1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, as morbid as it sounds, Ledger's tragic passing ultimately helped propell his performance to legendary status, what would have happened if TDKR happened with Joker and it sucked? Ledger's performance will be forever preserved in that one movie, nobody will ever be able to touch it or alter it or bring the character back and ruin him somehow, he won't show up for multiverse cashgrabs, The Dark Knight is it, his time capsule, we'll all be dead and people will still be dressing up as him for conventions and Halloween parties, and future collectors will be buying new Ledger figures.

The Batman is my favourite take on the character now, much more so than Nolan's, but no villain comes close to Ledger's Joker. Riddler is probably my favourite since but still not really in the same ball park.

what would have happened if TDKR happened with Joker and it sucked?
I say this all the time. The tragedy is the best thing that could have happened to the iteration of the character. It can't be tarnished. He can't come back in 10-20 years to "do it again" like other actors. All of them.

The Batman is my favourite take on the character now, much more so than Nolan's, but no villain comes close to Ledger's Joker. Riddler is probably my favourite since but still not really in the same ball park.
I love the new Riddler take. I would like to put him on the list, but I just don't think he makes the cut. His performance is maybe too real, too "of today". Plus he didn't have too much time without that bloody mask to really elaborate on who he was. We really got to know Ledger's Joker's beliefs and ideals, lies or not.

hey Bane was awesome, but like i said, it’s unfair to compare him to the joker.

Another I can think of is Walter white and Gustavo fring.
Bane was ruined with that silly plot twist unfortunately, his voice as meme worthy as well but I still enjoyed him well enough.

I think Walt applies more to main characters/anti-heroes, Gus was a great villain but he didn't have the same cultural impact Ledger's Joker did, nobody has so far really.

Breaking Bad has fantastic characters in general, but the show doesn't really transition to exciting collectibles. That's fine, the creators didn't make it to sell toys.

I'd still spend big bucks on them though. Have all the 3Z stuff, and their two-pack is hitting like $1k now.

Ledger Joker is right up there with Darth Vader to me. Characters like Thanos, Loki, Pennywise, and Negan come close but they’re not really in the same league.

I would put Riddler with Davy Jones and Thanos -- great, but not transcendent.

Was Walter White a villain?

Fring... again, like Ben Linus or Cersei Lannister. A pop villain for a flash of time. Love them all, but not quite there.

Look, we'd all know it if there was one that stood out since Ledger. It would be on the tip of our tongue immediately. There's been a lot of great villains... but no one's spending a grand on 1/6th Fring, Bane, Cersei or Riddler.

Fring... again, like Ben Linus or Cersei Lannister. A pop villain for a flash of time. Love them all, but not quite there.

Look, we'd all know it if there was one that stood out since Ledger. It would be on the tip of our tongue immediately. There's been a lot of great villains... but no one's spending a grand on 1/6th Fring, Bane, Cersei or Riddler.
Exactly, all those villains are great in their own right but I think Ledger will never be topped, even people that didn't like TDK agree that he was the best part of the movie, it's one of the few performances that can be defined as transcendent.

Bane was ruined with that silly plot twist unfortunately, his voice as meme worthy as well but I still enjoyed him well enough.

I think Walt applies more to main characters/anti-heroes, Gus was a great villain but he didn't have the same cultural impact Ledger's Joker did, nobody has so far really.

Yeah, Walter was most definitely a villain. Anti heroes don’t poison children and manipulate family and friends to attain power. He may have started out as a tragic character, but after a certain point, he definitely turned all the way.

It all comes down to this: there have been many great, scary and fun villains that came out post TDK. BUT due to the fact it’s the joker with ledgers unique take on the character...it truly made for a memorable and legendary performance. Many will argue that his untimely death had a part in making that legendary status...but I disagree.

Nicholson’s joker was legendary up until ledgers performance. Nicholson was still alive last I checked...so...yeah, I don’t think ledgers death had any part in making his joker so memorable.

Anyway, I agree that while many great villains have come out post TDK...it’s still tough to top the joker. It was just that good.

Ledger's death may not have aided in making his take any more popular, but it certainly kept it from being dismantled by a 2nd appearance in TDKR or other possible miserable appearances he may have had to endure with WB.

I barely check Facebook and I go there and there and people in collector groups are saying wild stuff like the 1/4 Joker sculpt from Hot Toys is better thans this!🤣 And that this will suck, DX11 is better, etc. I mean everyone is free to like what they want but it definitely feels like some people desperately want this release to crash and burn and it's just sad to see.

I think his Joker would have had the same huge impact even if he hadn't died, since it was just so original, but there's no doubt his death made it into something even more timeless and iconic.

Gotta say though, I'm still a massive fan of Nicholson's Joker as well, and would rank him a very close second to Ledger's.

Yeah I never took his death into account when viewing TDK or his performance. It's a role that Ledger completely lost himself in, for better or worse, and it 100% shows.

You watch the movie and his performance and you don't see Ledger at all. You just see a character that you completely believe is real in the context of the movie. That's like the highest goal that an actor/actress can achieve for the audience. It feels like Nolan filmed an actual person who is the Joker in real life, not some actor playing the character.

I was watching clips the other day and it's crazy how you just completely believe his entire performance. Nothing about it is cringy, silly, corny or cheesy. None of it takes you out of the movie. You fully believe it from start to finish.

Like you watch The Batman and it's no doubt a great movie. I liked it a lot but there is always a part of you that thinks, "Yup, that's Robert Pattingson playing Bruce Wayne/Batman."

You watch TDK and just think "Yup, that's the Joker."

Last edited:
I barely check Facebook and I go there and there and people in collector groups are saying wild stuff like the 1/4 Joker sculpt from Hot Toys is better thans this!🤣 And that this will suck, DX11 is better, etc. I mean everyone is free to like what they want but it definitely feels like some people desperately want this release to crash and burn and it's just sad to see.
Classic confirmation bias, they just want to continue believing what ever they already have is the best.

I simply can't give all the credit to TDK Joker's lasting legacy to Ledger, Nolan or the film itself. As amazing as this version was, it's still a character with an 80 year legacy behind him. He was already immensely popular long before The Dark Knight, and of course Ledger's Joker remains in the conversation when we've never gone three years without some other piece of Joker media since, be it a video game or a TV show or a movie. Whenever another actor slaps on the white makeup, that's just another excuse to reminisce about Heath Ledger.

Ledger's death may not have aided in making his take any more popular, but it certainly kept it from being dismantled by a 2nd appearance in TDKR or other possible miserable appearances he may have had to endure with WB.
Hmmm...I don’t quite agree with that. You gotta remember, when TDKR came out, WB weren’t chasing after that marvel money yet. So there wouldn’t have been much studio interference.

I love TDKR. And had ledger not passed away, I’m sure I would’ve loved THAT version of TDKR just as much, maybe even more so because we get to see ledger reprise the role. I can’t imagine a timeline where Nolan Would screw up the finale with a joker in it.

Looking at the InArt Facebook page is pretty funny lol. Scrolling through requests for 2014 RoboCop or Scarlet Johannsen Ghost in the Shell

Hmmm...I don’t quite agree with that. You gotta remember, when TDKR came out, WB weren’t chasing after that marvel money yet. So there wouldn’t have been much studio interference.

I love TDKR. And had ledger not passed away, I’m sure I would’ve loved THAT version of TDKR just as much, maybe even more so because we get to see ledger reprise the role. I can’t imagine a timeline where Nolan Would screw up the finale with a joker in it.
Top bold: what?

Bottom bold: But he did with Bane. Could have been Joker. Sometimes, less is more.

Back