1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 068 - The Book of Boba Fett: Fennec Shand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry yes, I’m asking about the two strings of hair in the front.
I just rewatched the beginning of Justin's review to see if there was any packing foam that might have been added that could have pushed them away from her face but there is none. If anything the packaging might push them slightly inwards. Speaking of which, I would think one could just put her helmet & visor on for a while and that might do the trick? I don't have mine yet though so I can't say for sure.

Man, I'm really on the fence about this figure. It looks absolutely great with a superb headsculpt, but I don't want to crowd my collection too much... decisions decisions...
What stuff can you let go from your hobby collection @The Entity and not look back on it with no regrets? There’s something that has lost your interest/enthusiasm in it and needs a reset.

Picked her up tonight :panic::panic::panic:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg

It's gonna be said about a zillion time in the figure community, but it's not an exaggeration to call this out as a contender for figure of the year. I have seen a bad review yet. It simply looks stunning on every level. Can't wait to get her.

Loving all these shots - keep 'em coming!

Serious question: Is this the best figure HT has ever done? The head sculpt is amazing, the outfit is stellar (credit to the source material design for much of that) and the accessories are really well done. I know people will share other figures that are their favorite and to be clear, this is not my favorite figure ever...but it might just be the best in my collection.

I think the general consensus is that Yondu is HT best ever, although imo there are many figures that could contend for that title. There's a lot of figures I enjoy for their sheer beauty, without being all that attached to the character themselves; Moon Knight is a great example. IMO MK is mind-blowing. If Doctor Octopus had a good head-sculpt, he'd be up there too. What a stunning presentation!.... and then, that face.

But that does not mean Fennec isn't right up there. So is the Fett deluxe double pack, that headsculpt is beyond gorgeous.

Are we not lucky to live in a time where so many great figures exist? (y)

Serious question: Is this the best figure HT has ever done? The head sculpt is amazing, the outfit is stellar (credit to the source material design for much of that) and the accessories are really well done. I know people will share other figures that are their favorite and to be clear, this is not my favorite figure ever...but it might just be the best in my collection.
I don’t own enough figures to say if she’s “best ever” but she’s pretty dang great. Few plusses that go unmentioned is her softer-than-usual hands make changing them out super easy - they pop off with just the right amount of force and don’t take the whole peg with them - and the wired ponytail is much appreciated.

If anyone’s struggling to get her to stand, I’ve found you’ve really got to grab her feet by the toes and twist them to the desired position, so that her feet are planted on the ground. They don’t just naturally fall into position like some figures do.

Glad they had enough sense not to leave out double-jointed elbows and knees plus thigh and shoulder swivel on this figure or else you’d never be able to get her believably holding the rifle.

Only negatives really is you’ve got to choose angles that hide the neck joint and rolling eyes would have been most welcome.

Some more photos!

DSC_0019cu.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0076B.jpg

DSC_0085B.jpg

DSC_0126B.jpg

Got my Fennec yesterday, and she is just as great as everyone has been saying... Unfortunately, her right-side hair strand was broken off at the scalp upon out of the box examination. Fortunately, I was able to find the strand lying in the box, so a droplet of super glue made for an easy fix.

So unless my figure was just a one-off issue at the factory (or more likely upon shipping) these strands may be even more delicate than the already appear. Use caution...

IMG3590.jpeg

Got my Fennec yesterday, and she is just as great as everyone has been saying... Unfortunately, her right-side hair strand was broken off at the scalp upon out of the box examination. Fortunately, I was able to find the strand lying in the box, so a droplet of super glue made for an easy fix.

So unless my figure was just a one-off issue at the factory (or more likely upon shipping) these strands may be even more delicate than the already appear. Use caution...

IMG3590.jpeg
Oh no! Sounds like it had just come unglued from the head? From your photo I can't tell that you had to reglue it so that's good!

Back