1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 069 - The Mandalorian: Nite Owls - Koska Reeves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered DW while on a Mando series high, and almost immediately regretted it.

I still like him. He's a good figure and displays well, but he doesn't mean anything to me.

There's likely to be a bunch of new Mandos in upcoming series, so a trio will become a quartet, then a quintet, and so on.

Koska and Bo-Katan are different because I like 1/6 female figures, so along with the Armourer they're more unique. Paz Vizsla has height and bulk that make him stand out. With the DW and Axe, and all the future Mando characters, I feel it's just going to be a bunch of colour variations.
Very similar to my own feelings - I think I would possibly feel differently or at least more sure if my DW had arrived yet but the retailer in the UK hasn't yet got stock (my Rex and End Game Cap only came earlier this month).

I'm expecting and hoping for some more variation in future Mandalorians, like you say Bo and Koska are great as they are as different to Mando or the DW as either of them are to Boba.

Preferably I'd hope if there are more in Mando season 3 we move away from the blue Night Owls colour scheme - if reports are to be believed we will be seeing Sabine in the not too distant future and expect her to still have some rather colourful armour. Her mothers could be interesting as Clan Wren in Rebels had yellow highlights and there were some interesting costumes for the background Mando's from season 1 which we only really saw from Lego when it came to figures.

Very similar to my own feelings - I think I would possibly feel differently or at least more sure if my DW had arrived yet but the retailer in the UK hasn't yet got stock (my Rex and End Game Cap only came earlier this month).

Still not?

What retailer is it?

I'm expecting and hoping for some more variation in future Mandalorians, like you say Bo and Koska are great as they are as different to Mando or the DW as either of them are to Boba.

Preferably I'd hope if there are more in Mando season 3 we move away from the blue Night Owls colour scheme - if reports are to be believed we will be seeing Sabine in the not too distant future and expect her to still have some rather colourful armour. Her mothers could be interesting as Clan Wren in Rebels had yellow highlights and there were some interesting costumes for the background Mando's from season 1 which we only really saw from Lego when it came to figures.

I wouldn't be so opposed to building a female Mandalorian clan, if they were distinctive enough - and Sabine would be in armour, helmet and sculpt.

Wowww it looks like everyone in the final scene of the finale is getting made!! Except for Cara Dune of course :gah::gah:

I really liked the quartet's power scenes, blasting away through troopers. It's so close, Bo - Katan, Fennec and now Koska is coming, which makes Cara's omission feel even more glaring in my opinion.

I'm really glad they gave her a determined expression. Hot Toys has been doing that more consistently with their female headsculpts.
I wonder if there’s a Disney mandate to make all the women look strong- similar to in WWE as a time where the only rule was ‘Make Roman look strong!’

Bo and Fennec would have looked pretty cool with a sly smile but I’ll take any expression over the thousand-yard stare.

I initially wasn’t geeling Sasha Banks vibes but that’s probably because she usually has a ton of makeup on and bright colours everywhere. If you look at her natural appearance and that in Mandalorian, this is a pretty faithful recreation of the Fett flipper.

All these expressive sculpts are giving me hope for a quality Cobb Vanth someday with either his disarmingly charming smile or a smouldering, standoff at high noon glare.

K, guess I’ll go PO this now. Screw Axe Woves though. Was an absolute non-entity.

Ordered her from OneSixthKit.

Couldn't bring myself to get Axe as well. The women are more interesting, and you can have too many Mandalorians. :lol
What was the total price at OSK? They prioritize the deposit amount so much I have trouble finding the actual price sometimes.
Does Kit include sales tax for US buyers? I seem to recall no, but it’s been a while.

Ordered her from OneSixthKit.

Couldn't bring myself to get Axes as well. The women are more interesting, and you can have too many Mandalorians. :lol

[In 1960's Batman tv-series' voiceover guy's voice:]

What rank heresy is this?!! What mind-bending flimflammery?! From whence comes this infamous Mandalorian insult?!

You cannot have too many Mandos. It is known.

Allow me to reassure you DWM is really fun. He has great shelf presence, and you can pose him without the fear of breaking anything or a part cracking or falling off [I AM LOOKING AT YOU, Commander Cody]. He fits in everywhere there are other Mandos and he's relatively cheap. He's a win/win.

Wowww it looks like everyone in the final scene of the finale is getting made!! Except for Cara Dune of course :gah::gah:

I really liked the quartet's power scenes, blasting away through troopers. It's so close, Bo - Katan, Fennec and now Koska is coming, which makes Cara's omission feel even more glaring in my opinion.
Yeah unfortunately the lack of a Cara in the Mando collection is always going to feel like a glaring omission. Especially with how many episodes she featured in.

Yeah unfortunately the lack of a Cara in the Mando collection is always going to feel like a glaring omission. Especially with how many episodes she featured in.
I’m betting that if Disney doesn’t get shaken back into some semblance of sanity a third party will jump all over this. I’m actually surprised one hasn’t already stepped forward. Seems like a license to print money…

What was the total price at OSK? They prioritize the deposit amount so much I have trouble finding the actual price sometimes.
Does Kit include sales tax for US buyers? I seem to recall no, but it’s been a while.

$291 including delivery.

I don't know what he does for US customers, but he does do something for the EU.

Did Koska herself actually wield one of those heavy Stormtrooper rifles on the show?

She picks one up on the Imperial ship after they assault it:

vlcsnap-2022-01-28-15h39m45s573.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-01-28-15h39m52s652.jpg

I think a company might have if it was just a matter of slapping an outfit onto an existing female body, but Cara will obviously require a whole new body which probably makes the idea too cost prohibitive.
Yeah, if you look at the 3rd party Proxima Midnight, a custom body might be a challenge for these folks... It wasn't terrible but was noteworthy as being kind of "wonky"...

Cara and Greef are must haves, politics aside Disney need to just suck it up and let the merch happen, she exists in the show and they can't exactly remove her from the existing material. Who cares if they have to pay royalties or whatever to her, they'd still be making more money.

It's punishing the fans more than anything else.

Back