1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s because we haven’t had a mass produced 1:6 ledger joker since hot toys bank robber 2.0, that’s 2014. Think about that, then understand where your comparison is flawed.

joker-popcorn.gif

That’s because we haven’t had a mass produced 1:6 ledger joker since hot toys bank robber 2.0, that’s 2014. Think about that, then understand where your comparison is flawed.
I thought about it and it still looks good. Too expensive for my liking? Sure, but evidently not for others. Not as good as the prototype? Of course, but that's standard. InArt's marketing is dodgy to put it kindly, but I think calling it a bait and switch is a little bit much.

Heres where I stand..

I still want the rooted purple one but I dont want the other one anymore because the dip in quality is pretty clear in my opinion

So now Im back again to "I wish they offered a single rooted figure" because now the price isn't the problem for me its that they botched the other figure

I dont know what to do now.
Wait or keep it or try to go the sculpted route 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I thought about it and it still looks good. Too expensive for my liking? Sure, but evidently not for others. Not as good as the prototype? Of course, but that's standard. InArt's marketing is dodgy to put it kindly, but I think calling it a bait and switch is a little bit much.
would you rush out to preorder it for a grand within the 3 day window if you saw this at the shopping cart?
E078D655-F105-40AF-9B56-BC51BC80B929.jpeg

I clearly said 1:6
I mentioned Enterbay in my original post. Their figure was 1/4 scale. Regardless of scale, InArts has made the best Joker so far. It's a fact. If HT ever makes a 3.0, then we'll see if they can beat InArts, until then, InArts is the best available choice for an official figure.

@Nick D
Mate, you don't like the look of it - fine!
You have shared your opinion....
and shared it....
and shared it...
and shared it..

After a certain point it stops reading like someone sharing a different perspective and starts becoming either someone with a particular bugbear they keep inflicting on a captive audience or it starts looking like an agenda.
Having just taken a minute to look at your comment history and its ONLY dozens of posts on this page and most of them are of you ragging on this Inart figure and extolling the virtue of varying customs.
You have made your point - often.

InArts has made the best Joker so far. It's a fact. If HT ever makes a 3.0, then we'll see if they can beat InArts, until then, InArts is the best available choice for an official figure.
I never disagreed due to the fact that the last 1:6 (you compare 1:6 figures to 1:6 figures right?) we got officially was in 2014, if you want a real comparison use the dx11 instead of the bank robber 2.0. That’s 2012, of course inart did better, it’s 2022 and nobody has put one out since, doesn’t make it a good choice.

I mentioned Enterbay in my original post. Their figure was 1/4 scale. Regardless of scale, InArts has made the best Joker so far. It's a fact. If HT ever makes a 3.0, then we'll see if they can beat InArts, until then, InArts is the best available choice for an official figure.
To be fair just because its the best doesnt mean we should give them a pass if they do not deliver what they kept assuring us they will

Funny enough the rooted hair was the big concern but I think it came out well. Its the outfit and other stuff that is throwing me off. It MIGHT be futzing. But Im not sold on a MIGHT. I need to see the figure in a collectors hand futzed and shown in its best light. Something that Inart themselves failed to do twice now in 2 events..

If Viper wasnt so busy terrorizing toy stores in HK, he would have been there to make the figure look like his vision.
Other than that, InArt's field team, who probably know very little on how to futz with figures, are probably the ones who set it up.

To be fair just because its the best doesnt mean we should give them a pass if they do not deliver what they kept assuring us they will

Funny enough the rooted hair was the big concern but I think it came out well. Its the outfit and other stuff that is throwing me off. It MIGHT be futzing. But Im not sold on a MIGHT. I need to see the figure in a collectors hand futzed and shown in its best light. Something that Inart themselves failed to do twice now in 2 events..

would you rush out to preorder it for a grand within the 3 day window if you saw this at the shopping cart?View attachment 604997
For a grand? No, I said already it's too expensive for my liking. I'd rather put money like that towards a Prime 1 statue or something. I'm not that into Batman stuff either.

For the price point we're looking at here, if I wanted only the single rooted Joker, what was that, $500-600 or something? What's my other options? Silly money on eBay for old HT figures? Even sillier money on a single custom headsculpt, plus however much more on limited run tailored clothing? I think I know which one I'd choose.

Some actual photos of the figures at the event. Not whatever the hell those previous photos are. :cuckoo:

Looks to be the sculpted hair version for this event, which is looking great. Tempted to get 1 sculpted version on the side.

98iRBDo.jpg
NpAUXcE.jpg
7HJf23W.jpg

Lol, no need to take those photos so hard man.

Besides, the photos weren't there to critique the details of the figure. You don't need good lighting or a good quality photo to see that the proportions are not good as shown in the promo pictures. Look at this last HD photo and the figure on the right is still the same as what I posted; that the shoulders and traps look really weird. So my question of is this how it's going to be or is it poorly posed still holds. I'm hoping they're adjustable.

@Nick D
Mate, you don't like the look of it - fine!
You have shared your opinion....
and shared it....
and shared it...
and shared it..

After a certain point it stops reading like someone sharing a different perspective and starts becoming either someone with a particular bugbear they keep inflicting on a captive audience or it starts looking like an agenda.
Having just taken a minute to look at your comment history and its ONLY dozens of posts on this page and most of them are of you ragging on this Inart figure and extolling the virtue of varying customs.
You have made your point - often.
Because I pre ordered this set. I wanted it to be great, for me it’s not, now I have to eat $180, that makes me a bit upset, enough to voice my frustration. Yes I’ve only posted on this thread, it’s because I come from customone-sixth. I bought this set, saw there was a forum for it and thought I’d join. I didn’t make one negative comment about inart or this set until I saw production, I was sold in the early promo stage. I don’t buy hot toys all the time like you guys. I don’t have a vast collection of different characters that get spit out all the time, so what I do collect I make sure meets my standards and expectations. I just can’t see how you guys are just eager to throw inart 1k for this. I don’t care about the accessories or the jail dio if the main event is underwhelming. People get scared away at 1k custom headsculpts that look absolutely amazing but will settle for this because of accessories and a base, blows my mind.

So I want everyone to look at this like I am and tell me if I am being paranoid because seeing these next to each other it looks like JOKER and JOKOR to me

So I am thinking if I had this in my hand I would try to do this

- push the shoulders up.
- Try to dab some water on the shirt to get it to fit tighter to the body and get rid of that squared shoulder look
- try to push down the collar to show a little more neck and push down the vest and see if it can close less tight around the bottom
- Style the hair a bit

Then under a good lighting condition and without the lens distorting it and everything is it going to look much closer to the one on the left?

Maybe... Maybe

1666890963863.png

Back