1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing to ponder is -

Is Inart specifically trying to replicate the actor’s likeness with each figure that will have pers, or will they all look the same except for say the color of the eyes for any given character? If so that could be a big mistake imo.
pretty sure their gimmick is having all moveable eyes on every figure. which isn't a bad thing, its appealing to most. i just think having pers downgrades the likeness besides masked characters like batman. but normal characters like bruce looks iffy to me but depends how they handle it. i think their gandalf turned out great. automatically a character with pers will have their likeness downgraded by like 5% or more. you lack the intensity or glare that you can achieve with normal sculpted eyes. but then again, this picture of joker exist and he looks like a menace with the eyes raised but we will see how they'll turn out. aragorn will most definitely get an update, including bruce as well.

like chopper said eyes up is the go-to. i find myself getting lots of my sculpts having raised eyes just because I really like the stare/intensity that comes from it

more information will be given in time, hopefully soon

314019660_5930888970305696_8211384311226312635_n.jpg

pretty sure their gimmick is having all moveable eyes on every figure. which isn't a bad thing, its appealing to most.
Hopefully that gap between the eyes is just blown out in photos and not really that big, would hate dust and particles getting in with no way of getting out.

Hopefully that gap between the eyes is just blown out in photos and not really that big, would hate dust and particles getting in with no way of getting out.
i think it will be fine. i don't think that will be an issue. i think the biggest issue for open display collectors who ordered rooted hair is how dust can cling onto the hair. personal experience owning a jnd piece and having an open display while I waited for my moducase? not fun. i think the eyes are the least and smallest issue and doubt dust particles will get in between

personal experience owning a jnd piece and having an open display while I waited for my moducase? not fun.
This is why I can’t get into 1:4

I don’t see how people are buying tons
of big statues right now either given how
everything is. Those things require a
room to themselves at the very least.
Spending thousands on a statue,
having to purchase a case for it,
find storage for the box and interchangeable
pieces. I hate the few hot toys boxes I own.
Not to mention the nightmare moving would be.

This is why I can’t get into 1:4

I don’t see how people are buying tons
of big statues right now either given how
everything is. Those things require a
room to themselves at the very least.
Spending thousands on a statue,
having to purchase a case for it,
find storage for the box and interchangeable
pieces. I hate the few hot toys boxes I own.
imho, statues dont seem worth it to me unless you collect comic pieces or transformers. movie pieces such balls unless its a jnd piece or queen piece. prime1 is lacking. the busts are impressive but shipping is mind bogglingly expensive 1000+ for busts alone from what I've heard. i was quoted 300 for my 1/3 phoenix joker from QS. a total gut punch.

the case isn't an issue— well it is. lots of statues are getting bigger and bigger, taller even that it doesn't seem worth it to display inside a moducase. good luck fitting 1/3 venompool inside or most transformer pieces (I think). however moducase does make it easy since they have the drawers but it wont take long to fill up with 1/3 things sitting inside.

the boxes are probably the worst. you can buy 10 hot toy boxes, stack them and that'll equal to maybe 1 (1/3) size box. main reason I lean heavily into customs is the quality while retaining and sticking to scale because 1/6 seems perfect to me. its big enough, but not BIG at the same time. getting good detail in a small scale is impressive alone to me

imho, statues dont seem worth it to me unless you collect comic pieces or transformers. movie pieces such balls unless its a jnd piece or queen piece. prime1 is lacking. the busts are impressive but shipping is mind bogglingly expensive 1000+ for busts alone from what I've heard. i was quoted 300 for my 1/3 phoenix joker from QS. a total gut punch.

the case isn't an issue— well it is. lots of statues are getting bigger and bigger, taller even that it doesn't seem worth it to display inside a moducase. good luck fitting 1/3 venompool inside or most transformer pieces (I think). however moducase does make it easy since they have the drawers but it wont take long to fill up with 1/3 things sitting inside.

the boxes are probably the worst. you can buy 10 hot toy boxes, stack them and that'll equal to maybe 1 (1/3) size box. main reason I lean heavily into customs is the quality while retaining and sticking to scale because 1/6 seems perfect to me. its big enough, but not BIG at the same time. getting good detail in a small scale is impressive alone to me
I understand buying a statue
or two for a room, but to go all out?
You’d need a huge room to just be
able to walk in without worrying about elbowing
4 grand off the shelf or be stuck with squeezing multiple statues per shelf causing fear you’re maxing out on weight. Too much of a gamble to me..

A couple reasons I love custom’s -
they don’t come with a big useless box
and every few weeks you’re buying another
piece to build a figure, meeting people along the way. Something about it feels good to have shoes and a suit but no sculpt yet etc..

Last edited:
I understand buying a statue
or two for a room, but to go all out?
You’d need a huge room to just be
able to walk in without worrying about elbowing
4 grand off the shelf or be stuck with squeezing multiple statues per shelf causing fear you’re maxing out on weight. Too much of a gamble to me..

A couple reasons I love custom’s -
they don’t come with a big useless box
and every few weeks you’re buying another
piece to build a figure, meeting people along the way. Something about it feels good to have shoes and a suit but no sculpt yet etc..
personally too much real estate but lots of magnitude and reasons why people collect statues over figures, presentation is far better and probably less of a headache to worry about flaking. bigger is sometimes better to some

I absolutely adore sculpture boxes from artists or the acrylic sculpture cases for rooted hair sculpts lol i find a lot of enjoyment in customs is the connections and networking of finding other like-minded people and artists. seeing a direction someone is taking when having their sculpt painted or haired. the amount of control you have over your own figure is also appealing

The thing to ponder is -

Is Inart specifically trying to replicate the actor’s likeness with each figure that will have pers, or will they all look the same except for say the color of the eyes for any given character? If so that could be a big mistake imo.
Are you asking if InArt will custom build each eyeball to match the scaled size of the actor’s own? Or, if an actor has very blodshot or yellowed or grey whites of the eye, will InArt capture that?

I don’t understand the question.

Idk about the eyes in this shot. The figure still looks great overall but the eyelids seem too thick and the eyeballs don’t seem to sit flush with them.

Attachments

• E524E7C7-B21D-45BC-ADA9-A1631A71199F.jpeg
    E524E7C7-B21D-45BC-ADA9-A1631A71199F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I don't think the eyes will be much of a problem in-hand. Excited to see some videos when this releases.

In terms of the customs angle etc. I used to be firmly against them, well not against, but at least a couple years back for me the quality wasn't worth the prices (I don't really think too much of Adam Gu). But now with exceptionally realistic pieces coming out, in terms of what I collect for, finessed and high quality representations (as real as possible) of favourite film characters, I don't mind spending the price for them.

My reasoning is because I've owned probably 30 Hot Toys or so over the years, and looking behind me now, I literally own 1 and a half out of them all. With things like Hot Toys there's always a new one that will come out with slightly better variations, I can't be bothered with it, I just want to be one and done and have the most realistic representation that probably won't be beat for 5-10 years down the line. For me anyway 1/3 JND is the overall best exploration of what I'm looking for. But either way, there's people who'd argue the price of specific customs or high-end quality pieces yet collect 3x Hot Toys a month.

A defining matter for me is do I actually love a character and getting a version because I have to have a representation or am I getting swept up in the hype of a new piece and that addiction. I realised after having so many Hot Toys, especially because I prefer a refined collection, that I'd rather relocate that money into pieces that have staying power and that I know I'll adore for a very long time.

If in-hand I really like this duo form Inart, Inart will have overtaken that in the 1/6 sphere, but will still compete with customs for me. Not long back in the day a lot of people here would probably complain about the price of these two against the prices of Hot Toys £180 price point, with comparisons being made, jsut like a couple pages back, if the quality is worth the price hike (and probably the answers would be no back then.

Goal posts are changing in every regard. In any case I'm with Wor-Gar, the options out there right now are amazing, and cater for every single collecting need they everyone has.

Idk about the eyes in this shot. The figure still looks great overall but the eyelids seem too thick and the eyeballs don’t seem to sit flush with them.

I see what you're saying but I really think this will largely go unnoticed in hand. These pictures blow everything up to large proportions. It's why I think I'm done with pictures of this particular figure until I get him in hand. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna get and now it's just waiting to see the nuances of the figure once it's in my hand.

I see what you're saying but I really think this will largely go unnoticed in hand. These pictures blow everything up to large proportions. It's why I think I'm done with pictures of this particular figure until I get him in hand. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna get and now it's just waiting to see the nuances of the figure once it's in my hand.
Idk, I feel like being able to take close up photos is the real test of a 1:6 figure at this point. It’s theoretically possible to get eyes to sit really flush at this scale. I’ve done it with no training, it also seems like the eyes on their Gandalf sit much more closely to the eyelids than this Joker. Maybe Joker is suffering a bit for being the first one through the gate.
C56528CF-BE87-4200-B797-211ADED779CB.jpeg
81EA6148-0863-4477-9B25-66187B250933.jpeg

That picture of Gandalf looks so amazing... I just can't imagine that is what is going to be delivered in hand.
The lighting and grain over the image can hide a lot but every pic I’ve seen of the prototype makes the eyes seem to sit perfectly.

I think the question is whether something in their manufacturing process is allowing tolerances that make the eyes not fit so well. Joker is the only thing we’ve seen a production copy of and the eyes are a bit gappy.

Idk, I feel like being able to take close up photos is the real test of a 1:6 figure at this point. It’s theoretically possible to get eyes to sit really flush at this scale. I’ve done it with no training, it also seems like the eyes on their Gandalf sit much more closely to the eyelids than this Joker. Maybe Joker is suffering a bit for being the first one through the gate.

Sure. You're probably right. I guess what I'm saying is I think this will work for me on an aesthetic level once it's in hand. I've come to terms with the moving eyes and the fact that we could be dealing with a real mixed bag when it comes to the outcome. What I'm seeing here is not the best it could be but it's far from the worse either. It's kinda why I wish these companies would leave it by the wayside. Sculpted eyes is a better gamble.

As a side note - that Gandalf looks great. And that's beside the fact if you think the likeness is accurate. That thing is super life like. This, along with the recent reveal of Gandalf the White from Asmus, makes Asmus' GTG sting even more. :(

Ledger Joker fans have such a deep love for the character that they are hyper critical -- like, extra super hyper critical -- so no matter what comes out, even a genuine 3D holographic model of the actor, nothing will escape scrutiny.

It is such a shame that Ledger isn't here to see all the fandom that he spawned.

Back