1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the silicone glass eyes and dentures crowd, if they wanted to cause a sensation why not come out the gates with a seemless hulk with all the bells and whistles , something that can really show what they can do thats out of the capabilities of even hot toys, the joker is nice but a bit blahh
Because no one is touching 1/6 Marvel/Disney figures besides Hot Toys for a very long time, if ever.

Also as played out as TDK Joker is, it says something about Hot Toys when they still have yet to capture his likeness after doing 5-6 figures of him. At least Queen looks to be able to nail it on their first try in this scale. Hot Toys has just failed with Ledgers Joker time after time, which is why there has been millions of custom outfit and sculpt runs done for him.

4BDeqWr.jpg

Last edited:
I dont mean to nitpick but with a character like ledger joker, that has been done piles and piles of times in 1/6 if they aren't making the best version we've ever seen I'm just not interested. The picture with the jacket on looks very much like 1/4 enterbay version.

It seems like there has been 100s of artists that have attempted to make this coat in 1/6 and only one of them has looked accurate. The material just never hangs correctly, or its too puffy, or the shoulders are wrong, or the collar is wrong. It's the most elusive 1/6 item in the hobby. The only good jacket was made by JND and he only made one of them for a collector and refuses to make any more. SO FRUSTRATING.

1646883106089.png

I'm also not sure about the headsculpts. They are shown from weird angles so the jury is still out. From what they are showing the the underlying sculpt doesn't look as good as a lot of the customs though.
1646883281852.png

The 1/4 statue still looks to be the overall king in terms of ledger joker likeness in any scale. The sculpt, the jacket, the pose, the high shoulders, it's all A++. I was hoping they would just scale it down verbatim and release it in 1/6. Not sure why they didn't to be honest.

Even after having seen a billion Joker customs, Queens version still looks pretty damn impressive to me.

The tailoring on the coat looks like Yunsil/IRIS/Toribox quality, if not better with how thin, sharp and properly fitted it is to the body compared to the rest.

It all just comes down to how Queen prices these figures (and produces them) since the outfit alone would probably sell for $600-$1000 if this was some custom run. Certainly better than that thick fluffy bath robe Hot Toys has been doing.

QueensStudio/Yunsil/IRIS/Toribox comparison:

LITnZNJ.png
VRPRrjf.jpg

Ot1yTmE.jpg
mL8lxsJ.jpg

thats unfair comparison, you are comparing queens proto with the actual stuff people are getting from kato / toribox.

its 100% guaranteed that you will not get that kind of quality for mass produced items.

thats unfair comparison, you are comparing queens proto with the actual stuff people are getting from kato / toribox.

its 100% guaranteed that you will not get that kind of quality for mass produced items.
I don't see why not, other than the hair application and paint job everything else is produced the same way. It's just about getting the correct material and correct pattern for a coat and a sculpt is a sculpt.

My comparison has more to do with Hot Toys ability to miss the likeness on Ledgers Joker than whatever production quality they put out with the outfit.

Hot Toys has sculpted his face about 5 times now? Maybe even more if I'm missing anything. They've done DX01, Bank Robber, Bank Robber 2.0, DX11 and a 1/4 QS Joker. All of them have missed the mark in my opinion. And yes while Queens sculpt will also not be perfect and the production quality is unknown, it already looks to have a better likeness and base foundation in the prototype than whatever Hot Toys has put out till now for Ledger.

My post isn't even meant to be a specific bash on Hot Toys. It's more so a response to the original poster saying that Joker has been overdone. He's been overdone in the customs department because Hot Toys has yet to nail it after 5 attempts so you have a million artists out there trying to fill in that gap. QueenStudio is coming in trying to do the same but on a mass production scale without having to pay $700+ for just one sculpt.

I’m excited about the competition too. The last time Hot Toys had competition we got the QS001 which IMO is still their best and most complete figure.

I agree that The Batman release seems it was designed with the knowledge they would have competition. It’s one of the most complete single releases they have made in the last decade. There are still things I think could be better though and I’m excited to potentially own and compare the different competing versions.

I’m still excited for the DX19/QS019 and any improvements they may have but would gladly buy a superior competitor if their rerelease is a harbinger of more competition.

The only person I feel bad for in all of this is Asmus who I feel was really trying their hardest but just couldn’t quite get to definitive status. Unfortunately despite their hard work I feel they won’t be able to keep up with any serious competition. Maybe they can focus on soldier and orc characters and let the competition tackle the difficult human likenesses.

Regardless, this is the most exciting this hobby has been since I started collecting a couple years ago.
I wouldn’t get too excited yet since all the main players and factories are probably having group meetings discussing price fixing as we speak lol

2 words that don’t exist in China….Attorney General lol

If any Queen 1/6th figure is going to be good, it will be their initial 1/6th offering to prove themselves.

This will be the 1/6th Ledger Joker to have.

HT's first ever DX was Ledger Joker. TDK also put HT on the map. History might be repeating itself.

Also, I hope this joker has screen accurate socks. It's about time after 14 years.

I wonder, we’ve seen it from Beast Kingdom, but considering the caliber of products coming out of companies like Queen, Prime1/Blitzway, and JND, in terms of not only licenses, but the sheer cost/production of their items, are any of these guys liquid enough to nab the Batman ‘89 license and the Nicholson Joker likeness rights? I’d love to see it.

By the answers from Queen Studios in his last post on Instagram it has been confirmed that his releases will not be available worldwide.

They can be quite good figures but if we have to pay more to a reseller or something, then this will be way overpriced.

Sad!

Last edited:
Damn just what I feared. Won't be to bad for this one since it's small, but shipping the batmobile.....

I wonder, we’ve seen it from Beast Kingdom, but considering the caliber of products coming out of companies like Queen, Prime1/Blitzway, and JND, in terms of not only licenses, but the sheer cost/production of their items, are any of these guys liquid enough to nab the Batman ‘89 license and the Nicholson Joker likeness rights? I’d love to see it.
I hope so. It would a shame if all we ever have is the Hot Toys figures. Not that they're bad, but it would be nice to have an updated version of each.
By the answers from Queen Studios in his last post on Instagram it's has been confirmed that his releases will not be available worldwide.

They can be quite good figures but if we have to pay more to a reseller or something, then this will be way overpriced.

Sad!
That's what I figured. I asked them when the 1/4 Joker was revealed and they told me they don't have distribution rights in the US, but they were "working on it." Considering nothing has changed since then, guess that was either a filler response or they just can't since Hot Toys has those rights.

I hope so. It would a shame if all we ever have is the Hot Toys figures. Not that they're bad, but it would be nice to have an updated version of each.

That's what I figured. I asked them when the 1/4 Joker was revealed and they told me they don't have distribution rights in the US, but they were "working on it." Considering nothing has changed since then, guess that was either a filler response or they just can't since Hot Toys has those rights.
I still hold out hope we can get a Keaton Batman at some point with an accurate suit construction and the poseability to boot.

By the answers from Queen Studios in his last post on Instagram it has been confirmed that his releases will not be available worldwide.

Sad!
That's not what they said at all. They said certain figures will be region based, not that their entire 1/6 line is doomed for worldwide release. :slap

critical-role-crit-role.gif

Now you're all going to feel what I feel when I pay for a figure with ~100€ shipping and ~30% in taxes.

But kidding aside, I hope they find a loophole or something and they're all made available everywhere. It sucks missing out on something purely because of distribution. Maybe start looking for places that carry their products and ship worldwide, just to be sure. You'd still have eat the taxes and shipping though.

The first thing I asked them when their tease came up about entering 1/6th was will they be doing Star Wars?
Their response was that they didn't have the license to,but are always looking to expand.

😮😮😮😮
I hope we're looking at HT 2.0 in the making here. I asked them about comic-based Marvel figures, and they said the Marvel license is trickier, but they could ask. I want them to get more licenses so that they can put out some grails from all over, but I hope this isn't going to turn to another mass-produced, assembly line of background extras from [Hot Property] over true icons in next-level quality. I'd kill for comic-based Doom and Kang, a Vertigo Lucifer, next to an Indy, a Hannibal and a Paul Atreides and a Vader, but I don't want them to be doing a 2K Juggernaut over a Ryan Gosling Driver. They should be focusing more on the latter kind of figure and property. They need the popular ones to stay afloat, but there has to be a balance.

My comparison has more to do with Hot Toys ability to miss the likeness on Ledgers Joker than whatever production quality they put out with the outfit.

Hot Toys has sculpted his face about 5 times now? Maybe even more if I'm missing anything. They've done DX01, Bank Robber, Bank Robber 2.0, DX11 and a 1/4 QS Joker. All of them have missed the mark in my opinion. And yes while Queens sculpt will also not be perfect and the production quality is unknown, it already looks to have a better likeness and base foundation in the prototype than whatever Hot Toys has put out till now for Ledger.

My post isn't even meant to be a specific bash on Hot Toys. It's more so a response to the original poster saying that Joker has been overdone. He's been overdone in the customs department because Hot Toys has yet to nail it after 5 attempts so you have a million artists out there trying to fill in that gap. QueenStudio is coming in trying to do the same but on a mass production scale without having to pay $700+ for just one sculpt.
Hot Toys never nailed Arnie and there hasn't been 40 different customizers trying to rectify that situation. There's always been a unique kind of obsession about Heath Ledger Joker (and Bale Batman)

Hot Toys never nailed Arnie and there hasn't been 40 different customizers trying to rectify that situation. There's always been a unique kind of obsession about Heath Ledger Joker (and Bale Batman)
Man I would LOVE a T2 Arnie. I've sold every version from HT as I eventually grew tired of it not being as good as I would want it for such an iconic character.

I don't see why not, other than the hair application and paint job everything else is produced the same way. It's just about getting the correct material and correct pattern for a coat and a sculpt is a sculpt.
were you around during the dx11 announcement and actual production?

everyone were pumped and excited when HT announced that kato will be in charge for the tailoring. HT paid him handsomely for his service. Many who got his original hand made was kinda pissed off. But when the actual production were released, they were night and day lol.

Back