1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s just put it this way, even the live action, full sized props can’t get it right (as we discussed above) haha. I love the Hot Toys ESB helmets.

I agree the colouring/weathering of the book of boba armour is the only good thing about that armour/look. ESB is always my fav, ROTJ second, Mando S2 Tython very close third, than the RePaint from Mando close fourth, and Book of Boba…definitely the worst haha.

They have yet to get any of visors right. They’re always too big and goofy looking. The newest one from the 2 pack isn’t bad, it’s a step in the right direction.

Update: Finally done with printing this 1/6 Jabba base
Now have to smooth out the rough edges and paint it
218108D6-3CD7-4012-8468-573C81DBCCDF.jpeg

Attachments

• 44E3AAC5-9418-4852-B9A6-00A30DFA03E5.jpeg
    44E3AAC5-9418-4852-B9A6-00A30DFA03E5.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 5BF8403E-9B08-4E6F-85B6-3688DBB3AAB2.jpeg
    5BF8403E-9B08-4E6F-85B6-3688DBB3AAB2.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 31
  • F9A1B459-32E7-4359-8138-22B8389C9E21.jpeg
    F9A1B459-32E7-4359-8138-22B8389C9E21.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 35
Nice one ! I'm going to try the hard foam approach.
If you look closely at the SS throne I think they simply pasted paper over something rectangular shaped and painted it. But with the throw rugs etc it looks convincing enough.
A stone base is definitely going to make the Throne look more the part !!

What dimensions could you get for your base on your printer ?

He did the silly stuff in his (unappealing) new outfit though. (And some of it in his underwear too).

I see the epilogue to the second season of The Mandalorian as the introduction for a book as yet unwritten.

I don't think TBOBF is even 'World Between Worlds' material, but a comical, non-canon take on the character. At best it's a bacta nightmare. As a figure King Boba on his throne conjures up a much better, and more appropriate future than actually depicted.
This is my logic exactly. What I'm displaying is that end credit scene from the last episode of Mando, complete with Fennic at his side. Whatever happens with the BoBF, there's no denying that end scene and the display will be awesome.

Nice one ! I'm going to try the hard foam approach.
If you look closely at the SS throne I think they simply pasted paper over something rectangular shaped and painted it. But with the throw rugs etc it looks convincing enough.
A stone base is definitely going to make the Throne look more the part !!

What dimensions could you get for your base on your printer ?
350 Length 190 Width 90 Height

Finally got time to paint my Jabba Base for 1/6
It abit smaller then the measurement I input on the printer but it will do.
Don’t have Repaint Boba or Fennec so here they stand in.
(I’m very bad at painting base or anything really)
F0089305-A26A-48D4-958D-F8FFA6DC171E.jpeg

Is anyone canceling this order? I’ve lost count of the number of times crime lord version has had his clock cleaned and been disrespected by nobodies including a kid girl, with no comeback (in fact he gave the girl a job as muscle.. on the spot).
I’d rather have a Rose Tico figure on Jabba’s throne than this one. Just put a Kathleen Kennedy head sculpt on this figure and be done with it.

After watching Ep3 and having real no interest in watching 4 right away... I'm right there with you. How they can make a series about BF that doesn't feel anything like SW... it's amazing.
Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel my exclusive. I'll prolly still keep the 2 pack dx as that's from Mando's 2 episodes, where he was an actual badass instead of walking around going "I am Boba Fett".

After watching Ep3 and having real no interest in watching 4 right away... I'm right there with you. How they can make a series about BF that doesn't feel anything like SW... it's amazing.
Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel my exclusive. I'll prolly still keep the 2 pack dx as that's from Mando's 2 episodes, where he was an actual badass instead of walking around going "I am Boba Fett".
Eeee if you don’t like the “I am Boba Fett” definitely don’t watch Ep 4

This version is completely irrelevant right now after that excruciatingly moronic performance of Boba the Wuss.

No, its still relevant since the scene in question didnt even happen in BoBF. Fett was being the Fett-iest Fett he could Fett: with absolutely no dialog whatsoever, he just strolled up and shot Fortuna in the face.

That's the BUCCANEER we were all there to see.

Back