1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of NRD..

We may need to charge higher % for next QS 1/6 figure

We always set the NRD randomly, I meant, just for easy calculation, as soon as our finance is healthy

The Joker is really out of our expectation, I would set 20% NRD if I knew it could sell so well (Exactly what we pay to QS)

If Queen continue to throw out hot cakes we may bankrupt before they release the Joker figure..
I understand your side of business, but the main reason I went with you was because the NRD was affordable.

I love that you bring up this macross company every time you're angry about anything 😂. They must have done real number on you huh?

It’s like that somber boat scene in jaws where quint is telling the story...

You don’t understand man. When you’re up in the middle of the night WAY past your bed time constantly clicking every window tab, refreshing the PO pages every 5 seconds hoping to see the dulled out “preorder” icon flash that bright color. Always rubbing your eyes in hopes the blurry vision will go away. Blinking like a mad man because your eyes are so dry, burning with such intense heat from fatigue.

And when that preorder button finally changes from dull gray to bright yellow orange, your heart leaps out of your chest and you immediately click on it. But instead of proceeding on to the next phase of POing, you’re greeted with “Oops, we’ve run into a problem. Try reloading the page!”

So you reload it. Again and again. Every page is the same. “Oops, we’ve run into a problem. Try reloading the page!” Now the time it takes to load is getting longer and longer. The corner tabs of Every window from every vendor has that spinning icon...you begin to panic. You check to see if it’s your internet giving you problems...but no. It wasnt the Internet.

Every website was experiencing high traffic volume.

It’s 3 in the morning. You’re hopped up on nerd rage and nerd adrenaline from being awake for 20 hours. “Why is it so hard to PO this GD toy?”

10 minutes of constantly refreshing, clicking the PO button, you thought your patience has finally paid off when it brings you to the page where your payment information is requested. You thought you’ve finally snagged that Godlike Valkyrie. All of the pain and suffering can end as soon as you enter the last digit of the number behind your card and click “complete order”...

But instead you see “”This item has reached its PO limit and therefore we can’t complete your order”. It’s the same result from the backup vendors you had running in the background.

At that point, you turn off the screen and lay back in bed...your eyes haven’t adjusted to the dark as you stare into the dark abyss...it’s in those quiet rage filled moments your cracked dry lips mutter...

“F*** those scalpers and their bots. And F*** this artificial PO scarcity...and F*** Bandai...”

To answer your question yeah, I’ve been burned a few times hahah!

Last edited:
There have always been limited editions across all collectables (steelbooks, shoes, coins, stamps, just to name some), and there will always be.

I am not here to teach anybody a lesson about psychology. But I understand the idea behind exclusivity. And it's not like people caring about it are kind of "abnormal" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It’s like that somber boat scene in jaws where quint is telling the story...

You don’t understand man. When you’re up in the middle of the night WAY past your bed time constantly clicking every window tab, refreshing the PO pages every 5 seconds hoping to see the dulled out “preorder” icon flash that bright color. Always rubbing your eyes in hopes the blurry vision will go away. Blinking like a mad man because your eyes are so dry, burning with such intense heat from fatigue.

And when that preorder button finally changes from dull gray to bright yellow orange, your heart leaps out of your chest and you immediately click on it. But instead of proceeding on to the next phase of POing, you’re greeted with “Oops, we’ve run into a problem. Try reloading the page!”

So you reload it. Again and again. Every page is the same. “Oops, we’ve run into a problem. Try reloading the page!” Now the time it takes to load is getting longer and longer. The corner tabs of Every window from every vendor has that spinning icon...you begin to panic. You check to see if it’s your internet giving you problems...but no. It wasnt the Internet.

Every website was experiencing high traffic volume.

It’s 3 in the morning. You’re hopped up on nerd rage and nerd adrenaline from being awake for 20 hours. “Why is it so hard to PO this GD toy?”

10 minutes of constantly refreshing, clicking the PO button, you thought your patience has finally paid off when it brings you to the page where your payment information is requested. You thought you’ve finally snagged that Godlike Valkyrie. All of the pain and suffering can end as soon as you enter the last digit of the number behind your card and click “complete order”...

But instead you see “”This item has reached its PO limit and therefore we can’t complete your order”. It’s the same result from the backup vendors you had running in the background.

At that point, you turn off the screen and lay back in bed...your eyes haven’t adjusted to the dark as you stare into the dark abyss...it’s in those quiet rage filled moments your cracked dry lips mutter...

“F*** those scalpers and their bots. And F*** this artificial PO scarcity...and F*** Bandai...”

To answer your question yeah, I’ve been burned a few times hahah!
Just like the old days when I preorder the iphone.. I could fight the bots with my hand!

There have always been limited editions across all collectables (steelbooks, shoes, coins, stamps, just to name some), and there will always be.

I am not here to teach anybody a lesson about psychologic. But I understand the idea behind exclusivity. And it's not like people caring about it are kind of "abnormal" :ROFLMAO:

If someone wants TRUE exclusivity, maybe that person should go hire a freelance artist to craft the figure for thousands of dollars and then have that artist sign a contract forbidding reproduction.

This deluxe set was never going to be the “exclusive” that some are weirdly hoping for. The POs are well into the hundreds, if not, well over a thousand. Don’t forget about the China market people!

Those hoping to be a part of a “300 figure limited run” club....whats the difference between 300 units and 1000 units?

What, the holy numbers “25/1059” that’s printed on the corner of the box is more exciting than the figure itself? So these people paid hundreds just to stare at the low numerical value on the box whilst licking their lips and rubbing their hands? Has it truly come down to that? Where a label with numbers is more alluring? I never understood that mindset. Even if someone owned one that said 2/2000...does the number 2 give that person magic powers? Is there an elite club I’m not privy to? Does it make his d*** (if it’s a male collector of course) grow a few inches? Do I give a s***?

NO.

So once again, what’s the difference between 300 units to 1000 units? That person STILL ISNT the sole owner of that figure. There are still 299/999 figures and owners you gotta account for. Is that person gonna go Conner McLeod on them so they can be the only one??

Reminder, any animosity in this post is NOT directed at anyone in particular.

According to Justin's latest livestreams the pre-order was always going to reopen. The three day window was just for the bonus version with the handcuffs.

Anyone know if that's true? Not that it has any bearing on my excitement for this figure, just curious really.

I've never cared about limited edition or reissues. Doesn't matter to me if 20 other people have the figure or 20,000.

I suppose my only worry if they are doing thousands of the rooted hair version is how it might reduce quality and cause long delays.

Just like the old days when I preorder the iphone.. I could fight the bots with my hand!
Lol

Oh god, I was living in GZ at the time when iPhones were still NOT available there. And when someone had their relative in the states get one for them, they felt Iike they were the hottest s*** in town.

“Oh look at those peasants that don’t own an iPhone. Pffft...what a bunch of losers...”

According to Justin's latest livestreams the pre-order was always going to reopen. The three day window was just for the bonus version with the handcuffs.

Anyone know if that's true? Not that it has any bearing on my excitement for this figure, just curious really.

I've never cared about limited edition or reissues. Doesn't matter to me if 20 other people have the figure or 20,000.

I suppose my only worry if they are doing thousands of the rooted hair version is how it might reduce quality and cause long delays.

That’s my only concern as well. In fact, that should be what everyone should be concerned about. Not this made up “prestigious” number that apparently makes them good in bed.

If someone wants TRUE exclusivity, maybe that person should go hire a freelance artist to craft the figure for thousands of dollars and then have that artist sign a contract forbidding reproduction.

This deluxe set was never going to be the “exclusive” that some are weirdly hoping for. The POs are well into the hundreds, if not, well over a thousand. Don’t forget about the China market people!

Those hoping to be a part of a “300 figure limited run” club....whats the difference between 300 units and 1000 units?

What, the holy numbers “25/1059” that’s printed on the corner of the box is more exciting than the figure itself? So these people paid hundreds just to stare at the low numerical value on the box whilst licking their lips and rubbing their hands? Has it truly come down to that? Where a label with numbers is more alluring? I never understood that mindset. Even if someone owned one that said 2/2000...does the number 2 give that person magic powers? Is there an elite club I’m not privy to? Does it make his d*** (if it’s a male collector of course) grow a few inches? Do I give a s***?

NO.

So once again, what’s the difference between 300 units to 1000 units? That person STILL ISNT the sole owner of that figure. There are still 299/999 figures and owners you gotta account for. Is that person gonna go Conner McLeod on them so they can be the only one??

Reminder, any animosity in this post is NOT directed at anyone in particular.

This is actually the really point here. None of the Hot Toys or Inart figures was meant to be limited. It's a false expectation of the collectors themselves, misled by the high price tag or the pre-order window probably. I don't know.

Ok so you don't care about exclusivity. That's fine. But some do. That's fine by me, too. And we are not talking about people wanting to make profit with it (well, I'm sure some do :)).

And yes, for those who care, there IS a difference between 300 and 1000 units. Rarity is defined by the quantity. I came from a steelbook collectors community. It's normal there. You will laugh: some like to collect number 001. Some like 999. Some like 111, 222, 333 and so on.
Yes, we don't have the same "obsession", but they have their reasons, and I don't criticize them.

Last edited:
Again, as I’ve said earlier, I got my order in, so I couldn’t care less about QS taking more orders. If they need to do that to have sufficient volume so they can afford to deliver without cutting corners, that’s even better.

That said, there was a whole lot of extra noise made implying that QS was reopening the run to make amends to some wronged collectors. In fact, it was implied that TW engaged in questionable sales practices and had their orders cancelled. Given that TW currently has this for sale, I have to conclude that it was just completely made up.

It absolutely rubs me the wrong way that a supposedly open and consumer engaging company would feel the need to engage in supporting such an extravagant story for something that really doesn’t matter. After all, when someone doesn’t tell the truth about something small, how can you trust them to do it when it’s something big?

And no, I’m not canceling my preorder, nor do I feel that my NRD should be returned. IMO, this hasn’t reached the threshold of a breach of the sales contract. I just don’t have the same level of trust in QS that I had before all of this self-inflicted drama.

Where was the proof to any of this though? I have yet to see QS issue a public statement so you running these assumptions and forming a judgement is pre-mature at best.

Collectors are a special breed of entitled, nobody forced you to pay that NRD you payed it because you wanted to, if Queen opened POs again, for whatever reason it might be, I don't see how your order is affected, maybe they want to maximize their profits since the initital sales outperformed everyone's expectations, they're a business after all not your buddy, perhaps it really has something to do with a certain retailer messing up the sales numbers, or they're just really generous and want to give others a chance to get the rooted versions, what is the difference between pre-ordering then or now, do you want to feel special is that it? Guess what nothing is special, we collect chunks of plastic that will decay just like everything on this earth, us included, you're way better off than most if you can drop an NRD for a toy that costs over $1000 or pay for it upfront, regardless of date, so just enjoy your lives instead of complaining about dumb ********.

Everyone gets the bonus handcuffs with all 3 versions, no matter when did you submit your preorder

You can assume it's just a late add on parts to the Joker figure

Where was the proof to any of this though? I have yet to see QS issue a public statement so you running these assumptions and forming a judgement is pre-mature at best.

Are you seriously wanting me to respond to this, or is this what you want to stick with? If you bother to read the posts a a few pages back, you may feel otherwise.

Let’s put it this way if they had a certain projection in mind to sell in order to either at minimum break even or more likely make x figures to get y profit, and orders came in lighter, I should hope they reopen po’s.

With that in mind they were probably always planning to make a certain minimum amount of figures regardless meaning the “rarity” level was always going to be what it was going to be.

We need these guys to turn a profit and be successful so they can continue their journey in 1:6 ultra quality, hot toys killer, products.

Hopefully it’s a lesson for them though for future launches on how to handle PO windows.

This is actually the really point here. None of the Hot Toys or Inart figures was meant to be limited. It's a false expectation of the collectors themselves, misled by the high price tag or the pre-order window probably. I don't know.

Ok so you don't care about exclusivity. That's fine. But some do. That's fine by me, too. And we are not talking about people wanting to make profit with it (well, I'm sure some do :)).

And yes, for those who care, there IS a difference between 300 and 1000 units. Rarity is defined by the quantity. I came from a steelbook collectors community. It's normal there. You will laugh: some like to collect number 001. Some like 999. Some like 111, 222, 333 and so on.
Yes, we don't have the same "obsession", but they have their reasons, and I don't criticize them.

The only time rarity/exclusivity makes any lick of sense is when it’s personally autographed by the creator. When available, I collect steelbooks as well. Only because it looks cool and feels nice to own, NOT because they are fewer in numbers.

And let me take a step back and admit that I may have went a bit far with my criticisms of that mentality. There are those that innocently and genuinely find value in something like owning a 5/500 item. I have no issues with that.

What I DO have issues with are the gatekeepers like the aforementioned entitled man children that think they are the “chosen” few that should bare any right to owning a particular piece. It’s essentially like a spoiled selfish toddler in a day care center that hogs every available toy and will kick and scream if you try and take one away from him.

“Bobby, we need to share these toys with your friends...”

“Nnnnnnnno!”

THINK ABOUT THAT. The actions of these “grown ups” are similar to the actions of a friggin toddler.

I can’t imagine ANY woman or significant other (that’s already accepting of their partner spending 5 bills on a toy) finding that behavior as desirable.

“Oh baby, I love it when you furiously type your angry post about how it’s unfair that QS re-opened POs for the joker. Ooh clack harder! Yeah do a your mother joke! Oh baby TYPE FASTER, HARDER!”

*furiously rubs temples in disdain*

Back