1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t wait to get HT version of Repaint Deluxe
F9F8F96A-1F5B-4036-B215-FEE8217F6957.jpeg

This whole updated look is so cool, especially finished in repaint. Book of boba fett look is even better - I also pre ordered the 1/4. I got pulled in because of the design. I was not an OT fett fan

Anyone know anything about the Jabba BBQ displayed behind the throne at Celebration (red arrows in pic below)? It doesn't appear on the product page on Sideshow's site for this item but on the SSC official booth video the host guy seemed to infer the BBQ (he called it a "roaster") was included.

It might have been just a "for show display only" item but it seems kind of weird they would show it in a cabinet where there aren't really any other display-only items, and it's sitting right up next to the actual product.

If it isn't included, then it's a little weird that it even fooled SSC's own employee. :lol

d8BzUqt.jpg

I’m losing willpower and am starting to buy more figures that I wouldn’t have touched when I started collecting.

I stuck with the main characters like Luke, Han, Vader, Obi Wan, Anakin, Emporer, Yoda, Boba, Maul to name a few.

Then Mando came out so I had to get him and a Tusken then the squad leader/commander stormtrooper, artillery and incinerator stormtroopers. Wish I’d bought the remnant trooper.

I hadn’t even seen clone wars animated but got Rex and Cody, a 501st trooper, Coruscant guard. All because they look so damn cool and I don’t spend cash on anything else like cigarettes and alcohol etc. To me it’s a better way to sink my disposable income and an investment.

I’ve left out a fair few others that I’ve got on display but I’m up to 6 detolfs now and don’t regret buying any of the figures. About 90% of them Star Wars.

I hadn’t even seen clone wars animated but got Rex and Cody, a 501st trooper, Coruscant guard. All because they look so **** cool and I don’t spend cash on anything else like cigarettes and alcohol etc. To me it’s a better way to sink my disposable income and an investment.

SO. MUCH. THIS.

I get some envy over what I own, mostly over my jewelry since not that many people are in my house to see other items I own. [And I'm not even talking "fine" jewelry, just designer sterling most of it.] It kind of ticks me off. I think to myself, "Yeah, and you could own enviable items -TOO- if you were not sinking every last spare penny you have into pot/other drugs/binge drinking/clubbing. And from the looks of your socks, some of that money you're spending isnt exactly spare." I'd much rather have something that gives me joy every day.

I dunno, me and hubs were up in the club back in the day, and that got old fast. We both felt like we were wasting money.

I don’t spend cash on anything else like cigarettes and alcohol etc. To me it’s a better way to sink my disposable income and an investment.
if you were not sinking every last spare penny you have into pot/other drugs/binge drinking/clubbing.

I think a lot of people with collector mindsets tend to avoid other interests that are temporary or fleeting in nature. I've noticed that when talking to other collectors; especially those with similarly large collections or who have been collecting for a long time.

You definitely get to a point where you just don’t want to spend on needless things that don’t add to your collection or your particular focuses. Not counting life priorities and taking time for positive experiences and making memories, of course.

At the end of the day, all those vices you both mentioned wear off or get flushed away. I’m not saying that to be judgey; everyone has different priorities and should do what makes them happy.

And part of our happiness is collectibles. Whether it’s a handful of figures, dozens, or more; this just feels like a better use of resources than on things that just disappear. I guess it partly comes with the territory of being a collector where we typically prioritize a sense of permanence.

Also please watch The Clone Wars and start with Season 3.

Last edited:
Also please watch The Clone Wars and start with Season 3.
No, don’t be a coward. Start Clone Wars at the beginning. Any Star Wars fan will find many things to appreciate and enjoy in the first two seasons. Plus, it makes you really appreciate the leap in quality and storytelling from S3 onwards.

If I can start Rebels from the beginning and endure The Book of Boba Fett, The Clone Wars should be a piece of cake.

No, don’t be a coward. Start Clone Wars at the beginning. Any Star Wars fan will find many things to appreciate and enjoy in the first two seasons. Plus, it makes you really appreciate the leap in quality and storytelling from S3 onwards.

If I can start Rebels from the beginning and endure The Book of Boba Fett, The Clone Wars should be a piece of cake.

I get it, but if someone has been hesitant to watch The Clone Wars for near a decade and a half now, throwing them into Season 1 or 2 is not my preferred approach. I love the show including most of the weaker episodes but it can be a slog, especially for an adult.

If there was something truly important to the overall narrative in those earlier seasons, I'd recommend them. But there really isn't much that an older viewer can't figure out just with context.

If they end up liking the show, they can go back and watch the earlier seasons to get pick up some additional backstory and context. Already being invested in the characters makes that easier.

Yeah, start CW in the front so you can see stuff like poor Echo getting tormented over his love of reading technical manuals. ❤️❤️❤️ [this from someone who used to literally read the dictionary as a kid] How did he get that blue handprint on his breastplate? You too can find out, in season 1.

Actually I felt that there was stuff I needed to see in season 1, that is just me though. Will warn that there is a lot of Jar Jar *skiiiiiiiiiiip!* and some boring stuff, i cannot lie. And a teenager with a bare midriff making military decisions. OK

I joined the waitlist on this quite a while back and eventually got my SSC email to say I can pre order. So that’s done 😄

Were you on the waitlist for the weird time limited Sideshow exclusive version for the little holograms?

Yeah they hooked me with that one. I don’t even really preorder these days and that timer got me. :lol

Were you on the waitlist for the weird time limited Sideshow exclusive version for the little holograms?

Yeah they hooked me with that one. I don’t even really preorder these days and that timer got me. :lol
Lol yeah I thought it would be better to have that version since they were same price.

Back