1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone’s losing their marbles over this whole PO thing 😂 who cares if they opened it up again, I’m glad people can have a second chance to grab it if they missed out the first time. Collecting figures shouldn’t be about exclusiveness and reselling for stupid prices, it should be for fun and for everyone to enjoy a piece of the cake. If you’re in the hobby for exclusiveness and resales then stop collecting figures and try buying some luxury watches instead. See how fun and far that rabbit hole can take you 😂

Now let me tell you I’m Jon the one in the video ☺️. I’ve been collecting Hot Toys since the beginning when reissues weren’t even a thing so I’ve seen it all. I’ve never sold a figure or statue but I like to collect and appreciate the rarity of a piece that was the old mentality with 1/6 collecting. Now Hot Toys reissues everything and that old collecting mentality has dwindled. I’m excited for Queen because this adds much needed competition in the hobby. They had 3 versions of the joker the deluxe was meant to be more of a higher end option so maintain that exclusivity for the people that put down a deposit right away. Why would I put down an NRD if I can wait until the item releases right?

In regards to Kit good guy never disrespected him I actually spoke to him directly and plan on doing all my Queen purchases through his company.

First off...not disclosing you were the one in the video is weird. That shouldn’t be something that is hidden. I don’t understand the secrecy.

Secondly, NRDs have existed for a long time. There was a point in time when POs for HT figures get sold out within hours and days. So this waiting until the item releases makes no sense if you wanted the figure and immediately PO’d it for fear of missing out. Nowadays HT figures don’t sell out as quickly as they once did. But that’s not because of “oh they’re making more”, it’s more like diminishing returns.

QS/IA deluxe joker has a reason for limited PO window. It’s a long arduous process to hair so many figures. Reaching a PO limit for a figure this complex isn’t exclusive to QS/IA.

Everyone’s losing their marbles over this whole PO thing 😂 who cares if they opened it up again, I’m glad people can have a second chance to grab it if they missed out the first time. Collecting figures shouldn’t be about exclusiveness and reselling for stupid prices, it should be for fun and for everyone to enjoy a piece of the cake. If you’re in the hobby for exclusiveness and resales then stop collecting figures and try buying some luxury watches instead. See how fun and far that rabbit hole can take you 😂

Exactly! When I heard it’s gone up again, I was happy! Now those that couldn’t get it for reasons now have a 2nd shot! I was legit shocked when I saw the negativity and I was scratching my head thinking “are these people for real?”

STILL shaking my head over this BS.

What's not being said, and I don't understand why they don't just come out and say it, is they are mad because they want what they order to be super duper ultra rare. They believed what was ordered during that 3 day window would be all that was made, like 200-400 made.

Now that it has been opened again, that tells them that not many were ordered to what they expected. Now they believe it would be extra super duper ultra rare, like less than 200 made. Problem is QS never said it would be a limited serial number like a statue, but that's what they want.

I dont know about all of you, but I'm noticing a few YTubers lately that are really starting to bash these new licensed companies that are competing in the sixth scale class like JazzInc and Queen Studios. Why is this? Shouldn't all collectors be welcoming the competition? I don't get all this hate lately.

First off...not disclosing you were the one in the video is weird. That shouldn’t be something that is hidden. I don’t understand the secrecy.

Secondly, NRDs have existed for a long time. There was a point in time when POs for HT figures get sold out within hours and days. So this waiting until the item releases makes no sense if you wanted the figure and immediately PO’d it for fear of missing out. Nowadays HT figures don’t sell out as quickly as they once did. But that’s not because of “oh they’re making more”, it’s more like diminishing returns.

QS/IA deluxe joker has a reason for limited PO window. It’s a long arduous process to hair so many figures. Reaching a PO limit for a figure this complex isn’t exclusive to QS/IA.
No not hiding at all more like sharing the video, I’m on YouTube nothing to hide.
I miss those days when you would get excited to order a Hot Toy because they might sell out. I used to order everything NRD or not. I miss the exclusivity in the 1/6 world a lot of people can’t stand it but I miss it. I think these companies should juggle and try and make all parties happy. Queen was doing that with this deluxe, it had some sort of exclusivity attached to it with the 3 day window.

Alright guys great chatting with you don’t mean to step on toes head over to the channel and check it out we’re just passionate collectors who talk about what we love….. maybe tooo much passion sometimes 😂

What's not being said, and I don't understand why they don't just come out and say it, is they are mad because they want what they order to be super duper ultra rare. They believed what was ordered during that 3 day window would be all that was made, like 200-400 made.

Now that it has been opened again, that tells them that not many were ordered to what they expected. Now they believe it would be extra super duper ultra rare, like less than 200 made. Problem is QS never said it would be a limited serial number like a statue, but that's what they want.

I dont know about all of you, but I'm noticing a few YTubers lately that are really starting to bash these new licensed companies that are competing in the sixth scale class like JazzInc and Queen Studios. Why is this? Shouldn't all collectors be welcoming the competition? I don't get all this hate lately.

Because their lord and savior HT can do no wrong and are FLAWLESS?

Because those new companies can potentially make their current collection obsolete? And they won’t allow that?

Because they’re trying to convince themselves they don’t need another toy of the same character and will refuse to acknowledge there are better versions out there in the Wild?

Because they’re weird entitled man children?

I dunno, take your pick.

I’d say all of the above.

No not hiding at all more like sharing the video, I’m on YouTube nothing to hide.
I miss those days when you would get excited to order a Hot Toy because they might sell out. I used to order everything NRD or not. I miss the exclusivity in the 1/6 world a lot of people can’t stand it but I miss it. I think these companies should juggle and try and make all parties happy. Queen was doing that with this deluxe, it had some sort of exclusivity attached to it with the 3 day window.
My man if that’s what you like then you should stop collecting figures and start to collect luxury watches. check out brands like Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe and Rolex. The whole luxury watch industry and gone to 💩 because of things being exclusive and having such a high demand for a product with small stock. You should be happy that the action figure industry isn’t really like that. The last thing you want is to wish for a figure that you’ve wanted to be released to find out you missed out because of exclusivity. Collecting figures should be for all people of all ages and I think it was silly for queen studios to even close the PO in the first place

Speaking of NRD..

We may need to charge higher % for next QS 1/6 figure

We always set the NRD randomly, I meant, just for easy calculation, as soon as our finance is healthy

The Joker is really out of our expectation, I would set 20% NRD if I knew it could sell so well (Exactly what we pay to QS)

If Queen continue to throw out hot cakes we may bankrupt before they release the Joker figure..

I don’t like to talk trash about my fellow YTers or contemporaries...but after seeing that video...

I...wah...huh?!?

I DON’T SEE HOW ANY OF THIS IS UNETHICAL??

did I miss the memo somewhere? I’m seriously trying to connect some dots and wrap my head around that mentality. Like...WHO IS BEING HURT HERE??? Who stands to “lose” here?? WHAT EXACTLY IS AT STAKE??

“Pressure to order it”??? People who were going to get this had ample time. QS announced a PO DATE. Customers had a full 3 days to put in a PO. Which is ALL the time in the world especially for someone that’s never experienced what it’s like to PO Macross Toys. I WOULD KILL for a PO date announcement and I WOULD KILL for a 3 day window for Macross POs!

So if you were going to get one, YOU WERE GOING TO GET ONE. A “SECOND CHANCE” opportunity should have no affect on it. What difference does an extra week do? If you can’t even afford an $80-$100 NRD...my dude, maybe you shouldn’t be getting a figure that costs $1000 in the first place!

And refunding NRDs? Why? If you snagged a PO, that means you were committed to getting it. Once again, HOW DOES A “SECOND CHANCE” affect YOUR commitment?

Damn, it’s like butt hurt people like him are trying to blow up some nonsensical BS drama for no reason other than to cover up their selfish entitled nature. He’s trying to sound like he’s “looking out” for those that “felt pressured” to POing a 1K TOY. My dude, what about those that DIDNT HAVE FUNDS THEN but DO NOW? They don’t deserve a chance to PO joker??

Holy high hell man...

I apologize for being this triggered. But selfish behavior like that just gets to me real bad.

“Being lied to blah blah blah....”

GTFO here with that $#!t...
I love that you bring up this macross company every time you're angry about anything 😂. They must have done real number on you huh?

No. You're clicking preorder based on the fact YOU WANT the figure. It doesn't matter if you do it on day one or the last second. If your reasoning is the time limit made you preorder it, then you have issues with self-control.
Exactly this :lecture If I want a figure bad enough, I'll PO it, time limit or not. Otherwise, I'll wait and if it's still available later, I'll pick it up then. There are some figures I've passed on at the time of PO and I realize that's my fault and I have to pay the price if I want it now, simple as that.

For those that want their NRD back - I'm willing to bet that some, but not all, are hiding their buyer's remorse behind this idea of exclusivity now that they've had time for sticker shock to set in and think about the fact that they may be spending a grand on a figure.

Side-bar: I truly hate the term "missed out" these days though as it's generally used as a way to gain some sort of sympathy in the community for one's own lack of pre-ordering. And it's usually coincidently right when a figure is going for a large sum on the after market that folks start claiming they've "missed out" and are either hoping for a reissue and/or searching endlessly for somewhere that may still have it in stock.

It is funny to see. I remember how people collected the 3 inch Star Wars stuff in the 90's thinking it would be worth a fortune. Now its mostly trash.

Then the Sideshow figures. Again, mostly worthless.

Same will be said of our collections now in 20 years. A lot of junk no one wants.
2 type of collectors. Ones who collect for theyre love of the art. And ones who collect to impress other people.

Again, as I’ve said earlier, I got my order in, so I couldn’t care less about QS taking more orders. If they need to do that to have sufficient volume so they can afford to deliver without cutting corners, that’s even better.

That said, there was a whole lot of extra noise made implying that QS was reopening the run to make amends to some wronged collectors. In fact, it was implied that TW engaged in questionable sales practices and had their orders cancelled. Given that TW currently has this for sale, I have to conclude that it was just completely made up.

It absolutely rubs me the wrong way that a supposedly open and consumer engaging company would feel the need to engage in supporting such an extravagant story for something that really doesn’t matter. After all, when someone doesn’t tell the truth about something small, how can you trust them to do it when it’s something big?

And no, I’m not canceling my preorder, nor do I feel that my NRD should be returned. IMO, this hasn’t reached the threshold of a breach of the sales contract. I just don’t have the same level of trust in QS that I had before all of this self-inflicted drama.

2 type of collectors. Ones who collect for theyre love of the art. And ones who collect to impress other people.

Never understood how people's opinion of their own collection is so affected by what someone else would theoretically pay for something they don't even want to sell in the first place.

Some collectors care far too much about what other people are able to have in their collections.

Who cares if a company reissues a figure 5 years later? Not everyone was collecting back then, or maybe they didn’t have an interest in that line or just couldn’t justify it financially back then.

You still have the figure, so why does it matter who has it too?

My concern isn’t from an exclusivity standpoint but from a quality one, although I highly doubt they’d botch their first 1/6 figure release.

Back