1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply can't give all the credit to TDK Joker's lasting legacy to Ledger, Nolan or the film itself. As amazing as this version was, it's still a character with an 80 year legacy behind him. He was already immensely popular long before The Dark Knight, and of course Ledger's Joker remains in the conversation when we've never gone three years without some other piece of Joker media since, be it a video game or a TV show or a movie. Whenever another actor slaps on the white makeup, that's just another excuse to reminisce about Heath Ledger.

Jared leto’s joker....lol

Popular character with 80 years worth of legacy...if the actor chosen to don the suit and hair...it has to be right.

To date the most memorable versions of the joker were romero, Nicholson, hamill, and Ledger.

Leto SHOULDVE BEEN GOOD...he’s played quirky characters before, is a fine actor...but his choice in portraying joker was....yeah, it wasn’t to my liking. He was a bit better in ZSJL...but it wasn’t enough for me to consider him anywhere close to the legends.

Imagine getting Ledger's Joker with Pattinson Batman. I can see it working so much more with that world, Especially if his Joker went from the face paint to the birth disease idea Matt Reeves has for his joker but the overall look stayed somewhat the same as the TDK. Though I agree Heath Ledger Joker sells, that's why we have a bunch of custom pieces. Joaquin Phoenix Joker is great but in terms of Joker who had his moment in a Batman movie, Heath is remembered for his preformance, and I actually think he has surpassed Jack Nicholson in some way.

Popular character with 80 years worth of legacy...if the actor chosen to don the suit and hair...it has to be right.

To date the most memorable versions of the joker were romero, Nicholson, hamill, and Ledger.

Leto SHOULDVE BEEN GOOD...he’s played quirky characters before, is a fine actor...but his choice in portraying joker was....yeah, it wasn’t to my liking. He was a bit better in ZSJL...but it wasn’t enough for me to consider him anywhere close to the legends.
I’ve come to find Leto insufferable. He’s the low point of anything he’s been in recently IMO, though only BR2049 and Suicide Squad stand out to me.

I think he’s just too caught up in his own cult of personality to really pretend to be someone else.

Heath is remembered for his preformance, and I actually think he has surpassed Jack Nicholson in some way.

Yeah, Nolan and Ledger really reinvented the Joker in a way we'd never seen before. Now the flood gates are open.

Nicholson played the Joker very much the way we all expected him to; within the comic-Romero range.

Patman meeting Ledger would be fun. Ledger does fit that world. He will happily share the shelf with The Riddler and Patman on my shelf... since I really don't like Bale.

Yeah, Nolan and Ledger really reinvented the Joker in away we'd never seen before. Now the flood gates are open.

Nicholson played the Joker very much the way we all expected him to; within the comic-Romero range.
Idk, I thought it was more in the Nicholson-Nicholson range.

Well, obviously, simply being called the Joker isn't enough to propel you to iconic legendary status. What I was getting at was more like, is it really fair to compare Ledger Joker to new characters that both didn't have the pre-built legacy and have no reason to stay relevant to the conversation beyond their one or two appearances?

I barely check Facebook and I go there and there and people in collector groups are saying wild stuff like the 1/4 Joker sculpt from Hot Toys is better thans this!🤣 And that this will suck, DX11 is better, etc. I mean everyone is free to like what they want but it definitely feels like some people desperately want this release to crash and burn and it's just sad to see.

It's so strange when collectors act like their outdated dolls are better than clearly superior figures. Same thing happened with the new Godfather figures. They act like those toys are their children.

I own both the DX01 and 11, and have no problem saying this figure...or the prototype is superior in every single way. Does that mean I think the DX1 and dx11 suck? No, they're still good figures, just dated.

Last edited:
Top bold: what?

Bottom bold: But he did with Bane. Could have been Joker. Sometimes, less is more.

TDKR came out the same year as the avengers no? It wasn’t until after MOS that WB tasked Snyder to fast track a JL movie. There really wasn’t much Studio interference with the TDK trilogy.

And agree to disagree. I don’t think Nolan screwed up the finale with bane. If the main villain was joker, it would’ve been a completely different movie. Well, I think it would’ve been a different movie. Was “no mans land” the inspiration from the beginning? Who knows.

I simply can't give all the credit to TDK Joker's lasting legacy to Ledger, Nolan or the film itself. As amazing as this version was, it's still a character with an 80 year legacy behind him. He was already immensely popular long before The Dark Knight, and of course Ledger's Joker remains in the conversation when we've never gone three years without some other piece of Joker media since, be it a video game or a TV show or a movie. Whenever another actor slaps on the white makeup, that's just another excuse to reminisce about Heath Ledger.
I sort of disagree, I've seen and known so many people who don't give a crap about comics or the legacy of the joker completely enthralled by Ledger's performance, I remember one guy who made fun of me for collecting dollies was completely blown away by TDK when it came out and became a huge Joker fan and bought his first figure because of it, the Joker, I've seen Ledger's Joker graffitis on the most unlikely places, I've seen kids wearing Joker shirts and dressing up as him for carnival and halloween in the past years, I'm not saying Romero, Nicholson, Hamill and Phoenix didn't contribute to the legacy of the joker, their performances are obviously iconic in their own right but Ledger completely made the role his own and became a worldwide pop culture icon and the face of the character, it's his face I see when I think of the Joker and I'm sure it applies to many others as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, Nolan and Ledger really reinvented the Joker in a way we'd never seen before. Now the flood gates are open.

I love both performances from the two. But ledger just stood out for me when I saw the film in theaters back in 2008, That same year I started High school. Lol since then I knew that no matter who was recasted as The Joker in the future would have to reach or go over the bar set by Heath.

TDKR came out the same year as the avengers no? It wasn’t until after MOS that WB tasked Snyder to fast track a JL movie. There really wasn’t much Studio interference with the TDK trilogy.

And agree to disagree. I don’t think Nolan screwed up the finale with bane. If the main villain was joker, it would’ve been a completely different movie. Well, I think it would’ve been a different movie. Was “no mans land” the inspiration from the beginning? Who knows.
TDK came out in 2008. Lol Avengers was 2012.

Well, obviously, simply being called the Joker isn't enough to propel you to iconic legendary status. What I was getting at was more like, is it really fair to compare Ledger Joker to new characters that both didn't have the pre-built legacy and have no reason to stay relevant to the conversation beyond their one or two appearances?
Yeah it isn’t fair. I agree. Which is why I stand firm in believing that bane was a terrific villain...but his act followed after ledgers joker. It’s unfair to compare.

You’re right IMO. He didn’t screw anything up. Bane from Rises has probably still had more social impact and stayed in the general public’s conscience more than most villains since.

Most of the people who complain about him just didn’t like the voice or that he worked with Talia because that somehow makes him “weak” or “less of a man”. I think there’s probably a lot of overlap with the crowd that didn’t like Furiosa in Fury Road…

I just think it’s funny there’s a small group that act like that character was a failure when 1. The movie was crazy popular and still is and 2. That interpretation of the character is still what most people think of when you say Bane.

You’re right IMO. He didn’t screw anything up. Bane from Rises has probably still had more social impact and stayed in the general public’s conscience more than most villains since.

Most of the people who complain about him just didn’t like the voice or that he worked with Talia because that somehow makes him “weak” or “less of a man”. I think there’s probably a lot of overlap with the crowd that didn’t like Furiosa in Fury Road…

I just think it’s funny there’s a small group that act like that character was a failure when 1. The movie was crazy popular and still is and 2. That interpretation of the character is still what most people think of when you say Bane.
I really enjoyed Bane... Up until they revealed Talia as the mastermind and killed him off like nothing, that really pissed me off.

Imagine getting Ledger's Joker with Pattinson Batman. I can see it working so much more with that world, Especially if his Joker went from the face paint to the birth disease idea Matt Reeves has for his joker but the overall look stayed somewhat the same as the TDK. Though I agree Heath Ledger Joker sells, that's why we have a bunch of custom pieces. Joaquin Phoenix Joker is great but in terms of Joker who had his moment in a Batman movie, Heath is remembered for his preformance, and I actually think he has surpassed Jack Nicholson in some way.
Agreed. As much as I love TDK, Bale's Batman just never seemed quite iconic or mythic enough to match up with a Joker as great as Ledger's. And I think Pattinson's more mysterious and haunted Batman would have been a much more interesting one to watch interact with him.

Back