1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm passing. A Mando in a skirt just doesn't do it for me. The helmet and the fur are the best things about the figure, but I have too many other interests. I already flip flopped on Mysterio, trying to be picky, but the blogger pics and vids just made me cave.
Mysterio and Scarlet Witch make me want to break my LOTR and SW 1/6 collection limits. I enjoy MCU but not as much as those two properties and yet I love the sorcerer looking characters like Strange, SW and Mysterio.

Oh man, That is terrible.

I’d rather her not have ANY waist movement, then adding it, and putting a material that’s just gunna rub off when used.
Naw, he had that back arched wayyy back, that nicked piece is actually near the very top of the shirt that when no arch it’s 100% hidden. The rest should be totally fine. plus that reviewer does tend to push these figures to their absolute max when looking over articulation.

I’m rather stoked how this came out. Sure some faults with it, worst imo is the seam lines on the hammer and joints. Rest looks awesome and thanks fully no spandex pants. Might see about trimming the fur a bit to look more accurate

Naw, he had that back arched wayyy back, that nicked piece is actually near the very top of the shirt that when no arch it’s 100% hidden. The rest should be totally fine. plus that reviewer does tend to push these figures to their absolute max when looking over articulation.

I’m rather stoked how this came out. Sure some faults with it, worst imo is the seam lines on the hammer and joints. Rest looks awesome and thanks fully no spandex pants. Might see about trimming the fur a bit to look more accurate

I hope it’s just from treating it rough. I’m usually too afraid to even repose mine often.

I’m better about posing the Iron Man armors.

I didn’t really have any of those cloth worn Gi Joes or barbies growing up, so I’m used to a more “transformers” kinda posing and fragility. Which the armors are more like.

So a lot of these materials make me very nervous, especially the pleathers and rubber bodies, because I see the pics like this, or the threads on here. And it feels like throwing out 300$ for a temporary tattoo 😂

I originally missed the pleather issue, but I did catch the seam. This isn’t as much of a issue for me, as the seam on the 1/6 Spider-Man from homecomings head. I passed on that one because of it.

I don’t like that this figure doesn’t have more modern joints as well. It’s not a figure I’d go crazy in posing I’d imagine, but why half ass the figure body?

I hope it’s just from treating it rough. I’m usually too afraid to even repose mine often.

I’m better about posing the Iron Man armors.

I didn’t really have any of those cloth worn Gi Joes or barbies growing up, so I’m used to a more “transformers” kinda posing and fragility. Which the armors are more like.

So a lot of these materials make me very nervous, especially the pleathers and rubber bodies, because I see the pics like this, or the threads on here. And it feels like throwing out 300$ for a temporary tattoo 😂

I originally missed the pleather issue, but I did catch the seam. This isn’t as much of a issue for me, as the seam on the 1/6 Spider-Man from homecomings head. I passed on that one because of it.

I don’t like that this figure doesn’t have more modern joints as well. It’s not a figure I’d go crazy in posing I’d imagine, but why half ass the figure body?
@IronPatriotFTW - I replied to another one of your comments with the same info but just want to make sure you see it.

Pleather will last if you handle it gently, maintain it properly, and keep it out of sunlight and direct heat.

You can put 303 Aerospace Protectant on anything rubber, vinyl, or pleather on your figures (boots, belts, pouches, holsters, etc.) to keep them from drying out and cracking.

They sell it in a little 2 ounce bottle that’s convenient for 1/6 figures since you don’t need much. Spray lightly, gently wipe dry with a microfiber towel.

For anyone using it on The Armorer’s blacksmith apron, I would test a small spot on a covered area first. But I’ve tested a different vinyl conditioner on the similarly colored TFA Han jacket and it didn’t affect the color.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045E7PC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6BC1HHRNMHKS4FANXYK8?psc=1

@IronPatriotFTW - I replied to another one of your comments with the same info but just want to make sure you see it.

Pleather will last if you handle it gently, maintain it properly, and keep it out of sunlight and direct heat.

You can put 303 Aerospace Protectant on anything rubber, vinyl, or pleather on your figures (boots, belts, pouches, holsters, etc.) to keep them from drying out and cracking.

They sell it in a little 2 ounce bottle that’s convenient for 1/6 figures since you don’t need much. Spray lightly, gently wipe dry with a microfiber towel.

For anyone using it on The Armorer’s blacksmith apron, I would test a small spot on a covered area first. But I’ve tested a different vinyl conditioner on the similarly colored TFA Han jacket and it didn’t affect the color.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045E7PC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6BC1HHRNMHKS4FANXYK8?psc=1
Yes, thank you!
I would be far too nervous about that, as I’ve done nothing like that.

I would def be worried about ruining the color and value of the figure somehow. plus, I was never very good at applying model paint, and those were cheap 😂

This would be a interesting service, for any 1/6 collectors working at a comic book store, to provide, if it really makes a good difference.

Yes, thank you!
I would be far too nervous about that, as I’ve done nothing like that.

I would def be worried about ruining the color and value of the figure somehow. plus, I was never very good at applying model paint, and those were cheap 😂

This would be a interesting service, for any 1/6 collectors working at a comic book store, to provide, if it really makes a good difference.
I fully understand being nervous about it. Think of it as auto detailing on a very small scale. It's something anyone can do. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions or need help with the process.

These products are not like paint, nor is it permanent. It's a protectant that sits on top of a material, in this case to keep vinyl, rubber, pleather, and plastic from drying out and protect against UV damage.

This is what you would put on a car interior to keep the interior panels from drying out, fading, and cracking over time.

Buy a bottle and apply it to your car interior to get a feel for it, then move on to a figure with black pleather, vinyl, or rubber. It's just a liquid that mists on and wipes right off. Really easy to use.

A lot of folks have used it on their figures without issue.

Last edited:
The dress is full pleather ??? :mad::eek:

It surprising they went to the lengths of making it all in pleather, considering how complex it is.

Looking at the video I'm sure they could've replicated it in soft plastic, because as it is the pleather restricts articulation anyway.

The ribbed part is actually made like a smith's apron, but joins together at the back over a separate piece to imply a full skirt:

vlcsnap-2021-07-28-05h57m54s145.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-28-06h09m37s738.png

Moving the legs forward deforms the pleather, putting deep creases into the ribbing:

vlcsnap-2021-07-28-05h58m28s802.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-28-05h59m19s568.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-28-05h58m38s047.png

Last edited:
The joints are a real surprise. Female bodies are usually double jointed - even Leia Endor which had short sleeves.
90 degree elbows and knees?! WHAT? On a modern Hot Toys figure? This is ridiculous. What is this, a mezco female figure? Starting to reconsider my pre-order here, especially with the skirt material

Last edited:
Hm, I'm seeing the knee joint a bit. Could it just be due to the suit material?
Presumably it's due to the suit and material as it would likely just be a standard female True Type body underneath.

But this is not a figure I would want to pose around too much, personally. A bit unfortunate with the action sequence she has.

It looks like there's a lot of mixed media like faux fur and older style pleather, including some very thin straps throughout.

A lot of these pieces could've been plastic or fabric, honestly.

Presumably it's due to the suit and material as it would likely just be a standard female True Type body underneath.

But this is not a figure I would want to pose around too much, personally. A bit unfortunate with the action sequence she has.

It looks like there's a lot of mixed media like faux fur and older style pleather, including some very thin straps throughout.

Yeah, I'm really second guessing this one. I was so excited too, but the more I look at it the less I think I want it. I would be greatly interested in seeing the undressed body, because I'm not entirely convinced it's the standard we're used to seeing.

I don’t see myself ever even posing her beyond a standard museum look, but it is disappointing. Especially at those next gen body prices 😂

Hm, I'm seeing the knee joint a bit. Could it just be due to the suit material?

Could be the same with the elbows, with the plastic bracer/upper part of the glove hitting the arm.

I could see the plastic gauntlets/bracers stopping a double joint functioning. The shape of the elbow joint through the sleeve resembles the double joint kind.

Looking at a double jointed female figure body I have here, the Armorer's knee looks different. Her upper leg ends with a shield to cover a joint (as with Suicide Squad Harley, for example), whereas with a double jointed knee the joint extends up into the upper leg.

Yeah, I'm really second guessing this one. I was so excited too, but the more I look at it the less I think I want it. I would be greatly interested in seeing the undressed body, because I'm not entirely convinced it's the standard we're used to seeing.
I would be surprised if Hot Toys went through the trouble of engineering a separate, less articulated body for one figure when it would be cheaper to throw the outfit on an existing TT.

She probably has an undersuit that restricts articulation, plus a fabric suit that is double layered in places, along with stiffer pleather pieces throughout, and some hard plastic armor pieces as well.

It’s a complicated outfit with a lot of different materials where they’ve probably sacrificed some articulation for aesthetics.

I think the figure is still worth getting, because it does look good. Even in a museum pose, it has presence.

Last edited:
I don’t see myself ever even posing her beyond a standard museum look, but it is disappointing. Especially at those next gen body prices 😂

Hot Toys have gone for the cardboard standee pose... so customers don't destroy the pleather by going wild with action (!)

3087_TheArmorer_TheMadalorain_28__07036.1576533546.jpg

I would be surprised if Hot Toys went through the trouble of engineering a separate, less articulated body for one figure when it would be cheaper to throw the outfit on an existing TT.

She probably has an undersuit that restricts articulation, plus a fabric suit that is double layered in places, along with stiffer pleather pieces throughout, and some hard plastic armor pieces as well.

It’s a complicated outfit with a lot of different materials where they’ve probably sacrificed some articulation for aesthetics.

I think the figure is still worth getting, because it does look good. Even in a museum pose, it has presence.

HT might have used their Harley Quinn body, which I'm sure is single jointed in both elbows and knees.

It was the shape of the Armorer's upper leg that reminded me of Harley.

Hot-Toys-MMS383-Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn-Tattooed.jpg

They gave the prisoner version of Harley double jointed knees because of her iconic sitting pose, but the arms are the same as her classic Suicide Squad appearance:

1018253466_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back