1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys
Can some one please confirm I this has double jointed knees and elbows ? Or just single ?
Thank you

I think you guys were comparing sizes between batman, MOS Superman and AOU Captain America. Here is a pic of Batman and friends:

View attachment 194863

Bumping this photo for this page, as it's a FAQ on here. Thanks for the size reference photo!

Hey guys
Can some one please confirm I this has double jointed knees and elbows ? Or just single ?
Thank you

Both double, if I'm not mistaken :)

I just got mine today. One of my favorite figures now. Very loose ankles but he will be on a stand always so not much of a concern for me.

sOV3cir.jpg

As much as I like this figure, I do find it interesting that everyone is ok with him being so much bigger than MOS Supes, yet still posing them together on the shelf. On the SSC Superman thread, that was such an issue....
But wow, does he look mean!!!

Have to call SS for a replacement fig. Took batman out the case for a quick look over and there's a black stain in upper groin area from the stand. Be careful guys..

Have to call SS for a replacement fig. Took batman out the case for a quick look over and there's a black stain in upper groin area from the stand. Be careful guys..

So they won't replace ankles so they stand on their own but we're supposed to use a stand that stains our figures. Guess I should check mine when I get home.

As much as I like this figure, I do find it interesting that everyone is ok with him being so much bigger than MOS Supes, yet still posing them together on the shelf. On the SSC Superman thread, that was such an issue....
But wow, does he look mean!!!

Well it's two seperate licenses. So they where never designed to be from the same universe. But they look fantastic anyway. He's a big figure. But he's not hulk big.

2015-07-08 17.01.41.jpg

I was able to take a pic. This is from the figure stand. You can't notice unless you are really looking for it, but i now it's there so I'm pissed now

Got mine yesterday. As mentioned already, the suit restricts most of the articulation....but that's okay 'cause it looks damn good just standing there.

Reinforcement of the ankle barbell joints is a must out of the box....mine were really loose on the shoe end. A few drops of super glue gel on each end tightened them right up (move the joints around while it dries so it doesn't get frozen in place).

The cape is one of Hot Toys better efforts (that's not saying much) but I wish they would dump the 2-ply approach so it would drape better.

Overall, a solid figure and a very good Batman figure, but don't expect more than a semi-poseable, premium format 12" statue.

I was able to take a pic. This is from the figure stand. You can't notice unless you are really looking for it, but i now it's there so I'm pissed now

Have you tried wiping it off, bud? I hope it can still be fixed. This is why I don't really let the crotch grabber touch the thighs and the crotch of my figures, particularly the Batmen in rubber. The round-ends on the grabber can also leave an indented marking on the rubber crotches over time. I put them on a height that won't touch the figure, but would be enough to catch it in case of leaning/falling.

Got mine yesterday. As mentioned already, the suit restricts most of the articulation....but that's okay 'cause it looks damn good just standing there.

Reinforcement of the ankle barbell joints is a must out of the box....mine were really loose on the shoe end. A few drops of super glue gel on each end tightened them right up (move the joints around while it dries so it doesn't get frozen in place).

The cape is one of Hot Toys better efforts (that's not saying much) but I wish they would dump the 2-ply approach so it would drape better.

Overall, a solid figure and a very good Batman figure, but don't expect more than a semi-poseable, premium format 12" statue.

Seems like the loose ankles are a common issue. And yeah, I thought about HT's 2-ply lining with their pleather capes too. I didn't notice it on the Batman Returns proto, though. I hope they keep it that way.

So I ended up selling my captain America after deep consideration so now I need help again, should I buy: HT arkham city bats: $233 shipped
Or
HT DX12 batman TDKR: $265 shipped?

So I ended up selling my captain America after deep consideration so now I need help again, should I buy: HT arkham city bats: $233 shipped
Or
HT DX12 batman TDKR: $265 shipped?

If you're not planning to start a Nolan Batman collection and you only need one Batman to represent the character in your shelves, I'd say go for Arkham Batman.

If you'd still want a TDK Batman, just add a few more bucks and you can get the Armory version. Better looking Batman figure with nice diorama display and loads of accessories, unless you want the CHristian Bale head from DX12.

I own many, if not most of the Nolan HT figures, but I much prefer the Arkham design since it is closer to the comics. It's a flawed figure with the lack of articulation, but it does look awesome in the display. Definitely my favorite HT Batman figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I didn't try detergent. Might give that a go. I did try to wipe it off gently using a hot cloth. No luck with that. I did contact sideshow and got a response so I'm hopeful they will replace
You may try to use a bit of toothpaste. Toothpaste and a small tooth brush may be able to help you remove stains without damaging the material. I have read that in a lot of articles, I even used tooth paste to remove stains on my painted wall. Toothpaste is not as strong as a detergent but can remove a lot of stains.

You may try to use a bit of toothpaste. Toothpaste and a small tooth brush may be able to help you remove stains without damaging the material. I have read that in a lot of articles, I even used tooth paste to remove stains on my painted wall. Toothpaste is not as strong as a detergent but can remove a lot of stains.

Thanks for the tips guys! When I get time I will give it a go. Really don't want to go thru the hassle of a return

Back