1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 068 - The Book of Boba Fett: Fennec Shand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤣 thanks. Probably the longest I’ve ever spent fiddling with a pose before. Could have really used a more open right hand to make better contact with the rock.
I often get a hand from another figure to do things like this. But it’s looks amazing anyway!

Why does Sideshow have this for pre-order when many other sites have either in stock or sold out? Doesn't Sideshow get in stock first?

I think this is true, especially when some other vendors are selling her at a premium.

Can BoBF Fett be far behind? The voices in my head say No. I think he would already be out, except they dont want to take attention away from the 1/4 version. Idk 🤷‍♀️
I heard this week but who knows. The 1/4 has already been on sale at sideshow, I don’t think it’s selling well.

I just looked to see if this was in stock at BBTS. It is - for $86 more than Sideshow is selling it for. Yikes.

Hopefully they put her as in stock in the coming days. It's been long enough now.

I just looked to see if this was in stock at BBTS. It is - for $86 more than Sideshow is selling it for. Yikes.

Hopefully they put her as in stock in the coming days. It's been long enough now.
Is the additional $86 USD used to pay off the danger fees in getting Fennec in stock at the store? :ROFLMAO:

Let's be honest, going "in stock" at sideshow does not constitute being eligible for promos. Hunter for example took quite a long time after being In Stock to be eligible for discounts. Trust me. I checked nearly every day. I wouldn't anticipate Fennec being eligible for discounts for probably two months or so. MAYBE filtered into the $20 off "Thank You" codes randomly, but the others, definitely awhile yet

20230731_110228.jpg

Let's be honest, going "in stock" at sideshow does not constitute being eligible for promos. Hunter for example took quite a long time after being In Stock to be eligible for discounts. Trust me. I checked nearly every day. I wouldn't anticipate Fennec being eligible for discounts for probably two months or so. MAYBE filtered into the $20 off "Thank You" codes randomly, but the others, definitely awhile yet
I think this is 100% true. I bought Bespin Luke who was still “pre order” after they had already begun shipping and I got charged like a few days later and I was expecting to wait another month or two.

Finally deboxed Fennec tonight.

I can only echo what has been said 10,000 times before: this figure is beyond gorgeous. Did you hear me? BEYOND. GORGEOUS. Its my first HT female figure! And well worth the wait.

After some thought, although I was able to get her in the seated position fairly easily, she is standing in a pose similar to Pyramid's picture a few posts prior - because I am scared of damaging her "skirt" over time. Its wired and really nice. I dont want anything to happen to her costume. She is not on a stand and is braced against the throne.

The rifle does not fit in her trigger hand. I will see about this in the am re a hairdryer. I wish the wrist joints allowed any of these figures to truly assume the low ready position; alas they do not. I have been through this struggle with my clones. However high ready might be do-able.

classic-low-ready.jpg

She has some kind of shiny clear plastic covering on her neck, i am not sure if I am going to bother with trying to get it off. It might prevent dye-bleed onto the neck. Stand is PRINTED sand, those stupid molded footprints are not present and I am grateful. I think I might blu-tack her feet in place. That sounds like an idea.

She and Boba complement each other nicely. I love these two so much.

Last edited:
Finally deboxed Fennec tonight.

I can only echo what has been said 10,000 times before: this figure is beyond gorgeous. Did you hear me? BEYOND. GORGEOUS. Its my first HT female figure! And well worth the wait.

She has some kind of shiny clear plastic covering on her neck, i am not sure if I am going to bother with trying to get it off. It might prevent dye-bleed onto the neck. Stand is PRINTED sand, those stupid molded footprints are not present and I am grateful. I think I might blu-tack her feet in place. That sounds like an idea.

She and Boba complement each other nicely. I love these two so much.
Been going back and forth between Kuiil and Fennec for a while eg. who gets the reward points. Trying to keep to one or two POs at a time $$$$

Worse, some must haves that pop from the woodwork - maybe - like Luthen Rael or that Stormtrooper/Dewback. Leaning towards Fennec 'coz - she's just cool. So is Kuill and IMO more critical to Mando's arc, but Fennec is so fine. Would pop on the shelf.

Been going back and forth between Kuiil and Fennec for a while eg. who gets the reward points. Trying to keep to one or two POs at a time $$$$

Worse, some must haves that pop from the woodwork - maybe - like Luthen Rael or that Stormtrooper/Dewback. Leaning towards Fennec 'coz - she's just cool. So is Kuill and IMO more critical to Mando's arc, but Fennec is so fine. Would pop on the shelf.

Fennec is preferable just for her sheer beauty, imo. She also takes up far less space than that dewback is going to. We don't get many SW women, and she fits in with all Mando ppl just fine.

Back