1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT might have used their Harley Quinn body, which I'm sure is single jointed in both elbows and knees.

It was the shape of the Armorer's upper leg that reminded me of Harley.

Hot-Toys-MMS383-Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn-Tattooed.jpg
Huh, that body actually seems far more likely, especially when you look at the video and see where the torso articulation is, and where the elbows rotate.

HT might have used their Harley Quinn body, which I'm sure is single jointed in both elbows and knees.

It was the shape of the Armorer's upper leg that reminded me of Harley.
That’s at least better than going with one of the older female bodies and getting a small 1/7 scale The Armorer.

We won’t know for sure until some brave soul takes the figure apart, or Toy Anxiety does a part out.

Hot Toys have gone for the cardboard standee pose... so customers don't destroy the pleather by going wild with action (!)

3087_TheArmorer_TheMadalorain_28__07036.1576533546.jpg
My only real complaint, time erosions aside, is just the lack of a bench or something. I really would have liked her station maybe, like the tony stark one. I would have been ok paying a little more. I don’t remember if she had one in the show, but I think so?

the background will be prefect for static posing, but the only back ground like that I have is the Play Imaginative 1/4 War Machine, he has a really really high quality cardboard back drop, but it can take up apt of room or not fit on my shelf as “out of the way” as I’d like. Maybe the 1/6 will be easier. Certainly for those with detolf display ideas!

Okay, I watched the video even though I’m not a fan of most video reviews.

One very important thing I noticed so throwing this out there for anyone that uses 303 Aerospace Protectant or another type of vinyl/faul leather dressing (because this figure is going to need it).

Do not get it on her gaiters. They look like a suede-like material. It’s not good to get those protectants on fabric in general, but definitely not something like this. It’s probably simulated suede made of fabric, but you definitely want to be careful handling that area.

You’ll also probably want tiny sponge stick makeup applicators to apply it to the thin strips of pleather throughout the figure.

One very important thing I noticed so throwing this out there for anyone that uses 303 Aerospace Protectant or another type of vinyl/faul leather dressing (because this figure is going to need it).

Do not get it on her gaiters. They look like a suede-like material. It’s not good to get those protectants on fabric in general, but definitely not something like this. It’s probably simulated suede made of fabric, but you definitely want to be careful handling that area.

You’ll also probably want tiny sponge stick makeup applicators to apply it to the thin strips of pleather throughout the figure.
Thanks for the tip MyenShi. I personally have never applied that sort of stuff to my figures (but always thought I probably should), However I've also never really seen any pleather deterioration where I live.

5hu9oj.jpg

I've never actually used anything on pleather. All the risky figures go into the main collection room which has a dehumidifier keeping it around 50% RH, no windows and only LED lighting.

Thanks for the tip MyenShi. I personally have never applied that sort of stuff to my figures (but always thought I probably should), However I've also never really seen any pleather deterioration where I live.

I've never actually used anything on pleather. All the risky figures go into the main collection room which has a dehumidifier keeping it around 50% RH, no windows and only LED lighting.
Well, folks here tend to take better care of their collectibles so they last longer in general.

It’s also less of a concern if you live in an area without tropical conditions and extreme humidity. And Hot Toys has somewhat gotten better at material quality over time.

But it’s usually a matter of when and not if, even if it’s many years down the road. So it may be worth testing out on some older Hot Toys boots you folks have.

I think you’ll be surprised at how much more supple the material gets with a protectant or conditioner.

I mention 303 because that’s been tested by others, and I’ve used it in detailing applications where it works very well.

I’ve tested some other products. But I’ve been meaning to try out Ultima Interior Guard+, which costs significant more than 303 but is safe for fabric. I use that on my current vehicle with a full red leather interior.

Well, folks here tend to take better care of their collectibles so they last longer in general.

It’s also less of a concern if you live in an area without tropical conditions and extreme humidity. And Hot Toys has somewhat gotten better at material quality over time.

But it’s usually a matter of when and not if, even if it’s many years down the road. So it may be worth testing out on some older Hot Toys boots you folks have.

I think you’ll be surprised at how much more supple the material gets with a protectant or conditioner.

I mention 303 because that’s been tested by others, and I’ve used it in detailing applications where it works very well.

I’ve tested some other products. But I’ve been meaning to try out Ultima Interior Guard+, which costs significant more than 303 but is safe for fabric. I use that on my current vehicle with a full red leather interior.

It's pretty disheartening reading comments on the Chinese language BBICN forum whenever a figure has a lot of pleather. It's just taken for granted that it'll be trash in a few months due to the constant high humidity.

No wonder Iron Man figures became so popular in the far east, as a more stable form of collecting.

I'm sure older pleather was a higher quality, as I have figures from over 20 years ago by BBI and Dragon that are still as good as new.

I looked on Amazon and there was a variety of different 303 products.

A quick Google brought up one of Zachary's videos:

This was his weapon of choice:

714rNMqymhS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Product Description​

Originally engineered for aerospace and aviation applications, 303 Automotive Protectant provides superior UV protection for any rubber, vinyl, and plastic surfaces of your vehicle, such as your dashboard, windshield wiper blades, and even your tires. Unlike many protectants that leave greasy residues, 303 Automotive Protectant dries to a clear matte finish without that sticky, shiny slick feeling. 303 Automotive Protectant not only protects against fading, discoloration and cracking from harmful UV rays, but repels dust and stains, too. Simply spray on and wipe dry for a beautiful, matte finish. Best of all, each application will last up to 30-45 days. Great for use on a variety of surfaces such as: vinyl, plastics, synthetic and natural rubber, leather, PVC, gel coat and fiberglass. Ideal for use on your dashboard, other vinyl/leather interior surfaces of your car, tires, windshield wiper blades and more! Not for use on unfinished leathers (such as suede), fabrics (canvas), floorings, clear plastics, gauge panels, or headlights. Usage Directions Use only on clean surfaces. Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303 Automotive Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Can also be applied directly onto microfiber applicator or towel before using. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY wipe completely dry. Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency and longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection. For the best results, we recommend following these easy steps: Step 1: Make sure surface is clean and dry before using. Step 2: Spray product directly onto surface, or spray onto microfiber to apply. Step 3: Wipe dry with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Use a wet towel to remove any excess. Step 4: Evaluate your results. Extra buffing may be required for optimal results. It is recommended to re-treat every 30-45 days.

Safety Warning​

Avoid Contact With Eyes.

I looked on Amazon and there was a variety of different 303 products.

A quick Google brought up one of Zachary's videos:

This was his weapon of choice:

714rNMqymhS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Product Description​

Originally engineered for aerospace and aviation applications, 303 Automotive Protectant provides superior UV protection for any rubber, vinyl, and plastic surfaces of your vehicle, such as your dashboard, windshield wiper blades, and even your tires. Unlike many protectants that leave greasy residues, 303 Automotive Protectant dries to a clear matte finish without that sticky, shiny slick feeling. 303 Automotive Protectant not only protects against fading, discoloration and cracking from harmful UV rays, but repels dust and stains, too. Simply spray on and wipe dry for a beautiful, matte finish. Best of all, each application will last up to 30-45 days. Great for use on a variety of surfaces such as: vinyl, plastics, synthetic and natural rubber, leather, PVC, gel coat and fiberglass. Ideal for use on your dashboard, other vinyl/leather interior surfaces of your car, tires, windshield wiper blades and more! Not for use on unfinished leathers (such as suede), fabrics (canvas), floorings, clear plastics, gauge panels, or headlights. Usage Directions Use only on clean surfaces. Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303 Automotive Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Can also be applied directly onto microfiber applicator or towel before using. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY wipe completely dry. Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency and longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection. For the best results, we recommend following these easy steps: Step 1: Make sure surface is clean and dry before using. Step 2: Spray product directly onto surface, or spray onto microfiber to apply. Step 3: Wipe dry with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Use a wet towel to remove any excess. Step 4: Evaluate your results. Extra buffing may be required for optimal results. It is recommended to re-treat every 30-45 days.

Safety Warning​

Avoid Contact With Eyes.

As far as I am aware, 303 Automotive Protectant is a repackaged form of 303 Aerospace Protectant I linked earlier. Both are used in identical applications on vinyl, rubber, and plastics.

From AutoGeek: “303 Automotive Protectant is a repackaged version of the world famous 303 Aerospace Protectant, with a new look!”

They have it in a 2 oz spritz bottle on Amazon which is good as the full size spray bottle is a little bulky when you’re also handling a figures. And you really don’t need a lot.

It must be applied lightly and wiped off with a microbes towel. It is not intended to air dry. And it is not made for fabric.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045E7PC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NREVRK2C13ZF0X3HRM5G?psc=1

bbi and Dragon?! That goes waaay back!
👊😉

As a kid I loved Palitoy's Action Man, and had a second hand original Hasbro GI Joe. To me it was the king of toys!

It was in 1999 I discovered that 1/6 action figures had become even higher quality. I can't remember how I found out about them as I was collecting smaller action figures at the time, but I thought Dragon's military figures looked stunningly detailed.

So I began collecting Dragon and BBI, gradually branching out into other makes such as Sideshow and eventually Hot Toys with the DX01 Joker.

I only focus on 1/6 now, and it's incredibly addictive.

@MyenShi, the price jumped since you posted that link earlier. It was $6 something now it's $7.15... lol 😬 Suddenly got popular.

The UK Amazon price is even higher: £9.99 for the 2oz bottle.

The 16oz blue bottle is comparatively cheap at £15.64.

I have so many figures that this would be a huge undertaking every three months. I check them periodically and haven't noticed any irregularities. In fact the only time I've had pleather issues is when I've been too rough with it: one jacket had really thin pleather that ripped when it caught in the zip. I later wrecked the sleeves of the same jacket putting it onto a body whose hands couldn't be removed. So it's pretty much battle damaged. lol

The UK Amazon price is even higher: £9.99 for the 2oz bottle.

The 16oz blue bottle is comparatively cheap at £15.64.

I have so many figures that this would be a huge undertaking every three months. I check them periodically and haven't noticed any irregularities. In fact the only time I've had pleather issues is when I've been too rough with it: one jacket had really thin pleather that ripped when it caught in the zip. I later wrecked the sleeves of the same jacket putting it onto a body whose hands couldn't be removed. So it's pretty much battle damaged. lol
In general the bigger bottle is the better deal. I linked the spritz bottle since it’s a really low cost in the US to try it out and the bottle is convenient, which can be refilled with the bigger bottle in the future.

But there may be a local detailing supply shop in your area that carries it. Might be cheaper, or the same price but you’d be supporting a local business.

You won’t go through it quickly - about a spritz or two per figure - so you can use it on car interiors, furniture, belts, bags, jackets, etc. Usually the shelf life of a detailing product is 2-3 years.

For 303 you’d do it about every 3 months in a car that’s outside and takes UV rays. On your figures in particular, you’d probably do it no more than once a year since they’re climate controlled and in a windowless environment.

It would be more for helping to keep the material from drying out and separating from the textile liner.

I would say for most people, 1-3 times a year at most depending on where you are.

Last edited:
Only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the way the fur looks, it looks a bit too long and heavy and it should be kind of frizzy instead of straight.

Back