1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your copy lost in transit @choombaz?
No, not shipped yet. Ordered through Sugo and they are amazing but I don’t think any retailers in Australia have got this figure yet. They have had it listed for this month for awhile now. I I just queried a Neca and they replied in 5 minutes god bless so I might piggyback a query on this one as well.

Hmm... Dry arid environment photo opportunity.

Any opportunity for Emily Swallow to beat the stuffing out of Stormies out on patrol, searching for lizards (Dewbacks?), discovering agave plants and possibly making tequila in the books?

Late to the party here...just received this figure. A quick shot right out of the box...

20220111_091744.jpg

First impressions...wow! Glad I got her. It's just amazing how good HT can be with the deco and materials. The finish is really good.

I'll post some outdoor shots later this week...

I just realized I never opened mine. It’s been sitting for months, I just need more detolfs, which are sold out near me. I may open it up anyway and hope the detolfs are back soon

I just realized I never opened mine. It’s been sitting for months, I just need more detolfs, which are sold out near me. I may open it up anyway and hope the detolfs are back soon

I'm also in the same boat of not rushing to open figures because I need more shelves. But I opened this one to inspect it, which everyone should really do.

I'm also in the same boat of not rushing to open figures because I need more shelves. But I opened this one to inspect it, which everyone should really do.

I'm waiting on a large order of moducases that aren't due to arrive until late Q2. So based on what I have heard I'm not expecting them until sometime in Q3. Even then I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of dismantling detolfs and then building moducases before I move.

I'm waiting on a large order of moducases that aren't due to arrive until late Q2. So based on what I have heard I'm not expecting them until sometime in Q3. Even then I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of dismantling detolfs and then building moducases before I move.

I also really want to get Moducases. Will you be keeping any Detolfs after they come in?

I feel like it'd be hard to use a Detolf after getting Moducases. At which point I'd just bag/box up your collection and sell the Detolfs off built as is instead of going through the hassle of dismantling and then moving them to a new home.

I'm sure someone would buy them, especially with the Detolf shortage.

Same here, I always open and inspect.
We moved a few years ago. Best thing that happened to my collection. Packing everything was a nightmare, but reorganizing everything was great. I also let the moving guys move the detolfs and they didn’t break any of them. I only had 2 then, im up to 6 now with 3 other large cases so I doubt I can move again.

I also really want to get Moducases. Will you be keeping any Detolfs after they come in?

I feel like it'd be hard to use a Detolf after getting Moducases. At which point I'd just bag/box up your collection and sell the Detolfs off built as is instead of going through the hassle of dismantling and then moving them to a new home.

I'm sure someone would buy them, especially with the Detolf shortage.

I am inclined to just sell off all the Detolfs as you suggest. I kind of want to see if my Moducases will hold my entire collection first. Perhaps I may use some of the detolfs for some non Star Wars stuff and maybe some Black Series helmets but I imagine after a short period of time the non-uniformity will bother me into just ordering more Moducases if necessary.

I am inclined to just sell off all the Detolfs as you suggest. I kind of want to see if my Moducases will hold my entire collection first. Perhaps I may use some of the detolfs for some non Star Wars stuff and maybe some Black Series helmets but I imagine after a short period of time the non-uniformity will bother me into just ordering more Moducases if necessary.

Might as well sell them now then. No way you’d be happy with having a split display set up.

They’re probably worth more now than later and you’ll make someone that can’t get them happy.

Saves you the big hassle of moving with them. Seems like a win all around.

Detolfs are a pain on the butt to dismantle and set up again regardless given the situation. So leave your stuff in the box and play Tetris with them until a permanent solution is found to put it up for display.

Or better yet, select your main 4/5 figures that you like the most to display and leave the others in the box.

Sometimes you got to go "Kon Marie" with the stuff you have as its just too much.

Got the iron lady (er, beskar broad?) out in the rocks today...

20220114_145435~2.jpg

...and while the environment may be an odd choice for a character we saw mainly in the shadows, the rocks really bring out the details in a pretty cool way.

original_a5ab8146-0d1a-4f8b-84d8-a76f826da394_20220114_150822~2.jpg

She is definitely unique looking among the Mandalorians.

20220114_145408~2.jpg

Wish she were a little easier to articulate, but she still manages to look great.

20220114_150559~2.jpg

More shots later...

@jedibear - Replace the hammer for a Long Bow and a Quiver of Arrows for Emily Swallow when she's out hunting.

Or better yet, the Gaffi stick and club combo from the Tuskin Raiders since she knows how to defend herself from the Rement Troopers in her forgery.

Back