1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 069 - The Mandalorian: Nite Owls - Koska Reeves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was close. God I hate Sideshow. I understand there’s shipping and import fees but how is this getting marked up $60 per figure? They’re going to e pricing people out within 3 years.
Sideshow takes the Hong Kong retail price (which shouldn't be what they're paying as an official distributor) and adds 24-25%. Like you said they have to pay to get that merch here and deserve a cut for their service in doing so but it does seem excessive.

I'm honestly surprised/relieved that Koska is $15 less than Bo-Katan instead of $15 more :ROFLMAO:

1643218029795.png

1643218039830.png

Last edited:
Uh dude there is no such thing as "too many Mandos." too many Spider-Men? Yes. Too many Iron Men? You bet. Too many Mandos, no.
I agree, though with how basic Axe looks I'm going to be honest I was never overly interested in him in figure form as compared to the ladies he just doesn't look that interesting - kinda loosing interest in the DW figure too which is a shame as my local retailer hasn't got him yet and at one point I was very hyped for him.

Coming from someone who (currently) has an Iron Man avatar and once was collecting different suits I agree with you as I gave up and just have the Mark VI sticking to a 1 per character rule, ok so I have both Djarin's which breaks that rule haha.

I agree, though with how basic Axe looks I'm going to be honest I was never overly interested in him in figure form as compared to the ladies he just doesn't look that interesting - kinda loosing interest in the DW figure too which is a shame as my local retailer hasn't got him yet and at one point I was very hyped for him.

Coming from someone who (currently) has an Iron Man avatar and once was collecting different suits I agree with you as I gave up and just have the Mark VI sticking to a 1 per character rule, ok so I have both Djarin's which breaks that rule haha.
Yeah but both Din looks are almost entirely different whereas a majority of Iron Man suits are all red and gold, so its justified :lecture

Sideshow takes the Hong Kong retail price (which shouldn't be what they're paying as an official distributor) and adds 24-25%. Like you said they have to pay to get that merch here and deserve a cut for their service in doing so but it does seem excessive.

I'm honestly surprised/relieved that Koska is $15 less than Bo-Katan instead of $15 more :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 558713
View attachment 558714
Looking at the two figures , I never realized how different Koska’s outfit was to Bo’s..right down to the different style boots. I like that HT paid really close attention to details like this

Last edited:
I have no issues with her ..Sasha is sexy, but she’s hardly what you call a supermodel in her face department, especially when you remove all her makeup so I think HT nailed it. The real question is will the final hs look this good in production as HT always seems to have the proto hs look better :lecture

I have no issues with her ..Sasha is sexy, but she’s hardly what you call a supermodel in her face department, especially when you remove all her makeup so I think HT nailed it. The real question is will the final hs look this good in production as HT always seems to have the proto hs look better :lecture
Honestly, HT has stepped up their production head sculpt recently and matched proto pretty consistently...at least in the Marvel neighborhood.

Up at TW. TW 2nd batch price is $45 less than SS according to Green Goblin pricing.

View attachment 558587
Don't forget, at least in the States SS will charge $17 shipping plus $12 tax. TW will charge $50-$60 shipping so your savings w TW MIGHT be $20 with almost non-existent rewards and questionable customer service. If it's important to get it to you 3 months earlier however....go for it.....

Don't forget, at least in the States SS will charge $17 shipping plus $12 tax. TW will charge $50-$60 shipping so your savings w TW MIGHT be $20 with almost non-existent rewards and questionable customer service. If it's important to get it to you 3 months earlier however....go for it.....
Well I meant that as predicting what the Sideshow price will be, not where you should or shouldn't preorder or what the total cost would be. TW seems to be first on the preorder pricing front if you want the info ASAP.

Her armor is better reproduced compared to Bo-Katan. They fixed the straight diamond part and made it curvy. Also abdomen part matches chest piece better.

I'm really glad they gave her a determined expression. Hot Toys has been doing that more consistently with their female headsculpts.

Glad they've been getting approved by the licensors/actors, too. Used to be a lot more blank/neutral expressions in the past.

Nothing worse than a blank doll-like stare.

International shipping will always Koskya an arm and a leg.

Yeah but both Din looks are almost entirely different whereas a majority of Iron Man suits are all red and gold, so its justified :lecture

Plus, these aren't just all the same guy in different suits, they're actual different characters.
Very true and that’s exactly why I broke the rule when it comes to him, as much as I love Iron Man I don’t really feel like I need another one where as Din's suits are completely different.

Spider-Man on the other hand I’m tempted to start a small collection of as collecting the right Spider “people” and you end ups with a pretty diverse collection.

Back to Mando figures I’m hoping to see some appearances similar to those early season 1 covert Mando’s in season 3.

Anyone find it a little weird that the jetpack can't be removed?

1643236728296.png

Bo-Katans appears to be detachable

1643236760834.png

Surprised this is still available for PO at BBTS. Either they got a bigger allotment for PO's for this or she's not as popular as expected. Or could be the price hovering near $300 for a single second-tier character. Could Mando figure oversaturation be starting to happen? Hmmmm.

It's a good looking figure, well detailed, nice portrait, standard features and accessories.

I'm not going to be too shocked to see things slow down a bit...the price jumps, the insane waits, the drip-drip-drip release schedule and for folks who order in the US, the roulette wheel of tight distribution controlled be Sideshow. Add to that the constant chatter in here and elsewhere about folks slimming down the collections or becoming more focused on a specific franchise or type of character (eg: troopers) Taking the wind out of the sails a bit, I'd say....

Back