1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm still feeling partial to the original version of the costume over the BoBF look, even though I can totally understand why they made the change since the tighter pants and slick leather boots are more befitting of a crime lord.

No question though that they did a much better job painting the armor this time, versus the really flat looking green they gave it before. So I guess my ideal version would be a mix of the two, even if it's not exactly canon.

BUC-001452_R_1.jpg

Question is how many would buy a "Book of Boba" Boba with reddish boot spats and normal pants ? I don't think it's enough for me to fork out more money tbh.

But I'm sure they'll add some accessory or something which we NEED to have.
Much prefer the robes under there than the flight suit. Although I do prefer the paint job on the BOBF armour. If you put both the Mando s.2 and BOBF versions up together today I’d still choose the former. Not sure I’d buy this version unless it offered something very special, e.g. an accessory so tempting it’d make it difficult not to buy.

I’d probably consider it in a quarter-scale actually. That would be the ideal compromise for me. The only reason I passed on the Mando qs was due to the dull paint job and the chrome version being on the horizon.

Think I'm still feeling partial to the original version of the costume over the BoBF look, even though I can totally understand why they made the change since the tighter pants and slick leather boots are more befitting of a crime lord.

No question though that they did a much better job painting the armor this time, versus the really flat looking green they gave it before. So I guess my ideal version would be a mix of the two, even if it's not exactly canon.

View attachment 554558
Sexy af! Bring on the fig HT!

Question is how many would buy a "Book of Boba" Boba with reddish boot spats and normal pants ? I don't think it's enough for me to fork out more money tbh.

But I'm sure they'll add some accessory or something which we NEED to have.

On this forum, 25% of the people would admit they would. Check any FB group or social media post and Hot Toys will not have a problem selling as many as they make:lol

I’m already considering the inevitable BoBF version myself. I’m thinking they may wait until sometime after the season finishes to reveal it, and hopefully they include some different accessories. For example the firing rocket effect that comes with the Mando Re-Armored figure. And anything else unique from this show.

To anybody that may be on the fence, the difference between the Re-armored version from season 2 and BoBF has any many differences with each other than the ESB and ROTJ.

And we always buy both of those versions, right?:dunno

I’m already considering the inevitable BoBF version myself. I’m thinking they may wait until sometime after the season finishes to reveal it, and hopefully they include some different accessories. For example the firing rocket effect that comes with the Mando Re-Armored figure. And anything else unique from this show.

I think they will wait, if only because this version may come with accessories that are kind of spoiler-y right now. Im not in a rush, got enough POs as it is.

But yeah, we will for sure get him.

To anybody that may be on the fence, the difference between the Re-armored version from season 2 and BoBF has any many differences with each other than the ESB and ROTJ.

And we always buy both of those versions, right?:dunno
True, but that has as much to do with those Fetts being from two very iconic movies. With this you're talking about two slight variations of a costume as seen in episodes of a TV series. And on display I'm just not sure you're really going to see much difference between the two black outfits...

The Book of Boba Fett has such a Cosplay vibe to it. It might look better as a figure who knows. I would say there will be many other figures I’ll want at that time (looking at you Obi Wan show Vader).

I think aesthetically Star Wars is best all tattered and worn, used…and that was a big aesthetic with Fett. I get it he’s got new armour, and he’s a crime lord so probably isn’t getting as dirty. But I think that aspect of it…the clean looks about it takes away some of Boba look wise. I wish they went with something similar to this:
C6693716-6DB6-4A55-9E25-03685CA61903.jpeg

I always thought that was a perfect transition between Jango and Boba’s OT look but even more so now that we know it’s THE actual armor and not just scavenged armor like in the old EU.

I hope they can squeeze it in a flashback or two still. I’d even be up to see his Train Heist costume with Asajj Ventress from Clone Wars.

The hype for this armor should be ramping up again. Tusken Boba should be tossed to the side and we see Boba in this for the rest of the show.

If he is indeed facing off against other BHs and does some damage in this, this thread will ignite...again.

One figure per character applies. Lots of good releases, but I'm happy with my strategy, for the most part.

The hype for this armor should be ramping up again. Tusken Boba should be tossed to the side and we see Boba in this for the rest of the show.

If he is indeed facing off against other BHs and does some damage in this, this thread will ignite...again.

For me, at the moment, The Mandalorian is Boba's last canonical screen appearance. The Book of Bob only has comedy value.

Lucky that Boba was in before the lock, and got his throne before Bob began and changed into his silly looking new trousers and boots. Boba has never looked so bad, except for maybe running around the desert in his dirty Long John's.

For me, at the moment, The Mandalorian is Boba's last canonical screen appearance. The Book of Bob only has comedy value.

Lucky that Boba was in before the lock, and got his throne before Bob began and changed into his silly looking new trousers and boots. Boba has never looked so bad, except for maybe running around the desert in his dirty Long John's.

tenor (54).gif

Back