1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cheaper than what everybody was estimating but because it's a two pack it's circled back around to being more expensive than what everybody was estimating. =_=
Yeah, the single release isn’t bad, but no rooted hair (which is a big selling point for this in my opinion) and you don’t get the cool base unless you pay $600 for two figures, but even still that’s still only with sculpted hair.

There should have been another option with one figure, rooted hair, and the diorama.

Already dreading the Gandalf two pack with one clean, dry hair Shire Gandalf and one wet, greasy hair Moria Gandalf.

Viper doing what he does best with those arms/hands. They look incredible. Figured he would go the seamless wrist/forearm route since he's been doing that lately with all his custom figures.

3qMbZk3.jpg
It's great to see that unlike Hot Toys this company actually is looking to hide the joints. Bodes well for those of us who hate exposed neck joints. Hopefully they can make a seamless neck superman.

I'm not crazy about the Jail Joker sculpt actually, so the sculpted deluxe is out of the question despite the decent pricing.

I either go standard sculpted -- just one Joker for the shelf...

...or I go big. Double up on rooted hair Jokers.

I just really don't need the jail Joker (or his background bars)... but I do love those hands.

I definitely see what you're saying, but imagine Hot Toys announces their new Joker and they nail the sculpt, all those jokers were from years ago and the industry is rapidly evolvings so there's certainly room and tools for improvement, gonna be interesting to see if they can offer something that matches what QS has done here, just amazing work.
Yeah but even if hot toys announced something tomorrow it's still 2 years before they work through all the new figures and greedy reissues....

The standard offering seems like the best option for me, the double pack gives you a sculpt with different hair, a cell diorama which might not be space friendly for some collectors and one more body, which is nice for displaying the 2 sculpts but doesn't give you anything the standard doesn't, sucks you can only get rooted by buying two figures.

I'm not crazy about the Jail Joker sculpt actually, so the sculpted deluxe is out of the question despite the decent pricing.

I just really don't need the jail Joker (or his background bars)... but I do love those hands.
Or... you could split the deluxe set with moi.
I take boring purple coat figure and you get the VERY nice, VERY lucrative, obviously superior jail cell version. :naughty

You can have the amazing hands!
You can have the excellently crafted cell!
You can have the beautiful squatting Joker figure!

VbUUjN.gif

Hopefully the final paint on the sculpted hair will be more yellow green like the rooted. It's kind of odd to me just how different the color is.

Also a lot of people think the jail joker is the only one that comes with the seamless arms, it's not, the jail joker is just a second body you can use for displaying both sculpts, which is a nice gesture, you can remove the coat and stock arms for gloves on the standard version and have him rocking the jail look as well, minus the prison cell and sculpt with different hair.

I guess we were all sort of right and sort of wrong with the pricing :lol Feel like i'm going to go for the super big rooted extra extra deluxe version though :slap buying a custom head is usually like $150 minimum these days, then rooted costs you minimum $300 plus getting it painted, so then you're looking at $1000 just for the head, not to mention the shipping back and forth between artists.

This where I'm at too. I really don't want that jail diorama to be honest. I like small diorama style bases but nothing that is this large that it requires so much shelf space.

BUT, I LOVE accessories and especially extra headsculpts so it would bother me not to have the extra option. I image that the extra head alone will go for crazy money on the after market so might be wiser to get the double rooted version and sell what you don't want.

So three poses for Jail Joker...

Clapping

Pointing gotcha

Hands rubbing thighs

That's it.

I do wonder, 2 things:

1)would the new Worldbox hands+arms work with this so to then have more options.
2) how would this look on standard body so that you can use other hands. I have some spare HT DX11 bare hands that I've been holding onto in case a new 1/6 version showed up.

Back