1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love:
Weathering
Likeness
Accessories
Quality of materials

Nitpicks:
Placement of magnets in stand

Quality control issues with my single standard:
The magnet inside the hand that came on figure fell out upon removing hand.

Right wrist peg/joint is super, super stiff for some reason.

Attachments

• EFAE0A8B-41C9-4BA0-8A6E-82162E33A1A2.jpeg
    EFAE0A8B-41C9-4BA0-8A6E-82162E33A1A2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Viper strikes again with the magnets falling out and shoddy wrist pegs. Maybe this is how he terrorized toy stores.

IMG20230216202511.jpg
IMG20230216193514.jpg
IMG20230216201743.jpg

I know it's been said, but Hot Toys is in trouble. The sculpt and tailoring are among the best I've seen.

The magnets are a game changer, swapping parts are mostly hassle free and the magnetic base puts Hot Toys base/stands to shame.

Most accessories are die-cast, even ones you'd expect to be plastic and they are all amazingly painted.

The prison cell diorama weighs a ton and is very high quality, again it puts most Hot Toys diorama bases to shame. (The actual cell piece does not fit in a detolf unfortunately)

Overall I am extremely impressed and this is just their first 1/6 figure. Inart is legit and Hot Toys finally has real competition.

I’ve decided I’ll be doing the magnet mod on the base. Gotta be able to move them apart a little to give him a more menacing stance.

I won’t be selling this any time soon and it does improve the display options so it’s worth cutting the innards of the base up. You can have his legs close or spaced apart then.

got my standard

foot wasn't attached to the socket, the magnet s in one of the wrist pegs isn't glue in. The die cast accessories are too heavy for this guy to hold. It's still a dope figure and I'm glad I have it.

All around a step up from the usual hot toys experience.

I’ll be curious to hear people’s opinions on the base magnet setup as more of these start shipping out. I worry about the longevity of the ankles and whether they’ll remain tight enough over time to hold him upright. And from the sound of it so far the magnets may limit the posing options a little.

I’m trying to decide if I want to design a custom stand with magnets in it to accommodate IA’s design or just go with a standard post and grabber.

I’ve decided I’ll be doing the magnet mod on the base. Gotta be able to move them apart a little to give him a more menacing stance.

I won’t be selling this any time soon and it does improve the display options so it’s worth cutting the innards of the base up. You can have his legs close or spaced apart then.
hopefully this gives InArt the idea of moveable/slidable magnets side their base, just let us pop it open from the bottom side and adjust the positioning.

I worry about the longevity of the ankles and whether they’ll remain tight enough over time to hold him upright.
I think this ultimately comes down to how and how much you pose, balance the thing just like with any other 1/6 figure.

got my standard

foot wasn't attached to the socket, the magnet s in one of the wrist pegs isn't glue in. The die cast accessories are too heavy for this guy to hold. It's still a dope figure and I'm glad I have it.

All around a step up from the usual hot toys experience.
Wow. I had the exact same issues with my standard version.

I’ll be curious to hear people’s opinions on the base magnet setup as more of these start shipping out. I worry about the longevity of the ankles and whether they’ll remain tight enough over time to hold him upright. And from the sound of it so far the magnets may limit the posing options a little.

I’m trying to decide if I want to design a custom stand with magnets in it to accommodate IA’s design or just go with a standard post and grabber.
From facebook
Good thing the door is closed
IMG_20230217_140958.jpg

Are the magnets that far back though? From the way he's tipped forward, his feet are nowhere near the middle of the stand (only the toes are in the middle). Could be the angle of the photo, I guess.

I think inart really copped out on this magnetic base.. two tiny magnets in a very specific position.. Come on Inart 🤦🏻 its hardly a magnetic base. Its more accurately a base with magnets 🥵

From facebook
Good thing the door is closedView attachment 623659
For full context, the collector who posted this on FB replied in the comments that he figured out he only had one of the two feet secured to the correct magnetic “spot” on the base. Though especially after seeing the base taken apart, I have no idea why they only made it such specific tiny little spots that the feet had to line up to in the first place.

Back