1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general the bigger bottle is the better deal. I linked the spritz bottle since it’s a really low cost in the US to try it out and the bottle is convenient, which can be refilled with the bigger bottle in the future.
That sound good actually, I like both sizes... 16.oz for garage use, and a small bottle for the 1/6 survival kit.

I looked on Amazon and there was a variety of different 303 products.

A quick Google brought up one of Zachary's videos:

This was his weapon of choice:

714rNMqymhS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Product Description​

Originally engineered for aerospace and aviation applications, 303 Automotive Protectant provides superior UV protection for any rubber, vinyl, and plastic surfaces of your vehicle, such as your dashboard, windshield wiper blades, and even your tires. Unlike many protectants that leave greasy residues, 303 Automotive Protectant dries to a clear matte finish without that sticky, shiny slick feeling. 303 Automotive Protectant not only protects against fading, discoloration and cracking from harmful UV rays, but repels dust and stains, too. Simply spray on and wipe dry for a beautiful, matte finish. Best of all, each application will last up to 30-45 days. Great for use on a variety of surfaces such as: vinyl, plastics, synthetic and natural rubber, leather, PVC, gel coat and fiberglass. Ideal for use on your dashboard, other vinyl/leather interior surfaces of your car, tires, windshield wiper blades and more! Not for use on unfinished leathers (such as suede), fabrics (canvas), floorings, clear plastics, gauge panels, or headlights. Usage Directions Use only on clean surfaces. Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303 Automotive Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Can also be applied directly onto microfiber applicator or towel before using. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY wipe completely dry. Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency and longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection. For the best results, we recommend following these easy steps: Step 1: Make sure surface is clean and dry before using. Step 2: Spray product directly onto surface, or spray onto microfiber to apply. Step 3: Wipe dry with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Use a wet towel to remove any excess. Step 4: Evaluate your results. Extra buffing may be required for optimal results. It is recommended to re-treat every 30-45 days.

Safety Warning​

Avoid Contact With Eyes.

Also want to mention for anyone that watches this video, Zachary puts on a bit too much product. You only need a light spritz or two at most. And you would want to wipe it and buff a little more thoroughly than he does as it does not air dry.

The application will be different on a figure’s accessories versus a full rubber suit on Batman.

You’ll want to either take the accessories off and spritz them or spray it on a small applicator to gently apply it to boots, belts, holster etc. Then gently buff off.

Avoid getting it on fabric. Always test on the material first. Wear gloves. And don’t drink it.

Only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the way the fur looks, it looks a bit too long and heavy and it should be kind of frizzy instead of straight.

It's the one thing they didn't manage to get right.

It should also hug the shoulders more, like a cape. I don't know how you'd improve it, because the fur looks like its glued to fabric that makes the whole thing a rigid piece.

When they first showed her I thought that Hot Toys' Planet of the Apes Gorilla fur would've been better, since it's soft and posable. You can style that gorilla fur and it'll stay where you put it

I just read through the comments under MRCcollectionventures' video.

On the quality of the pleather he wrote: "But looks like it’s more durable now than previous figure mmmm?"

He also confirmed he plans to do another quick video today: "Will do a quick comparison with mando today that’s my plan"

Actor height ≠ character height (lifts, crates, platforms, camera angles, etc.), but Emily Swallow is 5’7” and Lauren May Kim is 5’4” so it can work.

But she could’ve been taller for the sake of presence because she’s a little close to looking like a different scale when next to the other figures. Especially taller ones like IG-11 and Paz.

Hot Toys does have a tradition of making very small female figures, though.

The second photo doesn't look to be very representative, but the first is probably a good indication.

For actors' heights I go to Celebrity Heights - How tall are Celebrities? as they seem to be well researched.

They have Emily at 5' 6" and Pedro at 5' 10 1/2", but you never know who's under the helmets!

That 4 1/2" difference is 3/4" in 1/6.

When Din meets her to get his beskar armour made in Chapter 3, there isn't a shot that shows them standing level. She's either sitting, or the shot is taken like this:

4k-mandalorians01e03-starwarsscreencaps.com-1799.jpg

In Chapter 8 she appears taller while in line with Din, so must be standing on a platform in front of the forge:

4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscreencaps.com-4730.jpg

Then later:

4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscreencaps.com-5105.jpg

4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscreencaps.com-5114.jpg

4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscreencaps.com-5126.jpg

If she looks too diminutive in hand it would be a simple matter to give her a boost with ankle extensions, which is always easier when a character's wearing boots.

Last edited:
Justin said that the fur cape has a wire running around the top edge - as there's copper poking out - so it may be possible to get it to hug her shoulders more closely.

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h44m56s008.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h46m00s136.png

There's even the back armour hidden under it:

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h43m26s950.png

The apron is made from pretty thick pleather:

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h47m14s675.png

Side by side comparison:

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h48m12s040.png

He said, "I'm glad they put her on a slightly bigger body."

The chromed damaged beskar vs. painted beskar:

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h51m44s115.png

He confirmed that the arms and legs are only single bend.

Also warned that the hair was falling out of her cape. :panic:

The card backdrop:

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h56m42s512.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-14h56m56s603.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-29-15h00m06s751.png

Last edited:
I know you never see them but those screws on the bottom of the feet are gross. Starting to feel like HT didn't put a lot of effort into this...

1627567756678.png

Back