1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One figure per character applies. Lots of good releases, but I'm happy with my strategy, for the most part.
I will probably will stick with my ROTJ one. I still like the eroded armor but the Boba Monk is just odd to me.

Is anyone canceling this order? I’ve lost count of the number of times crime lord version has had his clock cleaned and been disrespected by nobodies including a kid girl, with no comeback (in fact he gave the girl a job as muscle.. on the spot).
I’d rather have a Rose Tico figure on Jabba’s throne than this one. Just put a Kathleen Kennedy head sculpt on this figure and be done with it.

Is anyone canceling this order? I’ve lost count of the number of times crime lord version has had his clock cleaned and been disrespected by nobodies including a kid girl, with no comeback (in fact he gave the girl a job as muscle.. on the spot).
I’d rather have a Rose Tico figure on Jabba’s throne than this one. Just put a Kathleen Kennedy head sculpt on this figure and be done with it.
No. And this also isn’t his BOBF look anyway, and I’ll still be buying that one when it comes.

To anybody that may be on the fence, the difference between the Re-armored version from season 2 and BoBF has any many differences with each other than the ESB and ROTJ.

And we always buy both of those versions, right?:dunno
I'm not the best person to answer that question... but yeah even though BoBF thus far has been pretty "meh", I'd still be in for an updated Fett HT...

Here you go I drawn on eye browns

Attachments

• D5C7881B-B921-46BA-A89D-01A74BD042EE.jpeg
    D5C7881B-B921-46BA-A89D-01A74BD042EE.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 97
Definitely losing a lot of interest in getting the RePaint from the show. We will see how it turns out and I really buy the figure for the look. But honestly I think I will put my money towards Bo Katan over this.

Yeah I'm really glad now I didn't bother ordering the deluxe set with throne, since all it would do is remind me of all the deadly dull throne room scenes we've gotten since then. Lol

Yeah I'm really glad now I didn't bother ordering the deluxe set with throne, since all it would do is remind me of all the deadly dull throne room scenes we've gotten since then. Lol

He did the silly stuff in his (unappealing) new outfit though. (And some of it in his underwear too).

I see the epilogue to the second season of The Mandalorian as the introduction for a book as yet unwritten.

I don't think TBOBF is even 'World Between Worlds' material, but a comical, non-canon take on the character. At best it's a bacta nightmare. As a figure King Boba on his throne conjures up a much better, and more appropriate future than actually depicted.

He did the silly stuff in his (unappealing) new outfit though. (And some of it in his underwear too).

I see the epilogue to the second season of The Mandalorian as the introduction for a book as yet unwritten.

I don't think TBOBF is even 'World Between Worlds' material, but a comical, non-canon take on the character. At best it's a bacta nightmare. As a figure King Boba on his throne conjures up a much better, and more appropriate future than actually depicted.
I like this. It is what I said about ESB Fett where I think of him as a completely different character, without a crappy Book of Boba Fett depiction in his future. It is all up to you how you see a character. Have fun with it.

Yeah even though I can accept it as canon, I'll just never be able to watch the OT Fett and imagine Morrison's face under the helmet or associate it with the the character's history we saw in AOTC. And instead he'll continue to be this mysterious, enigmatic bounty hunter that we know hardly anything about.

Just like every time I watch Obi-Wan in the OT it feels to me like a character with a totally different history from what we saw play out in the prequels.

would love to buy the throne separately, I am sure the usual suspects will have some for sale, but it would be nice to see HT commit to a separate package a la the Black Panther throne

What your opinion on the Helmet of Boba Fett in Mandalorian and BOBF?
I prefer Mandalorian version l, I think the BOBF one look weird (Won’t buy the new figure of BOBF because of the changes of belt, boots and Helmet).
CB4DBD50-1FB0-47CD-86A7-AA81B385639F.jpeg

Attachments

• D994BA05-9CBD-41E0-AE23-4A57087D8612.jpeg
    D994BA05-9CBD-41E0-AE23-4A57087D8612.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 85B7DC94-F1F4-439E-AAC0-61925C5D1A3D.jpeg
    85B7DC94-F1F4-439E-AAC0-61925C5D1A3D.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 40
What your opinion on the Helmet of Boba Fett in Mandalorian and BOBF?
I prefer Mandalorian version l, I think the BOBF one look weird (Won’t buy the new figure of BOBF because of the changes of belt, boots and Helmet).
View attachment 556121
Everything about the Book of Boba Fett characterization and costume is inferior to the Mando S2 Boba Fett. They had everything right in S2 Mando, and completely ruined it.

Back