1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I considered him. But is he...great? I mean, truly great. Are people walking around, imitating him, saying his lines, wanting to be him? I'm not sure the MCU's greatest villain rises to that level.

So that's why I asked. Is Ledger's Joker really the last great villain we've had? We're so overdue.
In pop culture I would say yes.

....holy crap.

Either I’m not thinking hard enough, or it’s really hard to come up with a villain post ledger.

Nah man, there has to be one but we’re just not digging deep enough.

That's what I'm saying. It's been 14 years. There has to be someone.

But I thought, Thanos, The Riddler, a couple other MCU villains, Star Wars, but there was nothing that jumped out like Ledger does.

So see, our dollie is important. Tell your wife.

I think Bane counts.

Many imitated his speech patterns and mannerisms. Hell there was a whole South Park episode revolving around that.

But when you put him next to the joker...well, it’s not fair. Many will pick ledger without really considering bane.

Maybe Hans Landa and Anton Chigurh?
Chigurh is 2007.

Landa.... meh. Waltz.

I think Bane --

avengers-son-just-dont.gif

This is just the result of TV becoming a more popular medium for anything that isn't a giant blockbuster. There have been plenty of iconic villains in the TV sphere in the last decade. The entire cast of Breaking Bad, half the cast of Game of Thrones. Probably Negan, he's in Tekken for some reason lol.

I think Negan was pretty popular when he arrived onto The Walking Dead and then that show immediatly went donwhill.

I think as far as video games go, Vaas Montenegro is the closest thing you'll get to Ledger's Joker, he stole every scene he was in, Michael Mando did a great job making the character his own.

I really enjoyed the return of Dafoe's Goblin but yeah I don't think anyone can match Ledger, that performance transcended everything that came before and after it.
I really liked Dafoes Goblin as well for No Way Home. He's essentially what pushes Hollands Spider-Man to have his character arc.

Teaches him that he can't have his cake and eat it too. Results in Holland making that sacrifice in the end.

main-qimg-b82cf187e63a001f1a0825214783c005

I loved the villains in Game of Thrones -- Cersei, Ramsey, Ser Gregor, Littlefinger, etc -- but I'm not sure they rise to the level of Darth Vader or Joker. Perhaps for a flash of time, a few years during the shows height... like Ben in LOST. But its seems to have fizzled. Yet, here we are spending a grand on Ledger.

I'm talking the kind of Villain who makes the BEST Villains of All Time Lists Top 10.. and stays there. Hans Gruber is still there by the way.

Back