1/6 Hot Toys -VGM53- Jedi Survivor (Video Game): Scout Trooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly doubt they make him.
url.gif

Another lazy figure. At least start with the main character ffs Hot Toys :slap

This just seems really weird to me. A scout trooper armed with a stun baton thing that fights in melee distance just feels very off and un-scout like.
Why a scout in this role and not another trooper?
Anyway, even though I love scout troopers, this is a very easy no thanks from me.

I hope this means we're getting Cal and others. I can't see myself buying this otherwise personally

Yep. Hot Toys possibly used this repainted/retooled Scout as a mean to fulfill a licencing contract obligation. In other words, i'll believe we a get a Cal Kestis when it goes up for PO. until then, this Scout will not enter the collection.

This just seems really weird to me. A scout trooper armed with a stun baton thing that fights in melee distance just feels very off and un-scout like.
Anyway, even though I love scout troopers, this is a very easy no thanks from me.
Cause it’s a video game and they’re a canon fodder enemy.

been playing a couple of hours on PS5, such a great game. The atmosphere, cinematic choreography , music, lightsaber intensity...felt like watching ROTS all over again. But I agree with the overall consensus here that the concept of using Scout as melee class is kinda dumb.

No thanks. Andor or something good from RotJ, otherwise forget it. Too many good releases from even 3rd party now, this won’t cut it from SW these days.

I love the series but yeah, that always struck me as weird as well.

They designed a new Flametrooper but chose not to come up with a new grunt melee class. Which could’ve been another Stormtrooper variant, but they got most of the ranged roles.

Scout Troopers should be, well, scouts; out of sight and snipers when needed. In my head I’m like, damn it people use your blaster rifles! It worked before!

FAAFAB1F-B6D7-4736-84EB-7DEF67289DB2.gif

I won’t lie, I actually like this. It’ll be cool to have a Scout Commander to pose with my Remnant Scouts and he has some pretty unique accessories.

That being said, HT would be a fool to skip Cal Kestis. Hell, they’re even making a BD droid. I’d have to believe that we will see him.

I won’t lie, I actually like this. It’ll be cool to have a Scout Commander to pose with my Remnant Scouts and he has some pretty unique accessories.

That being said, HT would be a fool to skip Cal Kestis. Hell, they’re even making a BD droid. I’d have to believe that we will see him.

Agreed. Cal would be a great figure. And at least one companion figure like Merrin would be great.

If it’s all trooper and droid variants, it’ll be very disappointing even though I like troopers and droids.

This is a cool figure. But it would’ve been better as the second or third figure in the line at least.

I think if they were doing a Cal figure they would have had him teased in the product shots for this like they've done with other stuff (where he's almost off screen and blurry). Wouldn't expect it. Remember they gave us absolutely nothing from Andor

I think if they were doing a Cal figure they would have had him teased in the product shots for this like they've done with other stuff (where he's almost off screen and blurry). Wouldn't expect it. Remember they gave us absolutely nothing from Andor

They don’t tend to do that that often though. Since it can detract from the announced figure as people try to zoom-and-enhance the blurry cryptid sighting and focus on that instead. :lol

Andor is a separate issue. Licensees would’ve had no indication that the show would be as amazing as it is and whatever material they got probably didn’t make it look very toyetic.

Survivor is a sequel so more of a known quantity. The series and characters already have a following from Fallen Order as well. It’s also a lot more openly toyetic and has stronger marketing and merch support accordingly.

And the fact that this figure exists shows they’re not just ignoring the series like Andor.

I’m not saying Cal is going to happen for sure, but I wouldn’t rule it out.

Last edited:
Easy pass. Cal kestis would be a def purchase but these random trooper variants are dull

Back