in a display.

On occasion, I've had a figure tip over on the shelf, usually from earthquakes or stomping around the detolfs, something that gets the figure out of balance.

I’m starting to worry this won’t actually be up to the standard set by my TDK Batman custom. If the head really is too big and it seems people with it in hand are confirming it, it’s probably going to be impossible for me to ignore next to a cowl I know is true 1:6 scale.

It’s really annoying because everything looks great including the sculpt, but I’m probably going to go off the deep end for a custom one that’s a better size. I had hoped for $1k I’d get something I didn’t need to tweak…

Disappointing news all around. Maybe you guys should have splurged for the rooted.
I splurged for the rooted but the more i look at the jail sculpt the more i don't like it. Probs jokor oversaturation but yeah for some reason my opinons have changed

I can answer that -- as I've never used stands in 20+ years of collecting 1/6th -- and I've never had a figure's ankles "give out" on their own while in a display.

On occasion, I've had a figure tip over on the shelf, usually from earthquakes or stomping around the detolfs, something that gets the figure out of balance.
Wow! That’s fortunate.

I’ve never not used stands especially after we started getting quakes in the area but I have had figure’s ankles become loose over time or straight up break. Tobey Spidey, Bats Begins, anything SS clone to name a few.
Plus I’m sure I couldn’t successfully get many of the poses mine are in without some sort of stabilizer.

Pretty much. Wonder how much longer this will go. Especially with people who have been in this thread since day 1. :lol

I’m starting to worry this won’t actually be up to the standard set by my TDK Batman custom. If the head really is too big and it seems people with it in hand are confirming it, it’s probably going to be impossible for me to ignore next to a cowl I know is true 1:6 scale.

It’s really annoying because everything looks great including the sculpt, but I’m probably going to go off the deep end for a custom one that’s a better size. I had hoped for $1k I’d get something I didn’t need to tweak…
The scale looks fine next to the DX19, let alone your custom neck/cowl. The sculpt is probably a tad overscaled for the non-jacket look but then again it looks fine in a lot of photos from people who have it. The scale also looks the same as the DX11, which wasn't overscaled. Make with it what you will.

PDohsXz.jpg

H75KUlq.png

It’s not a cycle if I was never at “best sixth scale figure ever” and we’re past the “it’s just bad pics” stage. Every picture of this thing has shown the head to be the biggest 1:6 head of any figure it’s photographed with and people with it in hand are saying the same thing.

I hope I’m wrong when I get it but it’s feeling less and less likely.

Wow! That’s fortunate.

I’ve never not used stands especially after we started getting quakes in the area but I have had figure’s ankles become loose over time or straight up break. Tobey Spidey, Bats Begins, anything SS clone to name a few.
Plus I’m sure I couldn’t successfully get many of the poses mine are in without some sort of stabilizer.

True, I don't do a lot of unique posing... mostly straight museum poses or legs apart, one forward one back, for the more dynamic -- but no crazy poses as Justin would say.

Once you find a figure's sweet spot, it usually more or less "locks" in place as long as no quaking or moving it off balance.

Back